Wow Ladies this place is depressing! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Wow Ladies this place is depressing! Wow Ladies this place is depressing!

Unread 05-20-2010, 05:01 PM
Wow Ladies this place is depressing!

INCLUDING myself, we're all whiny about this and that and everything, I want to cry just reading posts on here. And I am guilty of adding to the depression just for the record! So to "lighten" the mood, what are we doing to entertain ourselves or make ourselves feel better, c'mon chica's make me smile! make me laugh til it hurts (well not really but you get what I mean lol)

Me~ I have bought like 5 eyeshadow palettes that I obviously don't need lol, gotta love ebay! I also have watched season 1 of Six Feet Under with plans to watch the rest, I love Michael C Hall in Dexter, but OMG its so AKWARD to see him playing a gay dude!! AND a few days pre-op my 11 year old daughter informed me that she had "hair there" ummm hmmm... I haven't investigated this yet, but what timing!!

I've also discovered that you should DEFINATELY start with a very SMALL dose of Miralax if using it to keep things flowing post op, I need more than colace because of the extent of my rectocele repairs, but something non stimulant. Yeah... well a little obviously goes a long way!

My dh can't cook, he burned chicken noodle soup.. how?? idk lol but he did, he did do laundry WITHOUT me telling him to last weekend though so I could almost give him the nobel peace prize for that alone!

And lastly my cats now refuse to drink from the water bowl at all, its all toilet water for them since no one gave them water for a week until I did today, they like the potty water better i guess
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2010, 05:18 PM
Re: Wow Ladies this place is depressing!

The potty water is cold and freshened more often than the stuff in the water bowl!
Unread 05-20-2010, 05:31 PM

I SOOO appreciate that you posted this Crys. I am going to have to reach deep for humour in the headspace I'm in.....and I'm hoping it will lead to better later!

I have worn out every single daytime tv show that once held appeal for me...and found myself getting sucked in to "Say Yes To the Dress"!!! Anyone who knows me would say it's a sign that maybe surgery entailed more than just a hysterectomy...!

I finally phoned my cell phone provider and dealt with the horribly expensive cell phone account.... I saved $35/month by getting the stupidly complicated "packages" sorted out (they keep changing their packages, just to keep it confusing, I swear)!

Similarly I sorted out the sat tv packages and saved another $15/month

I have googled just about every little piece of trivia I could come up with

I talk to the pets way more than normal and they seem to love everything I say to it's a win-win

I am hoping that my pursuits can soon be less inclusive of the couch. Pretty sad but that's all I have for now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2010, 05:50 PM

Haha! I have been readin Stephanie Plum and fantasizing about Morelli and Ranger...sigh...

Oh and I have watched just about every gosh darn program on Bravo...those housewives make my life look like heaven on earth, with all of their drama!
I have even been watching America's Next Model...I reek of desperation. I have rented godawful movies. Oh and I watched a re run of Extreme Makeover and bawled until I had snot running out of my nose.

My kitty is new best friend, she doesn't know what to think that I am home all the time, I swear she looks at me like "leave already...I have friends coming over"

I am at the end of week 3 and will be going back to work part time from home on the first. I didn't think I would be ready, but I think I am (c=

Oh and I made disgusting 'Man Stew' for my boys and watched them all it eat it...ugggh...talk about flatulence city after that one!!
Unread 05-20-2010, 05:51 PM

Lol.... Note to self call cell provider and deal with $250 bill, call sat provider and deal with $140 bill. I've actually kept the phone away from myself as to avoid calling and telling off random people that I'm ticked at in my less glorious moments lol. I watched... ahem.... Jerseylicious and LIKED it... what's up with that lol! And now that I think about it 1 reason I hide the phone is Dr Oz has ticked me off more times than I can count this week!! I found myself looking on google for his producers number! And what have I NOT done, this weeks homework for my classes, go figure! Bored outta my mind when I have perfectly good legal work to do. Including 2 exams!
Anyone have tips on how in haitis to shave your legs when you can't lift your leg??? Its all fine til I get back to bed and realize how bad they "need" it.. dh suggested bringing in the lawn chair and sticking it in the shower for me to sit on... hmmmm
Unread 05-20-2010, 05:55 PM

There is a GREAT thread in one of the other corners of this site titled, "You know you've had a hysterectomy when..." It's full of pages and pages of good laughs. I recommend it!
Unread 05-20-2010, 06:05 PM

The **** van Dyke show never gets old for me. And I have watched every Jane Austen movie I own - including Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy, of course.
Unread 05-20-2010, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaftig View Post
Haha! I have been readin Stephanie Plum and fantasizing about Morelli and Ranger...sigh...
Babe! God don't you just love Ranger??? Love the Stephanie Plum!

I'm very annoyed that I pay this much for satellite TV and have this many stations and there's nothing to watch!!

I've been playing a lot of computer games.

I've learned to throw balls for the cat with my grabber. She gives me that same look like she wishes I would leave so she could party with her friends.

I walked around the block and noticed how many of my neighbors drink a lot, but still recycle!

My uncle is mailing me the first two seasons of Quincy - woohoo!

I'm contemplating taking up cooking and I hate to cook!!

Glad to know everyone else is as bored as I am!
Unread 05-20-2010, 06:39 PM

i wish i had any stephanie plum book to read but i have read them all LOL Ranger fills my dreams!
I watched an all day marathon of new york housewives and didnt get to sleep until after midnight, i refuse to even peek at the new jersey one. hehehe
On facebook i even sign into my daughters account so i can play her games to get her more levels and cash. She is loving my boredom !
OH! I also watched a marathon of "the Locator" and saw a guy i graduated with! I bawled because he was crying,then i had to find him on facebook to tell him i saw him .Whats funny is we never even talked in school now we message back and forth like old friends
I had to go get my prempro refill today and was talking to some lady about hotflashes and nightsweats,the guy next to us looked real uncomfortable
i found out miralax is fine but milk of mag is NOT the same thing and i should never take the max amount again LOL

keep laughing sisters,we will get through this!
Unread 05-20-2010, 06:45 PM

and one more thing LOL

It was such a nice day today so i went out to sit on the deck to read.When i got up to go into the house i thought i had pee'd myself bigtime! I couldnt imagine how i didnt notice that i was going,my whole butt was soaked! I am not having bladder problems but have read about them on here so i thought that is what happened.
well then i started thinking that it has been pouring rain for days now and of course the cushions would be wet LOL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register