Crying, Hurting, and Itching... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Crying, Hurting, and Itching... Crying, Hurting, and Itching...

Unread 09-12-2010, 08:49 AM
Re: Crying, Hurting, and Itching...

Does your husband come to doc visits with you, Creme? You might have your doc speak to your husband. Have your husband come into the exam room with you. Perhaps tell your doctor your concerns, first. I'm sure the doc can explain things to him in a way that will make him see just how much support this will take on his end. Just a thought. {{hugs}}
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2010, 08:58 AM

Cremebrulee,
You sound like one person who will really benefit from your surgery. I'm happy that you don't have to wait much longer. Men are weird when it comes to expressing their feelings. They tend to run from situations that they don't know how to handle. I'm sure your hubby is just a little scared too and it's easier for him to stay occupied with other things to avoid dealing with it all. After your surgery, I bet you feel much better pretty quickly and your hubby will then really understand what you were going through. I hope you're back to your happy healthy self very soon!
Unread 09-12-2010, 08:58 AM

Keeslady2 hit the nail on the head. Men need to fix things. My husband didn't 'get it' until he saw a video of the procedure I had done...after my surgery. Once he saw that he said something like "Wow, they really do get in there and do a lot of stuff...no wonder you're sore. You need to take it easy." I don't know...maybe before he thought it was as simple as a skin growth removal.

I didn't need a lot of help after surgery...just for driving the first week and lifting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2010, 09:34 AM

Hey you hold on, this is about YOU and only YOU, do not worry about the people around you. You will be fine, I had surgery Friday and here I am today telling you all this. The only thing anesthesia caused me was I could not urinate, a quick catheter relieved that, I left after being in hospital for 13 hours. The worst is the gas and bloating from it, but it will get better I am told. So I walk around, drink a lot, and look forward to feeling better tomorrow. 12 fibroids 2 as large as grapefruits, now all gone, all is left is to recover. So you my girl, think of you now, you will be fine.................
Unread 09-12-2010, 09:55 AM

Bless your heart!
Let me encourage you by saying your husband is probably feeling nervous, scared and not sure how to filter his emotions. Prior to surgery, try to make time for a conversation....ask him what he's feeling.
Encourage him to read as much as possible so he knows the thigs you are thinking, feeling, expressing are normal and the same goes for him. If you are like most women, you are the captain of your home ship! I know it was difficult for my husband to see me so vulnerable and it scared him. Thankfully, we talked a lot prior to surgery about his feelings, fears, my feeling and fears, and both of our expectations in terms of what we saw happening post-op. Communication is key.
I am glad you're here to talk it out with other women. We NEED each other! If its ok, I will be praying for you, your husband, your family, to calm your fears, ease anxiety, for your husband's wisdom & discernment, and for your ability to communicate clearly to him your needs.
I sincerely pray your surgery is 110% succesful, free of complications, and that SOON you will be feeling like a new woman!!!
Take care!
Unread 09-12-2010, 03:35 PM

there is one thing I would like to add. You are used to so much pain, you even hit a 10 sometimes. All the parts of your body that hurt you now will be taken out. After surgery you will be in pain, but I doubt if it will be a 10. read what a lot of sisters here write; the pain is usually not that bad! (there are unfortunately always exeptions) The first week your mother will make sure you can stay in bed. The second and third weeks you will not be allowed to do much, but it is very possible that you will feel much better then than you are feeling right now. this is a very necessary and therefore positive step you are taking. I am glad your mother is coming, that first week is vital
keep us posted?
annelies
Unread 09-13-2010, 10:58 AM

I want to thank EVERYONE for your extremely thoughtful, beautiful, and supportive posts! They mean SO much to me and your words are helping me more than you know. I keep rereading them and processing them and I am so THANKFUL for all of you. Bless you ALL!

I don't know what I would do without all of you, honestly...you are angels! I am still in pain and still scared but you all help me so much. Thank you!
Unread 09-13-2010, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I want to thank EVERYONE for your extremely thoughtful, beautiful, and supportive posts! They mean SO much to me and your words are helping me more than you know. I keep rereading them and processing them and I am so THANKFUL for all of you. Bless you ALL!

I don't know what I would do without all of you, honestly...you are angels! I am still in pain and still scared but you all help me so much. Thank you!
{{{{BIG HUGS}}}} Anytime, Future Sis!
Unread 09-13-2010, 11:14 AM

Creme I don't know what I would do without this site as well. Everyone has been so helpful and supportive. Just think a few more days and we are heading to the Castle
Unread 09-13-2010, 11:46 AM

Yes we are, Peeka, I've been thinking about you!

Hugs to all!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register