Vaginal Orgasms | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vaginal Orgasms Vaginal Orgasms

Unread 06-03-2004, 07:41 AM
Vaginal Orgasms

I would like to know if removing the cervix has an effect on vaginal orgasms. I know the clitoris will still work, but I have experienced internal vaginal orgasms that are pretty intense. Some of you may think this is an unimportant concern, that I should only be concerned with my health, but I would like to know if my quality of life is going to change. The doctor is removing my uterus and cervix, leaving the ovaries. I have a large fibroid that is causing heaving bleeding. Thank you so much for any opinions or experiences you can share.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2004, 08:07 AM
Vaginal Orgasms

Hi Mariangela..
There seems to be alot of opinions on that subject. There seem to be as many posts from women who say there's no difference as there are from women who say it's different. Some women say that if you leave the cervix the orgasms are better. i asked my doctor and she said that it wouldn't make a difference so i really don't know what to believe.
I asked my best girlfriend if her orgasms were different after and she said they were different but it was ok. She said that even though she didn't have the really strong contractions with orgasm, she was able to achieve them more easily and was able to have multiple orgasms now and she couldn't before her surgery.
I've just decided that I hope that sex will be just as satisfying as before but I'm mentally preparing myself for the fact that it might be different too. I'm sure it will be different at first just because of the apprehension.
I also console myself with the fact that sex hasn't been much fun with all the pain and other symptoms I've been having anyway so anything's got to be an improvement!
Good luck to you
Unread 06-03-2004, 08:19 AM
Vaginal Orgasms

Number one - NO - your sexuality and sexual satisfaction is NOT a trivial concern!!

I've read all kinds of things, and don't know what to believe. But,since I have not have any problems with my cervix (I had some abnormal paps back 10 years ago, but everything A-OK since), I am opting to keep it if I can.

And Vickie is right - it IS a very personal decision, and only one that YOU can make, which is why it is important to research both sides.

Esme
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2004, 10:01 AM
I can understand your worries...

I was worried myself as I had read many different thoughts on the subject. I talked with my Dr and he said that in the 1980's women were pretty adament about keeping their cervix as the thought at the time was not to let anymore of your anatomy go than you had too. There are many pro's and con's on the subject and for me as I was having a vaginal hyst(and they start at the cervix) that I would lose mine. I was very nervous about it but I can tell you that my *O* is great and in fact because I had such horrible spasms in my uterus when I had an *O* before, that this is much more pleasurable for me and my DBF always felt bad when I had that much pain. I can't tell you how greatful I was that it was ok, as I was worried I'd never have one again! So for me it was a good choice. There are some links you can go to for the pro's and con's. Don't feel like this is trivial because it is a very important part of our lives.

Take care!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register