Normal to NEED sex the last few days pre op? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Normal to NEED sex the last few days pre op? Normal to NEED sex the last few days pre op?

Unread 04-01-2012, 04:14 PM
Normal to NEED sex the last few days pre op?

This might sound nuts, but I am 3 days pre op and for the past week I have had the panic/anxiety about needing sex as much as possible before surgery. I am not really desiring sex at all,but have this feeling of urgency. I keep thinking, " what if my orgasms never feel the same after? What if I never have the desire to have sex after the hysterectomy? How will we make it 8 weeks without it? " My DH is always tired from work and doesn't feel like we need to do it any more than usual before surgery. He actually yelled at me today when I tried to explain to him " again" how I was feeling. This of course made me cry, which led to more lecturing from DH. Has this been an issue for anyone else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2012, 04:36 PM
Re: Normal to NEED sex the last few days pre op?

DITTO!! I have 3 weeks left but am trying to 'stock up' also. I know he'll be scared of me for awhile and possibly even after I'm cleared so I want to get what I can. It doesn't help that I'm on Zoloft now and it is making me want more than usual.
Unread 04-01-2012, 05:22 PM

I only had about a weeks notice of having a TAH the next week ...and yes we tried to have sex as much as possible. I told my husband we were heading into a drought lol we better stock up I also wanted to have those feelings of intimacy because I kneew I wouldn't have them for a while. Hugs girls!! Hang in there! I'm post op day 4 and am surviving!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2012, 08:14 PM

Its understandable your desire, given that you will be restricted from any sexual activity for some time. You may be even restricted from external stimulation.

in there. I hope DH can start to understand why you have these feelings.

(((Hugs)))
Unread 04-01-2012, 09:36 PM

I would encourage you to "go for it!" Don't worry too much about post op. I found that all my parts were working better and everything felt better now that the horrible fibroids, etc were out of me. I had everything removed. The big O? Was just fine.
Unread 04-02-2012, 03:23 AM

You are not alone on that. I am scheduled Friday for my hyst. and my concern isn't for myself as far as sex goes it is for my partner. I want to make sure to keep him satisfied while I can. I have had so much pain during sex that I am not that into it anymore. I am hoping that will change after the operation and healing is done. I do wonder if I will feel the same way about sex after and if it is going to affect me before I am able to have sex though. That is a long time to go without.
Unread 04-02-2012, 05:51 AM

Thanks for all the replies. Makes me feel I am not the only one feeling this way. DH still thinks I'm nuts though! I actually think he is the one that's a little crazy. Once we set into the 8 week restriction, and even after that I may not want any, he will then understand what I meant. I actually am looking forward to reminding him of how awful he was to me pre op when I wanted sex all the time and he didn't think it was necessary. I'm guessing about 3 weeks post op he's going to see the light and wish he had taken me serious! He is so concerned about my surgery and recovery period that he hasn't really grasped the lengthy sex restriction yet.
Unread 04-02-2012, 08:09 AM

Surgery is tomorrow. Tonight we cant because I have to do the darn bowel prep but you BET we were like crazy teenagers all weekend. Kind of nice to feel this close before surgery. Im going to miss him though - the waiting will be rough!

Good luck to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register