Anyone Leaking with an UTI? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone Leaking with an UTI? Anyone Leaking with an UTI?

Unread 03-19-2003, 12:49 PM
Anyone Leaking with an UTI?

I have an UTI and am leaking some pee. I saw the doctor and am taking some antibioitics. After I had my fistula repaired I thought I would be off pads for good!

Went to the Health Food Store and bought some 100% cranberry juice, hopefully that will help.

The antibiotics I am taking is Septra, hopefully this leaking will stop, feel like an old leaky faucet.

Sherry xo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2003, 05:46 PM
Been there Just Done that!

I just finished treatment for a Uti and I too had leaking.... It is gone now that I am all better... That liquid stays where it should...LOL
Unread 03-19-2003, 07:49 PM

Thanks for responding. Feels good to know that I am not alone. How long before the antibiotics kicked in?

Sherry xo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2003, 08:02 AM

Hi (((((Sherry)))) So sorry you're dealing with all of this

I've been having increasing problems with incontinence, but stress and urge and, before doing anything else, my doctor is testing for a UTI, since that could be a symptom.

Hopefully, the antibiotics will kick in real soon
Unread 03-20-2003, 09:40 AM
New Antibiotic

Dr. just called me and said the tests came back and the antibiotics I am using won't work. Guess different "bugs" react to different antibiotics. Going to pick up another prescription.

He is baffled as to why I got another bladder infection. But from reading this site seems not uncommon after surgeries. I guess it is because I had the supra pubic cathether and not the foley last surgery (Feb 3) for 18 days or so.

Drinking 100% cranberry juice (my main drink now and forever). Here's hoping that this clears up and I can get back to living.

Thanks for the Support,

Sherry xo
Unread 03-20-2003, 07:11 PM

((((Sherry)))))) I'm glad you got an answer to your questions So sorry the bug is not reacting to the antibiotics. Hopefully the new ones will do the trick.

Unread 03-24-2003, 10:18 AM
Still Leaking

Called the Dr. this a.m. Have an appointment to see him Wednesday at 10:15 a.m. I am still leaking, not to need a diaper like with the fistula, but I hate wear a pad! Still have the feeling or urgency and always leak when I finish peeing, or when I stand up from sitting for a while or when lying down.

Can UTI's be that nasty that it takes weeks to cure them and stop the leaking?

After 2 surgeries in 3 months, I just want to be dry and have my life back. Is that asking too much?

Still Smiling,

Sherry xo
Unread 03-24-2003, 10:59 AM
Hugs

Hi,
I'm so sorry you are dealing with the bladder stuff. I don't blame you for getting frustrated. you've been through a lot and it's not asking too much to stop leaking and finally feel good again. What antibiotic have you been taking? Antibiotics have actually wrecked my system, I haven't ever been able to do well on most of them. The doctor gave me Levaquin when I had the foley removed to take for five days to prevent infection and after 2 days it has made me really sick and have nasy cramps and bowel problems. I'm drinking cranberry juice and olive leaf extract (an herbal remedy that fights infection). It sounds like you still have some healing to do. I hope the doctor can find something to help you once and for all.
Love, Light, Blessings
Druid
Unread 03-24-2003, 11:31 AM

Druid,

I am taking norfloxacin. I have no pain, so should be glad in that sense. Drinking 100% cranberry juice and lots of water. Usually antibiotics work well for me. Guess I'll just wait and hope.

Blessed Be,

Sherry xo
Unread 03-24-2003, 12:12 PM
Leaking continuously

I have been leaking to the point that I have to change my pads about every 2hrs. I don't think this is supposed to happen. I have gone through 3 different antibiotics for UTI. I'm not sure if the UTI isn't healing or if there could be something else. I have my 6wk appoint. tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Tammy R

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register