Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 173 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-23-2007, 04:18 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Good morning ladies -
Just a quick check in. Spent time yesterday getting my house in order before I go back to work. DH was a tremendous help even if I ws a b*tch to him. I HATE housework - especially the kind that for some reason no one else can seem to understand needs to be done - ceiling fans, behind counter top appliances, etc. I still have a number of things to do but we got a lot done.

I'm taking middle son shopping this morning to warehouse store to do stock up for his dorm - he returns to school on Sunday. He and his room mate actually were fortunate to get one of the newly built dorm rooms for this coming year, so we are actually going up a day early to see it and check in. The big move is on Sunday. His campus is only an hour away so it isn't a hardship to go up and back as we need to.

For anyone who had anemia - have you noticed the difference? I still get tired and it doesn't help that I still get have bouts of sleeplessness during the night, but overall - I think my energy level is definitely increased and I am certainly not nearly as pale.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-23-2007, 04:58 AM

Sorry about the insomnia setrimacoky. I too am having a very very VERY hard time sleeping and worse than pre surgery when I'd be known to stay awake. I think I get about four hours of fitfull tossing and turning. It's unreal. I don't know what it is. Usually when that happens then I finally get a good night after one night of not sleeping but this just goes on and on. I might remember to mention it at my 8/31 appt. Sometimes it's bec. of a 'twinge'... maybe I should be taking an iboprophen before bed or something like that. Then maybe i'd get more comfortable. Just know you are 'not alone' in the sleep dept. issues.

Here it is 5:56 a.m. I 'went to bed' at 11ish and DD got a phone call (she's not even here) at about 11:30 and then I swear I looked at the clock so much I got maybe what, 2 or 3 hrs sleep?

Walking around my beloved State Fair today should help me get 100% exhausted. I sure hope I sleep tonite. Tomorrow it's back to work and on the road at 7 a.m.

Take care everyone this Thursday a.m.............it's so foggy (very very VERY unusual in MN) I can't even see my hand in front of my face out there today.

E. Good healing to you all...............
Unread 08-23-2007, 06:09 AM

I too have been having the sleepless nights. I thought it was the cold, but that is getting much better now. Very rainy here (flooding everywhere) in MI and I've had a sinus headache for two days. Could be why I can't sleep. Wondering if I may be having some hormone issues. I kept my ovaries and my dr didn't seem to think I would need and replacement for them. But I can't sleep, very emotional (crying at everything!) and I had a mild hot flash yesterday. Got odd loks from my family when I changed clothes from sweats to shorts and a tank top! LOL!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-23-2007, 07:59 AM
Sleep

I, too, was having problems sleeping. I would start to fall asleep, then feel my heart "bump," my head swoosh, and then sweat. I have been taking Ambien and it's been helping. A couple of times I tried not to take it (I've only taken it for a week and a half) and I couldn't sleep. The twitching was bad too.

I've talked to two of my doctors and they really want me to continue taking it because the lack of sleep causes my BP to be unstable.

I still have some pain/discomfort in my belly button area. (I had a SAH w/reconstruction to everything) I even started having a lot of pulling when I stand. Weird, that hasn't happened for sometime now. I really don't want to call the surgeon and I am hoping it's nothing. He seemed rushed and impatient the last time I was there.

I guess, hope, that it's all in the healing.

I hope no one here on this thread is being directly affected by all that flooding. When will it end? We're in for record heat this weekend.

Have a Terrific Thursday,
Moe
Unread 08-23-2007, 08:21 AM

My heart goes out to all you Sleepless Wonders. This is serious and I urge you to get medical help. As I've said before, I went through this during menopause a few years ago, waking up every two hours. I ended up burning out at work and having to take extended sick leave and am still on anti-anxiety medication. Now, the burnout was triggered by impossible demands at work, but I can't help but think I would have handled them better if I'd been getting enough sleep. If you don't get into a DEEP sleep you might as well stay up all the time! This is important to your physical and mental health, so don't ignore it.
And speaking of sleep, I went into the office for a meeting yesterday (about 4 hours including drive time) and came home feeling "This is easy! I can do this!" But later yesterday evening the pain kicked in and I needed ibuprofen to get to sleep. Then I slept for a blissful 11 hours! This tells me I may not be ready to return next Wednesday. We'll see.
Happy healing everyone, and get some sleep!
Unread 08-23-2007, 09:09 AM
sleepless...

I called my doctor today so waiting to hear from them going to have phine attatched to my hip so that I don't miss the call. Thanks everyone for the support and I'am so sorry to hear that I'am not alone its miserable.
Unread 08-23-2007, 09:28 AM
sleep

I also had problems sleeping. But at about my 4 week it improved. I took Advil PM. Now, I am getting about 7-8 hours of sleep without taking anything.
I do take regular Advil for my bottom pain and swelling. I go in tomorrow to see if it is a cystocele/rectocele or enterocele that has developed since surgery.
Yuk.

Have a great day everyone!!!
SM
Unread 08-23-2007, 09:46 AM

Moejoe,
Male drs. can be jerks sometimes. My dr. tends to rush me at times. Funny when he wanted the LSH gig he wasn't rushing me. Took me in his office and everything. Then again, that was my first visit with him. I was also his last patient. I think that is what I will do from now on. I am due to see him again in 6 months. Saw him 2X for post op and the 2nd was a little longer visit. Still didn't have a chance to ask everything. I won't feel intimidated again though.

Sleep:
I spent like a whole year sleep deprived before surgery, so I guess I am catching up now. Walking and my ds being home also helps me sleep at night. However, he is leaving this weekend to go back to school. Ima really need my BF and u guys then.
Unread 08-23-2007, 10:03 AM

Here's the kind of boss I'm blessed with (a woman, it goes without saying). She's about to start some vacation so I gave her my "forced relaxation" tip: get settled with a book, drink, phone, etc. and then apply footcream so you can't move! Here's her reply:
that's a good trick! i had a good laugh!! do take it easy on your return to work date, it's more important for us to get you back in one piece. see you soon
Isn't she a gem?
Unread 08-23-2007, 11:05 AM

Bopper, your boss is a gem. Like you said, female. She is right, take your time when you go back. You will be wiped out at the end of the day.

My 2 supervisors are gems too. One of my bosses is female, young, only been there a yr & 30 with a baby. The other is a 56 yr old man. (kinda of feminine & single), but sweet and understanding like a woman. They both tried to talk me out of going back gthe last 2 days of last week, PT. I work in central administration for the school system. So, us girls, work for 2-3 people each. This is our last day of the week and I took a vacation day. I was exhausted from the last 3 days.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register