I want a hysterectomy and please take my ovaries for PMDD | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I want a hysterectomy and please take my ovaries for PMDD I want a hysterectomy and please take my ovaries for PMDD

Unread 09-13-2012, 12:25 PM
I want a hysterectomy and please take my ovaries for PMDD

I am in the throws of pmdd as we speak. I am at ground zero. I waiting to see an endocrinilogist and an obgyn. I pray they are supportive and listen to what I have to say. Living with PMDD is no way to live. I want a hysterecomy and please take my ovaries. I can't live like this anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2012, 04:34 PM
Re: I want a hysterectomy and please take my ovaries for PMDD

I am in the same boat! Having it right now too. I finally found a doctor who actually knows what PMDD IS. and treats women for it. I'm starting to get PMDD when I ovulate too. Just went thru the blood work - found out I'm in perimeter opause at40, yippee! I know she's open to the possibility of a hyster. Anyway, I pray you have doctors who are open and willing to listen too. Hugs!
Unread 09-13-2012, 04:37 PM

Ah perimenopause - thanks autocorrect!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-14-2012, 11:08 PM

I have dealt with PMDD and perimenopause symptoms for about 7 years. I always thought if I just had my uterus out it would take care of the problem. I finally had a chance to pick a doctors brain and he said that there had been some studies done and it actually wasnt the uterus but the ovaries that were the culprit. My own physician referred me on to another OBGYN who is going to do the surgery. I think he personally thinks I'm a wimp who is just whining and since he doesn't want to deal with a whiny wimp for long he is doing as I ask. This has been a problem for as long as I can remember. Surgery is October 22. They tell me for some women it's the definite answer for others they regret it and others there is no change but you don't know until afterwards. Me...I'm taking the chance so I don't wonder what would have been if.... Good luck ladies it took me several years to stay put in a job long enough to have the time off I needed as well as the short term disability to help cover the expenses. I'm finally there to get to find out what happens next
Unread 09-18-2012, 04:50 PM

I am in the same boat with yall. I only have my ovaries and my pmdd is becoming unbearable. I only have 1 good week out of the month. 2 weeks are bad and 1 week is so bad that I wish I would never wake up. Doc appt tomorrow to discuss the 2nd denial from drug company for Lupron injections. My ins. says they will cover ovary removal for pmdd but only if Lupron is tried first. So the doc will either convince me to try a new antidepressant that I have not tried (I have tried everything else) or call my ins. company. Hubby does not want me to rush for the removal because of dryness and sex decline which irritates me when he knows the hell I go through every month. And I need to go back to work and can't lay out of work for a week or two every month. We will see what doc says tomorrow. I just want them out. Good luck ladies

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register