PMS...what if?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

PMS...what if?? PMS...what if??

Unread 02-02-2004, 09:30 PM
PMS...what if??

I am getting the old week-before period symptoms, and my surgery is next Wednesday!! What happens if I have my period during surgery? Will they postpone? I am so ready to have this all over with. I've made peace with my body and am sure this is the right decision. If I have to wait any longer I will go crazy. But...this will be the last time for all the pre-period pain and suffering, which for me is almost as bad as the pain and flooding during.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2004, 09:53 PM
PMS...what if??

No problem! This surgery is performed on women who are bleeding quite often. I was cramping bigtime as I was being prepped for surgery and it was great knowing it was the last time! It just made me that much more ready!

Just take exquisite care of yourself, eating and sleeping well as much as possible, so you are in good shape for your operation.

s to you,

nisima
Unread 02-03-2004, 12:00 AM
PMS...what if??

Give your Dr a call. Most don't care but it would be horrible if yours decided not to do it at the last minute because he didn't know until it was time to start. Again, most don't care. As for what to do prior to surgery, they usually give you a mesh pair of undies and a pad which they will remove once you are asleep. Good luck on your surgery and relish knowing that this is the last Aunt Flo for you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2004, 03:28 AM
PMS...what if??

i had "aunt flo" visiting when i underwent my TVH and it was a non-issue! these docs are used to to dealing with blood, won't faze 'em!
Unread 02-03-2004, 05:54 AM
PMS...what if??

I had to reschedule my cold knife cone because i was on my period and they needed to know what was actuall surgery bleed and what was period bleed.

My doc said no problem with the bleed at hysterectomy time. He said that it was a great indication that i wasnt pregnant

jen
Unread 02-03-2004, 07:33 AM
same here

getting ready for aunt flo to visit just as im about to go to the castle , i was due in in dec but had to re-shedule because of flu so i phoned them and said i was due for my period will it matter and the nurse laughed and said you wont be for long so im sure there will be no problem
Unread 02-03-2004, 07:43 AM
PMS...what if??

Hi Juliabak - Here is a link too an article that is on the Pre Op Hints page that will give you some more information.

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/hsa...hp?s=&id=96909
Unread 02-03-2004, 08:18 AM
PMS...what if??

When I was in pre-op on surgery day the nurse doing the 100 questions game and asked when my last period was and I said "Now". No big deal. After I got dressed in my designer hospital gown, they just had me sit on a folded towel.

But I had checked with my dr beforehand if that would be a problem and he said no. Some sisters here have reported having to cancel so it might be a good idea to check. Which is really kind of silly when you think about it....you're going to bleed anyway!
Oh well, guess they all have their reasons.

Good luck and sending you a big

Blessings,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register