Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 103 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-06-2007, 11:52 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

elefan, i forget whether or not you are on HRT? I wonder if our not being able to sleep is a hormonal thing. I'm sorry it gets lonely sometimes for you. I'm very grateful that we have your insight and wisdom on this site and I always look forward to your posts. So please know that at least on here, you are not alone.
SaraJean--that is exactly how i felt last night---one million things going through my mind and I just couldnt shut down. My whole body was aching so i finally gave in and took an Ibuprofen. I've been trying not to take any pain meds.
I guess my biggest concern right now is whether or not these body aches or joint pains (whatever it is) are a result of being in surgical menopause. I will ask the doctor on Wednesday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2007, 11:56 AM

Elefan, it is so hot here in Florida today i couldnt even think about walking right now. What's the temp up there in MN today? Here it will feel like its over 100 today according to the news
Unread 08-06-2007, 11:59 AM

Hi E.
Well, I just got off the phone with the nurse, and I tell you if my husband wasn't with me when I was seen for my postop and heard the advice I was given, I would agree I need professional help. Everything my doc told me was off the wall. The nurse said no sex (six weeks), no lifting, no gym, no straining, things need to be restricted for the next eight weeks. And I thought I was going crazy!

Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. I think the last thing someone needs to hear is that they need professional help especially when hormones are wacked out, they're getting conflicting answers, and they are tired and somewhat lonely. (all my friends are at work during the day and my kids are all grown up with jobs of their own.)

God bless,
Moe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2007, 12:07 PM

Hi Moe, I'm so glad you found this site. I had very low blood pressure the first two days after the surgery while at the castle. I had nevery experienced that before. I passed out on my first try getting up from the bed. I know you must be feeling extremely tired with the low bp. Try to rest and take things slow. Its so hard to figure everything that it going on with our bodies after the surgery. For me, its something different everyday.....like the no sleeping last night, or the days where i was having some weird fluid-like discharge, and the night i cried over an Adam Sandler movie!!!!! Its nice that we have this website to come to for some answers
Unread 08-06-2007, 12:22 PM

i'm glad the nurse was lucid, Moe! Glad it all worked out knowing the do's and dont's...now it sounds like most of what the rest of us were told, definitely. I'm glad you waited to check before you threw yourself into weights, the gym, and other damage-producing activities. Hopefully now you will feel a little better mentally knowing that the doc's advice was a little 'off' to put it mildly. Celebrate the rest of the day by 'chillin' .... Yeah, it gets lonely. I don't even have a DH. It's magazines, class syllabi, emails, the t.v. (occasionally) and me. Again, take care.......

E.
TVH/CIN3/CIS/clear path report
Unread 08-06-2007, 12:50 PM

Phil446, you had a lot of problems internally, like me? Overall, do you feel better?

Ladies,
Am I the only one in the group that had a LSH? I feel really good. I mean, my body has being telling me that I haven't had any advil or pain meds in 2 days with little twinges 1-2X a day. My only complaint is that I am tired. Extremely tired. I guess my dad's cookout wore me out. I was out frid/Sat all day. Yesterday took it easy and then went back over in the evening. But no pains, JUST TIRED. Maybe LSHer's recovery a little faster. My glue fell off on the left site last week, but the right is still glued.
Unread 08-06-2007, 12:52 PM

How is LSH different from LAVH? Thats what I had.
I couldn't imagine having my stomach all cut open. It's bad enough w/ 3 little "X's" cut out. (which all are doing really good now). What does LSH stand for? Sorry, I'm terrible w/ acronyms (and spelling )
Unread 08-06-2007, 01:13 PM

Ladies,
I had my LSH (kept cervix) on July 12. This thurs will be 4 wks, on today is 4 wks for July 9 ladies. You start your count the following Monday to now.

As for drs.: I had my 1st post-op on Fri, July 27. He mainly wanted to see my sites and almost pushed me out of the office. I had to ask about my path report and called later in the wk to receive a copy and a prescrip for vaginal itching. He personally didn't call back, (like in the past) but had his cronies call and gave me 2 diflucans. It seems like it is working too. Must have been the anti-biotics in my IV during surgery. Anyway, he didn't say anything about lifting, vacuuming or anything. I already had the ok to drive 7-10 days, no baths for 4 wks, no X for 6 and work 4 wks later on my post op papers from the castle. I asked him and he said listen to my body at my first appt. I will get more details when I go next Tuesday. I think he is pleased with the surgery and so far I am too. He just didn't seem like the same compassionate man that saw me before my surgery, that evening and that morning when he released me. He even took my family for the AFTER SURGERY conversation. Maybe, he was busy that day.
Unread 08-06-2007, 01:27 PM

I am with u, sara. I didn't want to be a big ab incision. You can get adhesions from that more frequently. You can see from my signature, that I dont need anymore adhesions. I had a c-section and tht was worth the cut. I got a pretty baby boy out of the deal and I was 22.

LSH stands for Laparoscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy. They leave in the cervix (cautherized, so no mini periods) I wanted to lose as few parts as possible. The cervix supposedly helps with moisture. My dr. was the only one here in town that does it. It took a while to find him. I wasn't gonna do it otherwise or if I had to do the LAVH isn't that bad. The only difference, I think is with LAVH they take the uterus & cervix from the vagina. My surgery takes the uterus only from the navel or one os the sides. It is the least invasive. Recovery is as little as 10 days if you sit down. I am feeling pretty good too. A little twinge every now/then, but no meds.
Unread 08-06-2007, 01:34 PM

Hi, everyone. Lots of questions! Let's see: it's humid up here, but not like FL. The dewpoint is 65 degrees and I know it gets up to 70 in FL. *A good friend at work is trying to buy out Sanibel/Ft. Myers...lucky me hysterectomy I didn't go down there where he is right now....HOT HOT HOT I know*... so our temps are about ten degrees 'cooler' than FL but very high above our normals and we have a terrible drought going on. Even winter has drought and it does NOT snow like it did in my childhood. People swim in Lake Superior; forty years ago you couldn't go into that lake. The warming is very noticeable.

I am not on HRT bec. I went thru menopause quite a few years ago. So they did not offer/did not give anything. I guess my teeeeeny tiiiinnnyyy ovaries even though so small maybe they are doing something in there? Well, my OB left them as cervical cancer was the threat for now, not ovarian. Sigh.

I just walked 3 laps and I am tired out from it. I always get pains up in my chest. No, no heart attack for me. The docs are sick of me asking about that. It's probably 'heart stress pain' just thinking about going back to work and reading essays for 100 students over a 16 week period. That's a stressor. And wishing DD could find a decent job up here. She gets ten bucks an hour. Before taxes. Before health care deductions. Think it pays any bills? Nope. Another sigh.

Jennice, you've been running WILD for a long time so I am not surprised you are exhausted. You have earned a well deserved rest.

If I lived in FL I could not walk at all. It would be very hard. I was there the week prior to Hurricane Charlie going thru........now I know why they have 'lifeguards' in the Busch Garden parking lot. You can die from the heat radiating off the blacktop as you hunt for the rental car. I was scared that the kids/I would keel over. I couldn't figure out why men were perched on top of big white lookout towers in a PARKING lot, but then figured it must be to protect people who pass out even searching for a car. Yes, you have my sympathy living there. It is very hot and muggy. I've lived in Mexico and Costa Rica and Spain, too............I prefer MN. But, it's not too cool up here anymore. Nope.

My chest ache is SO nagging. I might go see a GP next week and beg for some cardio test. Maybe it's 'angina'...........I'm supposed to take a baby aspirin a day but don't. I didn't want to do it pre surgery as I'd be opening myself up to a lot more bleeding that way. I'm a pretty healthy person overall. This surgery was the first in my life besides a cerclage, which I don't really count.

Off I go. I'm going to chug some more water. I've been slacking off in the water department. I know it helped a lot w/initial recovery.

E.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register