swelly belly? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

swelly belly? swelly belly?

Unread 03-26-2013, 04:09 PM
Re: swelly belly?

One other thread mentioned comfortable clothes for both work and casual with special waistbands called Reitmans. Shipping is from Canada but they have really nice things.
Regards to all sisters with swelly bellies like mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2013, 04:22 PM

Pineapple!! it is great for swelling and bruising. I have been eating at least 1/2 of one a day and with in 3-4 days my "cake top" (my husband sad it was way to large to be a muffin top) was gone. I have very little swelling at night and all the fruit is helping to keep me regular.
Unread 03-27-2013, 05:26 PM

Leecasa! I love pineapple and it would be great if it also has "medicinal" purposes! I'm sooooo tired of my swelly belly. Ill give this a whirl.
Regards and happy healing sisters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2013, 05:50 PM

Does it have to be fresh pineapple? I prefer fresh but not sure I'll be able to get it and I have lots of canned in my pantry... :-)
Unread 03-27-2013, 05:57 PM
swelly belly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leecasa View Post
Pineapple!! it is great for swelling and bruising. I have been eating at least 1/2 of one a day and with in 3-4 days my "cake top" (my husband sad it was way to large to be a muffin top) was gone. I have very little swelling at night and all the fruit is helping to keep me regular.
Thanks for this tip Leecasa! I absolutely love pineapple so I will be trying this.
Unread 03-27-2013, 06:55 PM

TueApril2,

You could try some dresses/Tunics with leggings?
Unread 03-27-2013, 09:36 PM

I invested in some yoga pants -- really comfy and so nice on my tender tummy - also granny panties -- or panites that go up to your belly button so they don't rest on your belly at all. Hose and tights are not going to happen anytime soon, so I did find some nice leggings to wear under skirts -- can't just wear yoga pants to work! There is a great list on here somewhere in the pre-op articles of got good suggestions for clothing. I found that I don't like sleep pants and got some nice night shirts.
Unread 03-28-2013, 02:18 AM

hi TueApril2,

I went back to work at 4 weeks post op and had a swelly belly until 4-5 months post op. I am expected to be in dress/ultra corporate clothes always.

Leggings and tunics are too casual and I couldn't wear my suits. But I found wearing either wrap style dresses with heels and jacket or a shift dress with jacket (think Duchess of Cambridge) worked really well and I received so many compliments that I still wear my dresses to work.

I found supportive pantyhose essential otherwise my belly ached by mid afternoon.

The main thing to remember is that whatever you put on in the morning needs to have enough room to cope with afternoon swelly belly.

One last thing, buy a pair of dress shoes that are flat. Wearing heels day in day out made my belly look even bigger.
Unread 03-28-2013, 02:21 AM

Forgot to add that I didn't need to buy bigger size clothes - just clothes that were a different style to fit the swelly belly
Unread 03-28-2013, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tueapril2 View Post
Does it have to be fresh pineapple? I prefer fresh but not sure I'll be able to get it and I have lots of canned in my pantry... :-)
I have read that it should be fresh, the canned pineapple maybe heated?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register