My sister | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-29-2004, 03:14 AM
My sister

Hello. Well, my younger sister (27) has just found out that she has to have a her uterus and one ovary removed on Feb. 5th. They have to do it abdominally because they have to clean the other ovary and get rid of some endo. I am new to all of this but I know this much - she is afraid and this is a big deal. I want to know what I can do for her, a helpful pre-op gift(s) to give her for the hospital and when she gets home. I have no idea what to do for her but besides helping with her kids after the surgery, I just want to do something special.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2004, 04:11 AM
My sister

Greetings!

If you help her with the kids, house and meals you will be a saint!! She'll start feeling more like herself after a week, but try to keep her as inactive as possible. Buy her a couple of books from her favorite author or a crossword or wordsearch book. After the kids are asleep, share a good movie with her (not a comedy at first-oh, ouch). This would also be a good time for a sister Bible study or read the same books and have a discussion. As for something special, give her something that cheers her up-flowers, chocolate---however you're helping with the family will mean more to her than anything as she can then get the rest she needs.

Keep up the good work!!

CP
Unread 01-29-2004, 04:49 AM
My sister

Anything that you do for her will be deeply appreciated! If she has internet access, please direct her here, as there is so much information and a great deal of support. If she doesn't have access, maybe you can ask the questions that she needs answers to and print them out for her. I'm 48, and was also afraid in the beginning, so I can imagine what it must be like at 27!

You're a great sister to be so thoughtful and willing to help. She's very lucky to have your support! s to both of you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2004, 04:55 AM
My sister

Hi luvsmysister,

I'm glad that you found us, and that you are going to be such a good support for your sister. One of the best things that you can do for her is to encourage her to become a HS member and read, read, read as much as she can.

There is a wealth of information here, in the Pre-Op Hints and the Post-Op Hints. They are full of great advice that will help her to prepare for her surgery and recovery.

The Hyster Sisters Store has many items that would make terrific gifts. One of my favorites is Through the Land of Hyster - The Hyster Sisters Guide.

She is fortunate to have you for a sister.

S

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register