Adenomyosis and Pain!! - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Adenomyosis and Pain!! Adenomyosis and Pain!!

Unread 04-24-2007, 02:51 PM
Adenomyosis and Pain!!

I know what you mean - if you actually think about all the "what ifs" with surgery you could scare yourself silly!!! I try not to think about that - but it is always in the back of my mind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2007, 07:11 AM
No Fears

For all of you scheduled for surgery, don't worry. I am day 13 post-op and everything went fine. I'm sure it will for you too. There are always "what ifs" in life but if you think about them, it can take all of the joy out of living. Just remember how good it will feel to not have the pain anymore, no more periods. I am so happy I could scream. Right now I would be dreading this weekend (period time) and I would be in A LOT of pain right now. As it is, I just have healing pain. No cramps, no ovulation. IT IS WONDERFUL!!!
Unread 04-25-2007, 08:14 AM
Adenomyosis and Pain!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC4ever
For all of you scheduled for surgery, don't worry. I am day 13 post-op and everything went fine. I'm sure it will for you too. There are always "what ifs" in life but if you think about them, it can take all of the joy out of living. Just remember how good it will feel to not have the pain anymore, no more periods. I am so happy I could scream. Right now I would be dreading this weekend (period time) and I would be in A LOT of pain right now. As it is, I just have healing pain. No cramps, no ovulation. IT IS WONDERFUL!!!
Thank You!! I know it helps me to hear that!! I'll keep telling myself I will be ok.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2007, 08:21 AM
Adenomyosis and Pain!!

ok I had Adenomyosis and endometriosis on nerve and muscle Was in pan everyday for the last year and a half and took 800 motrin daily until my sugery on April 9th if you can't move up your sugery date try the motrin.
and don't let it get ahead of you keep on it.. Your day willbe here before you know it.
Unread 04-25-2007, 09:56 AM
Adenomyosis and Pain!!

Hi. I'm new to the site. Endo and adeno were diagnosed 3 years ago, but I know I've had it longer than that. Tried BC pills, lupron, even changing my diet, quite drinking caffeine. All is worse. I was scheduled for a hyster last May, but backed out. Fear about having ovaries removed, and wanted to go through menopause naturally. But the pain and bleeding are beyond control. I'm scheduled for July 11 - the soonest available, and I don't honestly know how I am going to survive either. Lots of prayer, and down time!
Good Luck to everyone . .
Unread 04-25-2007, 10:45 AM
Thanks DC Forever

My friends who have had hysterectomies all say "I haven't missed that uterus one bit", which is encouraging. But we're also all in our mid to late 40's, I'm sure it's more difficult for younger women to process, and I feel for all of you. My childbearing years are long gone!

My periods have been the bane of my existence since I started at age 11. Imagine, 38 years of monthly pain. Not to mention cone biopsy's and "LEEPS".. I'm ecstatic it's finally ending. So, I'm actually one of the strange ones looking forward to my hysterectomy....I'm so tired of the constant pain, constant ache. I'm on Motrin almost daily, and during my periods, on Demerol. Nothing else even comes close to relieving the pain. My life revolves around my periods....I have to book travel plans around them (and hope the periods are on schedule or close to it) etc., can't go into work if I'm scheduled to work (I'm a shiftworker, which helps, I've only missed a few days in the past year thankfully). I can't wait to reclaim my life. I'm not having my surgery 'til August 28th, because of prior travel plans and commitments in June and August, my gyno worked around them (can't fly during recovery). So it's Motrin and Demerol 'til then. But I figure on August 29th, my life is my own again, and I can't wait!
Unread 04-25-2007, 10:50 AM
Adenomyosis and Pain!!

Thinking of not suffering this daily pain in my stomach and constant feeling like I'm gonna puke and the lower back pain keeps me looking at my surgery with some relief even thou I'm scared to death of being put under.
Unread 04-25-2007, 11:00 AM
And You're Right..

Doodlebee, my husband is off work right now with DVT, post surgery (he had knee surgery). So yes, that risk is real, but the important thing is to be aware of the signs of DVT, it doesn't have to be life threatening even if it happens....his is controlled with blood thinners and the clot is almost disipated. My gyno said he would be giving me a shot of something in advance, some blood thinner, to avoid this complication.
Unread 04-25-2007, 12:43 PM
Adenomyosis and Pain!!

I too have been through this. It is awful! Immediately after my hysterectomy, I felt better. Don't worry about the post-op. Mine went very well. I had a TVH and laproscopic procedure to look around first. My only complaint is being severely tired now. But, I AM PAIN FREE!! Good luck to you all!
Unread 04-25-2007, 12:59 PM
Adenomyosis and Pain!!

Hey sisters,
I had Adenomyosis and had surgery March 7, 2007. It was the best thing I could have ever done. My pains started about a yr ago and were getting worse every month. The pain just before I would get my period would wake me up in the middle of the night. Fortunately I have a very understanding GYN and she didn't see a need to prolong this. Ultra sound showed enlarged uterus, and large mass on right side of uterus, tried the Yaz, which only helped my bleeding but not the pain. I have been totally satisfied with my results and new freedom. Good luck to all.....Hugs!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register