2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 484 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 11-08-2012, 01:52 PM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 08,2007

Hi ladies,

We have a cloudy, rainy day. They are saying it is to last into Saturday. We really need the rain. Dd said she dressed very causal & warm...yoga pants, a long-sleeved top and her rain jacket.

I am working through my lunch time. I have to leave 30 minutes early for my doctor appt. today I see the podiatrist for my 3 month check up.

Not much going on this evening other than working out. We are going to stop and pick dinner up on the way home. We will continue watching The Voice.

Hyper - Sounds like you had a nice day off yesterday. Hope you had a good work day today. Have a good evening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2012, 02:43 PM

Hi ladies,

We actually have a nice day for this time of year. It is nearly 60 degrees. Work was busy today. DD is out taking the puppies for a walk. Lds has a friend over and bds is out with a friend. DD has practice tonight. I'm making cheeseburgers and fries for supper. DH will pick dd up from basketball practice. We will probably watch some t.v. this evening.

Scrapper hope your dr. appt. goes well.

Have a good day.
Unread 11-09-2012, 12:10 PM

Happy Friday ladies!

It is fairly quiet today. My boss took a day off today taking advantage of an extra day off on this 3-day weekend. I am working on a couple of different things. Not sure if I will walk over to the farmers market. Don't really need anything so I will see.

It is dry out today but very cool & breezy. The rain is supposed to start back up later today into tomorrow.

Dh took a furlough day today so he took dd to the 2nd bus stop this morning. Not sure what arrangement they made for after school. She gets out at 11:10 today. She had a math test today and felt pretty prepared for it.

Not much going on this evening. Dd and I may go look for this cupcake bakery that won cupcake wars. She called them to see if she could interview one of the owners for a school project. We will pick up dinner on the way home and just relax.

Tomorrow meeting my friend for coffee after the gym. Dd has a haircut appt at 2:30. She also needs to schedule a time to go to Michaels to fill out the hiring paperwork and then she will be ready to start work.

Looking forward to the extra day off. I'm taking my car in for service on Monday morning. My podiatrist appt went well. They cut my nails and I go back in 3 months.

Hyper - hope work went well today. Enjoy your Friday and the weekend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-12-2012, 11:04 AM

Good morning ladies,

Sure is nice to have an extra day off. I took my car to be serviced this morning. The dealer gave me a ride back home. Breakfast is done and I am working on laundry. I will do some cleaning around the house. They said my car would be ready around noon time.

It has been cold...especially the nights & mornings. The weekend was sunny but windy.

We had a good weekend. Friday evening dd and I went to the mall. She was looking for some boots but didn't find anything she liked. So I used the $20 off coupon and bought a pair of shoes for work. We walked around and then headed back towards home and picked up dinner on the way home. We called dh to see what he wanted.

Saturday morning I went to the gym and then my best friend and I went to have coffee and just catch up. it was great catching up. Dh dropped dd off at Michaels so that she could finish up the paperwork for the hiring process. Later in the afternoon I took her for her haircut...she cut 2 inches. It looks good & healthy. After that we went to Penneys to look for bras. Dd said she needed some. We both got some and she found the boots she wanted. They were $40. She also bought a dress and necklace. She used her money from the cupcake orders.

Yesterday we went to church. I did marketing before we left for the cemetery. Dd made red velvet cupcakes to take with us. They were really good. My sisters loved them. We went to dinner and caught up with each other. The services for my sister's friend are this Friday and Saturday.

Hyper - hope you had a good weekend. Looking forward to hearing about it. Have a good day.
Unread 11-12-2012, 11:24 AM

Hi ladies,

We had a good weekend. Friday dd had practice. DH picked her up. We relaxed and watched some t.v.

On Saturday we slept in. DD and lds went to our neighbor boy's birthday party. It was at a community center indoor pool. Bds went out with friends. While the kids were gone DH and I went out for lunch then went to starbucks for a latte. We got back home a little bit before the kids got home from the party. They had a really good time. We watched t.v. in the evening.

Sunday we went to church. DD's class sang. After church we came home and the kids played outside for awhile. I did my laundry. In the evening we all went out for dinner. We watched t.v. in the evening.

This morning after I dropped the kids at school I met my neighbor for breakfast. We have been meeting every other Monday. We had a nice time. I came home and did a little cleaning. I'm going to watch a show I have taped. Not sure what I'm making for supper yet. I'll have to decide.

Scrapper how nice to have an extra day off. We aren't off here. Your weekend sounds nice. How nice to catch up with your friend over coffee. It's good to do that. The red velvet cupcakes sound yummy!

Have a good day.
Unread 11-13-2012, 08:22 AM

Hi Ladies,

Sounds like you both had good weekends. I had a nice one as well. I went with DH to the end of season banquet for a racing club he belongs to on Saturday night. It was really nice. Sunday was just a catch up day of chores. I cooked lasagna on Sunday and chicken quesadillas and soup after work last night. It has gotten really cold here. Tonight I have to go to an insurance committee meeting after work. Then I plan to pick up some food and head home for a relaxing evening with YDD and LGD. Just dinner, baths, and some tv. I hope to head to bed early since I am feeling kind of sleepy today.

Oh this weekend my oldest daughter and her boyfriend got engaged. He is a nice young man but not sure they are quite ready for this. She has gotten better about her parenting but they both still have a lot to work on as far as financial independence and resposibility. They say they plan to marry next fall. We shall see how it all works out. I will hope for the best but not set my expectations too high.

Scrapper that was good news about your daughter's job. What type of surgery are you needing? I hope all is ok.

Hyster your breakfast out sounds like fun.

I hope you ladies have a great day!
Unread 11-13-2012, 09:41 AM

Good morning ladies,

It is cold this morning. It was 44 driving to work. I had a heavy sweater on and another one over my legs with the heater on. The mornings and nights have been cold. We've had to pull out our big blankets out. Dd even put flannel sheets on her bed. i still need to do that.

We had a good day off yesterday. I got my car serviced. Everything checked out fine. The only thing is that they said I need new tires. So we are going to look around for the best deal. I did cleaning and laundry. I baked 2 cinnamon swirl coffee cakes to bring to work and left some for home too. Dh grilled burgers for dinner. We relaxed and watched TV in the evening.

I am making steaks with baked potatoes and veggies. Headed to zumba and I need to get gas. Then it will be relaxing and watching The Voice.

Dd starts teaching her first class at Michaels in December. It is actually 2 classes to be done in the first 2 weeks of December. Wilton wants to close for 2 weeks for the holidays. She is really excited.

Hyper - yeah for sleeping in!! How fun for the kids to go to a pool party and swim indoors. I'm sure all the kids enjoyed that. Nice that you and dh got to enjoy lunch and Starbucks. Good idea that you and your neighbor set up a regular time to get together. My friend and I said the same thing. We need to get together more often.

Jan - glad you enjoyed your weekend. Sounds like the banquet was nice. Congrats to ODD...hopefully they can grow & become more independent and responsible in the next year. Do they both have jobs? My surgery is for my hand...I have trigger finger and they need to release the tendon. it has been postponed to January so I can get a 2nd opinion per my primary doctor.

Have a great day ladies.
Unread 11-13-2012, 10:20 AM

Hi Scrapper,

Yes they both have jobs. He works full time and ODD has one of those jobs where they keep her right under full time 35-38 hours so they don't have to pay her benefits! When she started she was told she would get benefits but then when her three month promotional was up they cited the slow economy as reason that they could not increase her hours. I think it's a bunch of hoohaa and that alot of these big chains get away with murder.

I know someone that had that surgery and it went very well for her. A second opinion is a great idea. Good luck with getting that appointment.
Unread 11-13-2012, 01:39 PM

Hi ladies,

DD had practice yesterday. We watched t.v. in the evening after the kid did their homework.

Today work was busy. The day went by pretty fast. DD has practice this evening. I'm making stuffed peppers for supper. We will probably watch t.v. in the evening. It's very cold her. In the 20's, but it's supposed to get back in to the 40's tomorrow.

Scrapper your extra day off sounds nice. I hope you find a good deal on tires. I had to get all new tires last year. oooh the cinnamon swirl coffee cakes sound delicious! How exciting for dd, it won't be long and December will be here.

Jan your weekend sounds nice. I'm glad you had a good time at the banquet. Congrats to odd. I hope it all works out.

Have a good day.
Unread 11-13-2012, 02:11 PM

Stuffed papers sound good. I have not made those for a long time. DH would enjoy them. One of these days... Cinnamon swirl cakes sound good too. I don't know that I have that recipe. I am getting ready to head off to my meeting. Stay warm and have a great evening!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register