LSH Jul 3-now it feels real-mini freak out | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

LSH Jul 3-now it feels real-mini freak out LSH Jul 3-now it feels real-mini freak out

Unread 06-29-2007, 05:13 PM
LSH Jul 3-now it feels real-mini freak out

Hi Ladies-
My LSH is scheduled for Jul 3..and I met with my Doc today to go over all the pre op orders and to sign all the "CYA" paper work....now I'm starting to feel scared...
I'm sure it's normal...and I'll be OK....just hate to have to sign those "worst case scenario" papers!! ugghh.

Surgery is 10am Tuesday and my hope is to be home that evening....my DH is an ER RN so I will have my own private nurse at home......

Feeling anxious.....Just wanted to pop in and say hi-
Terri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2007, 05:33 PM

Your a lucky dog to have your own personal nurse!! It is very normal to feel nervous. Love those forms its enough to make the strongest person high tail it out of the office. Best wishes to you on 07/03/07!! Keep us posted on your recovery.
Unread 06-29-2007, 05:37 PM

Hang in there. My LSH is scheduled for July 12. July 3rd, WOW. U r a strong sister to do it so close to the holiday. I wish you the best. Let me know what to expect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2007, 05:40 PM

I'm schueduled the same day as you. I found as soon as I scheduled it, I was rather disorienated. By the next day, I was better, and now I just want it done and over. I just found out on the 13th I had to have this done. I think that's why I was so shocked when I got a date that quick. Good luck to you, you're lucky to have your own private nurse, my guy leaves for 5 days within one day of me getting out.
Unread 06-29-2007, 05:56 PM

good luck terri! i hope your surgery and recovery goes as well as mine has
Unread 06-29-2007, 06:21 PM

I'm just a week out and I totally understand your anxiety. Mine was definitely at peak levels but trust me...it is SO worth it. I feel so great and nothing hurt or freaked me out nearly as badly as I had it built up in my head.

Think happy thoughts and keep breathing. You're going to be so thrilled with yourself in a couple weeks!

Cat
Unread 06-29-2007, 07:15 PM

Best wishes, Terri with your LSH.

Mary
Unread 06-29-2007, 07:32 PM

Hi Terri- Hey girl we are getting close!!! Its okay to freak out.... The vibe I am getting around here is that is normal. I am sure everything will be fine. Prayers and best wishes headed your way.
Sarah
Unread 06-29-2007, 07:57 PM

I'm having TVH and BS the same day. I've been freaking out too! My doc didn't tell me anything. He acts like it will be as easy as a 30 minute oil change. I don't know what I would do if I hadn't found this site.
Unread 06-29-2007, 09:30 PM

You know, it's funny as I read everyone's thoughts and freak-outs because they're the same as mine. Well, the funny part is that I'm an airline pilot and many people are afraid to fly and become "freaked out." To me, flying an airplane is as normal as driving a car - but not to most people.

My doctor, the 2 times I've spoken with her, also acts like it's nothing and just another normal day - when to me - it's NOT at all - this is huge event.

I'm thinking about all the times a terrified passenger has come up to cockpit just for reassurance - which I provide - but don't understand - because what I'm doing is perfectly normal and safe to me, yet I have all those people's lives in my hands for a few hours, just like my doctor will have mine in her hands. Granted, I'm not slicing up my customers but...

My point being, our doctors and everyone else are doing what is perfectly normal to them, but is a huge deal to us. I take some comfort in that.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register