I'm home and still alive!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm home and still alive!!!! I'm home and still alive!!!!

Unread 05-06-2005, 04:09 AM
I'm home and still alive!!!!

Just wanted to drop a quick line to say I made it thru with flying colors.

I went in Monday the 2nd for a TAH was told would stay 3 nights and was such a good patient that my dr sent me home on Wed and so I was home by 11 am.

My family was so happy to have me back early. Untill they had to cater to my every whim LOL.

I will post my story later, just wanted to check in real quick.

And a couple things that I didn't realize that I do now, When it takes a while for people to get back online, its not from the pain (or at least in my case) its because the drugs make it hard to focus. I have been trying to read my email off and on and get thru about 2 before I am dizzy LOL

That also goes with packing things to take with you to the hospital. I always wondered why everyone said they didn't read their book they took and such. I thought boy not me I will probably finish one while I am there. No such luck I am still on the same chapter I was on when I went in. And I am the read a book in 3 hours type of girl. I couldn't even stay awake or focus to get thru changing all the channels on the tv to get to the one to turn it off LOL it was taking me hours to click thru the 50+stations.

OK well anyway, will post later and thanks to all the well wishes and thoughts and no it wasn't worth all the worrying I did. I was so very very lucky and it was a walk in the park compared to the monthly pain I have endured.

(of course that may change tomorrow when my staples come out LOL)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2005, 04:28 AM

Well done its nice to hear good stories it takes the fear out of it for us that are sitting at work/home just wishing the days away!!

Glad you are ok and make the most of your lazy days don't worry the family will get it back ten fold when you are back on your feet and hopefully you will have more energy than before as you wont be in so much pain.

love & stuff

G/x
Unread 05-06-2005, 06:33 AM

Welcome home, it's good to hear that you're doing well. I'll be looking forward to reading your story when you can post it.

I had trouble with my concentration ( well the lack of it ) for awhile after my surgery too. Take care, go slow and easy, you're a brand new princess you know.

See you in Post Op soon.

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2005, 08:28 AM

Welcome back! Now all you have to do is relax and enjoy yourself for the next few weeks. (And they will go by fast!)

I did read in the hospital but I took Reader's Digest, which has short easy stuff and it didn't matter if I remembered what I had read or not.
Unread 05-06-2005, 08:51 AM

Welcome Home-

I am so happy that things went well for you. I hope my story will be the same. I am looking forward to hearing all about it.
Unread 05-06-2005, 03:29 PM

Welcome home Jamie!

I know you are glad to be home! Take care of yourself, drink plenty of water, take short slow walks, rest, and enjoy your princess pampering!

s

Deb
Unread 05-06-2005, 07:03 PM

Welcome home Jamie!

I knew better than to bring a book or anything to the hospital. I just laid there and watched TV and drifted in and out which is what I knew would happen. I was about 5 days post-op before I even opened the book I had been reading.
Unread 05-06-2005, 09:33 PM
Re: I'm home and still alive!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by foreverbroken
Just wanted to drop a quick line to say I made it thru with flying colors.

I will post my story later, just wanted to check in real quick.

And a couple things that I didn't realize that I do now, When it takes a while for people to get back online, its not from the pain (or at least in my case) its because the drugs make it hard to focus. I have been trying to read my email off and on and get thru about 2 before I am dizzy LOL

I hear you. I have not had an exceptional amount of pain....I would describe it more as discomfort. But I can't focus worth poop....I wanted to get my castle story up right away so I would not forget details....but I just can't concentrate. I had a bunch of movies lined up to watch, but as soon as I sit or lay down on the couch my eyes close....whether I feel tired to begin with or not. Not to be cliche, but for all you ladies in waiting....the waiting really is the worst part!
Unread 05-07-2005, 10:04 AM

Good for you, such good news!
Mine big day was May 3rd, and I came through with a very positive story to tell as well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register