Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 167 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-21-2007, 11:45 AM
Thanks for checking in, Gemini!

I think of you a lot, too......you are sooo busy. I loved the comment about kids getting out of school the time they normally wake up! My teen just survived 9th grade orientation and she is babysitting. She called and asked me to go to Subway to get her a sandwich and drive it out to her and i thought what the heck it's my last day before work. Tomorrow she'll be in shock when i am totally not available until until basically winter break...or maybe thanksgiving??? Anyway, she is panicked bec. not one of her friends is in not one class w/her this year but she will hopefully survive, hidden learning disability and all. Gemini you are so good cooking and all....i am very bad at that. I say throw a potato in the microwave and put lots of stuff on it and that's dinner. I couldn't cook prior to surgery and i'm even 'worse' (if that is possible ) now.

Good to hear from you and again, glad the scrapes were all minor after that car accident. Take care. You inspire me. E.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2007, 04:08 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Moey, I've got a circle about 3" across between my bellybutton and the incision that is numb. Dr said it probobly may or may not go away. It's because you have a lot of nerves that have been cut.

I went back to my family doctor about my pulse yesterday. If he has any idea why it's spasing, he didn't say. He upped my toprol to twice a day, and ordered a Holter Monitor ( I get it next monday) and a thyroid test. Gee. Yea. Saturday evening I had almost convinced myself it's wacky because I forgot my morning meds. Well, Sunday it was worse than ever & I know I took my meds on Saturday night and Sunday.
Thanks for being there for me Friday. Most days I can handle it. But DH had started a new better paying and more stable job running mail in an 18 wheeler and was gone from midnight thursday to 8:30 Saturday night on his first run. He'll also be gone from midnight Monday to 8:30 Wednesday night.

The circus was in town last night, so I got to take DS. Of course that was the day my incision was hurting. Ah well, we had fun other that the fact I think our allergies kicked. Thank heavens it wasn' week 1 or 2.

I had to go in to work for meetints from 8 am to 2 pm. If the my boss's boss had his act together we could have been done by 12 and not had to take time out for lunch. After that, we did prep work for the breakfast the others are going to serve in the morning. All I was allowed to do was help crack eggs. I even asked someone else to carry the eggs out of the cooler.

Now I feell so lousy from my allergies and sleepy from the antihistimine, I'm going to lay down. Nite, nite!
Unread 08-21-2007, 04:31 PM

Good evening ladies. I spent 8 hours today at a food service food show. 6 of it was spent sitting down for a meeting. That is one thing i'm not used to doing is sitting down. The food show was so much fun. And it is raining here again today. that makes 3 days of rain. Now i have my little granddaughter here, probably will have her here overnight. Well i'll talk more later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2007, 04:41 PM

Hey law,
Glad you survived through the day. How is your body feeling?

Gemini,
It is always a pleasure to hear from you. Glad the kids are recovering nicely. Maybe, your daughter should still check those fingers out. It may bother her later in life.

Elephante,
My girl. Joining the rest of us working gals tomorrow. Be strong. I didn't walk this evening because their was another thunderstorm (didn't lose power). This things terrify me so with a tree in the front and my roof isn't the strongest. Need to check into that again. I made it through work today and for the first time, wasn't exhausted. I worked 7.5 hrs today. Tomorrow, I may try for 8. My son has been transporting me until he leaves on this weekend. Remember, I dont hit 6 wks until thursday.
New problem: No real pain/twinges today. I have good days anyway. Anything is better than what I had. Never mind I tell the problem over in progress.
Unread 08-21-2007, 04:51 PM

crossroads,
Get some rest.

New problem:
I worked today for 7.5 hours and for once I am not tired. This makes day 4 at work and each day is longer and better than the prior. I think like this: I was in PAIN for over a year THIS PRE-SURGERY and felt I think the worst. I walked every day 7 blocks to/from the free parking to work. Almost never called in even though I felt like crap. Work a PT (kohl's) 2, sometimes 3 nights a week and had a whole bunch of female stuff going on. At least 18 symptoms. Anyway, my #2's have been more frequent (better than constipation for a year) and today WOW, I went about 3 times. TMI, not runny or anything, just soft and gassy. After every meal, I had to go shortly afterwards. Is this part of the recovery? I have always been pretty regular until last year. On a good note, my tummy is getter flater from it and I am still in elastic sets.
Unread 08-21-2007, 05:07 PM

Okay, ladies. Thanks for all the good progress reports and good words. I've done 8 laps today, rescuing a turtle that was pointed north...probably trying to go to Canada bec. the weather in MN is so beserk. Teen drives me crazy. Parents' meeting at the h.s. starts at 7 p.m. so have to leave soon. The President (yes, of our land) is here and of course during rush hour. The news shows our major thruways (what's left of them) tied up in knots like my tummy gets sometimes....what a traffic jam when he is here. Oy oy. And then when I get home tonite have to find where teen is (told her she can't have a huge sleepover here...i need to rest and in our tiny townhouse there is no quiet w/so many kids.....and i can't wear earplugs. I need to be listening, believe me)..... and then tomorrow up early and off to work at 7:15. Well. Thanks for all the good wishes and I will check in tomorrow night. Glad things are going well...Law, Jennice and once again my energetic Gemini!
Unread 08-21-2007, 05:11 PM

Jennice, a BM after meals is not unusual: as a baby, my son would ALWAYS poop after his naptime bottle. This is because eating puts our whole digestive system into gear, including the back end.
Crossroads, it sounds like you're having a really tough time of it. I hope your kids are old enough to be more help than hassle. I hope that meeting at work was just that, and you aren't back at work full time. It sounds like you need more time. We have the same surgery date. I'm going back part-time next wednesday. Take care and get some rest.
Unread 08-21-2007, 05:11 PM

Sounds like you are definitely in much better shape now, Jennice, than prior to surgery. I've read that for some people the surgery can be life altering in terms of positive changes. With that list you made....wow, 18 symptoms to almost none.

The #2 qn: i always tell DD that maybe she ate something that made her system 'go' more often. I still get very gassy after eating since surgery. It is very annoying, VERY annoying. I'm getting used to it. It made me walk out of last week's training at my college. Hopefully it won't happen tomorrow during 'opening days'.............

But overall you are doing GREAT, Jennice.

Have a good healing evening all of my sisters............I'll think of you all tomorrow. E.
Unread 08-21-2007, 05:24 PM
Question - Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 bellybutton

Hi ladies. I just posted a new thread regarding bellybutton pain. Anyone out there having pain in the that area. I am really afraid I might have a hernia. The pain is right under my navel, it hurts when I sit or stand. It's a fairly new discomfort and I don't know if it's something anyone else is experiencing. I really don't want to call the surgeon, I was thinking of calling the gyn, but I don't know.
Any help?
Moe
SAH/total reconstruction
Unread 08-21-2007, 05:36 PM

Bopper, elephante,

I agree that some babies (mine too) went shortly after eating. My boy has been regular since. He will be 19 and if he doesn't go 1 day, he comes and tells me about it. I heard on a radio talk show (from the drs. ) that you should go after EVERY meal. I am not complaining, ladies. It is just weird to have such a drastic change since friday. I must admit, I was tired of the constipation so I started eating prunes and activia yogurt fri and saturday. Been going ever since. I was just polling other ladies. In 03, when I had similar female issues (before the lap for adhesions) I was seeing a gastro dr. and he gave me EVERY test there was including colonoscopy and didn't find anything. So he chalked it up to IBS. I was just hoping this hasn't revisited. Maybe, the prunes & yogurt just jumped started it. Also, I have stopped taking the pain pills. Overall, God has been merciful. I think I may have about 3-4 out of the list of 18 I took to the drs. office before surgery. Can't speak on X. Havent tried that yet. Thanks.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register