Sex too soon after hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sex too soon after hysterectomy Sex too soon after hysterectomy

Unread 12-08-2007, 12:56 PM
Sex too soon after hysterectomy

I am very concerned about tearing/etc. I had a hysterectomy on Nov 26th, and one week later my boyfriend and I were "fooling around" externally, avoiding penetration, which was difficult, and we got caught up in the moment and his "shaft" slipped in.
We froze and became nervous about the implications. Not sure what to do.....tell doctor immediately or wait for the regular follow up visit??????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2007, 03:48 PM

Hi!

I'm sorry that you had this happen and I can understand your concern. Calling your doctor now rather than waiting is the right thing to do. Let your doctor decide, after talking to you and asking about any symptoms you may have, if you need to be seen.

Some doctors don't allow any type of sexual activity--with or without penetration--so it's important that you find out from your doctor if even external stimulation is okay. My doctor's orders were complete pelvic rest but of course not all doctors give the same post-op orders.

Here are some good articles to read that will give an understanding of the post-op libido and why it's important to wait:

Sex - Do I Really Have to Wait Six Weeks?

Sex - Post-Op Libido and Sexual Activities

Post-Op Sex Checkpoint

I hope everything checks out okay and that you have an uneventful recovery. Let us know what the doctor says, okay?

s
Unread 12-08-2007, 03:58 PM

did it not hurt when that happened?Are you ok now?take care.

sherri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2007, 04:08 PM
Sex too soon

AprilDawn,
Thank you for writing. It seems that my problem is minimal compared to others.
I will let you all know what develops (if anything)
ljljnov

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register