Nesting (children mentioned) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Nesting (children mentioned) Nesting (children mentioned)

Unread 07-08-2008, 08:42 PM
Nesting (children mentioned)

I have 2 weeks left untill I go to the castle and I can not stop the nesting that has started. I am cleaning and making lists for everything. I even have a list of lists. I have a list of what I am packing my kids, my mom, and my aunt to eat while I am in surgery. I have a list of what toys and books my kids will take to the castle. I have my list of foods I will precook for durring my recovery. It is so bad I washed the walls today. HELP!!!!! Am I the only one that has went into such bad nesting? I dont know how to stop it and I am afraid I will be spending the next two weeks nesting.

Chrissy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2008, 09:15 PM

I did very similar. I like lists and checking things off. I can't remember how many lists I had going before the surgery. My house was very clean, laundry done and packed for the castle several days before hand. Now 2 weeks later, my house is a mess, I hope for no company until I am given the OK to clean. DH tries, but he is just a man. He is a good cook so I didn't have to prepare anything in advance. You might try getting out of the house before the castle, do something special with your kids. This next 2 weeks are going to be very long. The waiting is the worst part.
I hope you have an easy recovery.
Unread 07-08-2008, 09:23 PM

ChocoBear,
Thank you. I am glad to hear I am not alone. I am bleeding so bad I cant get out long. If I stand for more than 3 minutes I am light headed and ready to pass out. I do everything in little incriments. My kids are great and help as much as posible. When I ask them to do something, they do it.

Thank you again.
Chrissy
P.S. They left a washer behind????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2008, 11:09 PM

I'm also seriously nesting, although without children, I can't imagine how difficult planning and prep would be if I had anyone else to worry about other than my DH and cats. In the last month I have cleaned my house.....but I mean CLEANED...and WHOLE HOUSE.... I have gone through every cabinet, drawer, closet, etc. I started in my kitchen because I knew my mom and mom-in-law would be here and be trying to cook...and find things...etc. This turned into "Spring cleaning deluxe" Having a 12 week wait for my surgery has made me a bit crazy I think...I just needed a job...and the cleaning, prepareing, nesting thing seemed to be all I was interested in. I am done with details, doors and walls and am down to floors, baseboards, and then windows. I have 1 1/2 weeks to finish...then I cruise for a week, fly home one day, pre-op the next, and surgery the next. Now my only problem is that I've spent so much time doing details that I'm afraid I won't finish the basic cleaning. OH Well...as far as worries go...not the worst. Also, just like ChocoBear...I know my DH and I could so easily mess it all up in a few days...SIGH

Truth is, clean or not probably won't matter at all in the big scheme of things, but it's a great release of energy...and not a bad way to pass a stressful time.

Blessing to all,
TANK
Unread 07-09-2008, 07:35 AM

I had nesting instincts, but at my office not at home. Thought of EVERYTHNG... even preaddressed some envelopes I knew my boss MIGHT need.

It made it easier to be out for a full 4 weeks, which amazes me because I have never really even taken anything more than just a week off in 18 years.

I discovered that I really like having a lot of time off in the summer and thats when I was recovering from surgery, imagine how nice it would have been with out any pain? *giggles*

It does get better, the drive to get things done. Its like its your body's way of preparing you for when you really just need to focus on healing. The other side of surgery is great and just remember how many sisters are here waiting if you have questions or just need to vent.

Julie
Unread 07-09-2008, 07:45 AM

I'm doing the same - six lists going and counting! lol
Four girls at home (24, 19, 16 and 16), DH, 1 cat, 1 bunny, 4 hamsters and 2 fish!! lol
Made meals they can pop in the oven, made 9 quarts of suace so they can have pasta, all the laundry is done, house is clean and I even made them a list of what plants get watered when and how to pinch off spent buds! lol
Unread 07-09-2008, 10:02 PM

Thank you all so much. I thought I was going crazy or something. I am glad to know I am not the only one nesting right now. I wish I could stop it but I guess I cant untill everything is done and in order. I now have a list of chores my kids must do each day. I always heard that if you do something, like chores, everyday for two weeks it becomes habit. I hope that is true so they can keep this place sorta picked up. I hate stepping on legos!!!! They HURT!!! Now, if I can teach this dang cat not to jump on my belly we will be cool. The oversized hair ball flying through the air is a scary thought for me lol.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register