Ahh! Surgery Date Has Been Changed Sooner | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ahh! Surgery Date Has Been Changed Sooner Ahh! Surgery Date Has Been Changed Sooner

Unread 01-05-2002, 06:38 PM
Ahh! Surgery Date Has Been Changed Sooner

HI, LADIES, I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT THAT HAS BEEN GIVEN TO ME. I AM FEELING REALLY OVERWHELMED RIGHT NOW. AFTER TAKING MY 14YR SON TO THE DENTIST YESTERDAY I FOUND A MESSAGE FROM THE BIG CASTLE SAYING THAT MY SURGERY DATE HAS BEEN CHANGED FROM 01-16-02 TO 01-09-02. HOW NERVE RACKING IT WAS A RUSH TO GET EVERYTHING IN ORDER FOR THE 16TH BUT NOW WHAT A FRANTIC MESS I AM RIGHT NOW. MY FAMILY REALLY TRIES TO HELP BUT I'M LIKE A ANGRY OLD PITBULL ON A RAMPAGE AND TO TOP IT OFF MY 15YR SON HAD HIS APPENDIX RUPTURE JUST BEFORE CHRISTMAS AND HIS INSISION OPENED UP A FEW DAYS AGO SO I'M WORRYING ABOUT HIM. I CAN'T WAIT TO GET THIS OVER WITH I AM A PERSON WHO LIKES TO KNOW WELL IN ADVANCE AND HAVE EVERY LITTLE DETAILED PLANNED AS TO WHAT IS HAPPENING. WELL, I GUESS I'M JUST GOING TO HAVE TO SAY OH WELL IF THINGS ARE NOT IN ORDER MY DH, AND OLDER BOYS CAN TAKE CARE OF THINGS - AND THE 2YR OLD WON'T STARVE. I KNOW THEY CAN HANLDE THINGS ITS JUST LETTING GO OF BEING MYSELF THAT IS SCARING ME AND HAVING TO DEPEND ON OTHERS, I'VE BEEN JOKING A BIT SAYING THEY ARE PROBABLY GOING TO FORGET THAT I'M IN THE BEDROOM AND I'LL BE NOTHING BUT A BAG OF BONES WHEN I'M BETTER. WELL THANKS FOR LISTENING EVEN THOUGH I WAS JUST RAMBLING ON AND ON.
THANKS
JUDY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2002, 07:23 PM

Boy, Do I understand chaos like that, I am so sorry that you have to go through all that. It seems like Murphy's Law has come to your house too!! I have had this similar hing happen and I realized that it is ok for the boys to eat choclate cake for breakfast because as my 11 and 14 year olds pointed out contains some of the basic food groups, dairy, poultry, flour (what ever that was) and Pizza does also work for breakfast.
I guess this is male logic. But they did make pancakes for dinner.
Best of luck to you and your 15 year old. appy's are nothing to mess with!!!!!!

Jonilg
______
Cervical Cancer X2--painful periods -- constant abdominal and back pain-- adopted with no known family history
Unread 01-06-2002, 07:02 AM

s Judy!

Hang In There! I finally had to say 'ENOUGH' and quit worrying about preparing anything. Like you, my family was old enough to care for themselves and have dinner out if needed! Focus on you now and the few things you need for your castle stay, your preps and just relaxing, so when you go in you are not all You are doing just fine. Good Luck to you hon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2002, 08:06 AM

Hi, Judy!

Relax, hon. They will survive! I have been a "mother hen" to my 14 & 11 y/o kids and know the worries that goes with being a mother. But have pleasantly been surprised at just how much my two can do for themselves and for me too.

Your 15 y/o is old enough to be able to care for his incision. If no one has yet, go over it step-by-step with him next time you're cleaning/dressing it. And you're right, your dh & older sons CAN help take care of the two y/o. Even the youngest can "help" mommy by bringing you little things like the remote control.

I've always been the one to care for everybody else and want the house to be cleaned "my way". I just had to remind myself that this recovery period is only TEMPORARY and let them have a chance to feel they can all do their part in helping out. I even learned before surgery when friends said if I needed anything to respond with, "well, if you have any leftovers, bring them over". Guess what? We had enough food brought over to feed an army. (And it wasn't leftovers, either.) Too bad I didn't let people help with my previous surgeries. I could tell that my friends & family actually enjoyed helping me out for a change.

If it helps any, just tell yourself that by the date being moved closer, that means you be recovered a little sooner than you'd planned too.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register