pain after my period ends/ i have adenomyosis | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pain after my period ends/ i have adenomyosis pain after my period ends/ i have adenomyosis

Unread 10-12-2010, 11:15 AM
pain after my period ends/ i have adenomyosis

I have a question for anyone out there that has dealt with this Adenomyosis. I have already gotten some wonderful support and advice from here so I figure this is the best place for me to go. Anyway, my question is has anyone out there that has Adenomyosis had consistent pain for a couple of days after there period ends? My symptoms seem to get worse and worse month by month but this is one that I havent had.

I go back to the doctor on friday for a followup on the laproscopic surgery they did to find out what was going on and , even as nervous as I am, I am going to insist that a hysterectomy is what I want done. I just cant handle this anymore. ugh.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2010, 07:22 PM
Re: pain after my period ends/ i have adenomyosis

i dont remember if i had pain directly after my period ended but i do remember that i still had pain when i didnt have my period. i never had painful intercourse, it was usually most painful during my period and often when i had a bowel movement or gas, even if i wasnt bleeding. my uterus had gotten so large it was not only causing the pain but it had begun to press on my bladder, making me feel like i had to go to the bathroom more often. the pain in my uterus, and the terrible cramping was what lead me to have mine removed. i was having my period abut every 3 weeks, and i only felt good about 1 week out of the month. good luck with your decision.
Unread 10-12-2010, 08:56 PM

My pain began after the birth of my 2nd son and it progressively got worse. It started with pain during intercourse, then graduated to also pain with cycle and finally pain all of the time. After 6 years of progressively getting worse I had my VH in late August (2010). I had surgery complications and didn't feel "good" until right at 6 weeks. I would do it again in a heartbeat and in hindsight should have done it sooner. The pain I feel now is recovery pain from 2 surgeries and very different than what I felt prior. Only you can make the right decision for you and good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2010, 01:48 AM

I had pain 24/7 non stop - meds might keep it at bay if I was lucky for a few hours, but pretty much non stop for 10 months. The pain got progressively worse until I could hardly walk or stand for more than 15 minutes at a time. But that's just me.

Good luck on your decision, I hope everything works out for you.
Unread 10-13-2010, 06:14 AM

I have pretty much hit that point of pain all the time my self...just miserable. Well wish me luck I am going in Friday and hope to be strong enough to say I just cant do this anymore.
Unread 10-14-2010, 01:31 PM

Best of luck, Firebird! YOU CAN DO IT!
Unread 10-14-2010, 01:45 PM

I had pain the whole time too - and was diagnosed with 'chronic pelvic pain' because they weren't sure for a long time what was causing it. I can tell you though, I remember the cramps being very bad for a few days after my period finished. Sometimes it would start the bleeding off again, sometimes it would just be the pain. At its worse, I could be found crawling around the house on my hands and knees, the pain was too much to stand.

I'm a couple of weeks from the surgery, but I already know that the pain is different.

Good luck, make sure the decision is the right one for you, and take care when the pain hits - you will get through it!
Unread 10-14-2010, 02:16 PM

im glad to hear that I am not crazy....tomorrow is my appt. and I am a nervous wreck. I have no problem telling doctors what to do when its for my girls but when it comes to myself I am a whimp. I just can't do this much longer i know that much. I hope that he will listen and alow me to make this decision. Thanks all of you for your support. This site has been a blessing. It helps when there are gals out there who know exactly what I am feeling and going through.
Unread 10-15-2010, 12:59 PM

ok so I had my appt. today and am soooo frustrated. After all I have been through he still won't schedule surgery. He wants me to start this new drug called LYSTEDA. Now this is a drug that I never had heard of. You take it on the first day of your period to help minimize the amount of bleeding. Well thats fine and dandy. But what about the two week of pain, bloating, and such before and during my period? I have to do this for two months and then I have no choice I have to have the LUPRON shot. I have done nothing but cry since I have left the office. With this getting worse and worse month by month I told him I just can't keep doing this I am miserable and all he said is lets see if this helps. It makes absolutly no since to me. At the very least just start the stupid shot so I can get this ball rolling. UGH. Am I being unreasonable?
Unread 10-15-2010, 02:58 PM

(((firebird)))

I am sorry your appointment didn't go as you had planned today. I know that can be very frustrating.

Keep in mind, a hysterectomy is a major surgery that is not without a whole list of possible complications. Thus, a doctor should make sure there are no less invasive options for you to try first. Additionally, many insurance companies will not cover a hysterectomy unless other less invasive options have been tried first.

I am one who had a hysterectomy and it did not cure me and I had surgical complications. So from the perspective of not living happily ever after and needing additional treatment and surgery, I strongly encourage you to consider trying less invasive options first.

I also encourage you to seek a second opinion. You could even do so before starting any of the medications your doctor has recommended. A second doctor could confirm that what your doctor has suggested is a reasonable option for you, or s/he may have a suggestion that would be even better for you.

I know when we are miserable we just want it all to be over. And if we knew 100% sure the hysterectomy would end all the problems, we would have no complications or new issues, and we would live happily ever after, the decision would be easier for us and our doctors!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register