Scheduled TAH Found out yesterday need abdominal hysterectomy in 8 days (2/17) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Found out yesterday need abdominal hysterectomy in 8 days (2/17) Found out yesterday need abdominal hysterectomy in 8 days (2/17)

Unread 02-10-2016, 04:37 PM
Found out yesterday need abdominal hysterectomy in 8 days (2/17)

So life just changed.

The doc found a fibroid that is almost as big as my uterus. And there are several others growing. So I am going down the Abdominal Hysterectomy path in hopes I will only have to deal with this one time.

Tomorrow I do the cervix biopsy and pre op stuff. And I'm trying to clean the house, cook and freeze a bunch of food and hand off my projects at work. And I'm going to get a binder. (Just learned about that today).

My life priorities changed pretty suddenly. And I am surprisingly calm.

I am so glad I found this forum. It's nice to have an outlet.

Zabrina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2016, 06:36 PM
Re: Found out yesterday need AH in 8 days

ZV,
Hi and welcome!

I completely relate to what you are going through in terms of diagnosis and need for speeding up the surgery. My adventure started with a routine well woman exam that escalated to my needing an immediate abdominal hysterectomy.

You are doing everything you can to get ready which really helps you stay focused and reduces stress. In the next few days, try to do things you enjoy as well as "errands and chores". Surround yourself with positive and supportive friends and family.

Just take care and know we are here to support you.

Hugs and best of luck.
Unread 02-11-2016, 03:46 AM
Found out yesterday need abdominal hysterectomy in 8 days (2/17)

Hi Zabrina & welcome!

Wow you're life has changed fairly quickly. I think it's a good thing you were able to have your surgery scheduled right away. There is no time other than to get ready to head to the castle.

If you get a chance, I would recommend reading articles about what to expect about abdominal hysterectomy if your doctor hasn't gone over that information yet.

Also if you can read the hints from members. They are great at giving tips after they have gone to the castle.

We're so glad you made it to the forum. We are all here to support each other. It's great to hear that you are calm about it.

Give us an update as to how you're doing or if you have any questions or just the need to vent!

You are strong & courageous and you got this!! 💪

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register