Any Mid July sisters out there? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any Mid July sisters out there? Any Mid July sisters out there?

Unread 06-13-2005, 10:23 AM
Any Mid July sisters out there?

I am having my surgery on 7/13. Was just wondering if there are any mid july sisters out there. I know that I have 4 weeks left, but I am so nervous that I have been sick to my stomach. I don't know if this is normal, but I can't help it. My DH keeps asking if I need to get on my "Hyster" site. LOL. I guess I calm down after I have done some reading on here. He actually has been encouraging me to get on this site. When I had my lymph nodes removed in September, he kept telling me to stay offline, because I was doing "Too Much Research". I was a REAL mess before that procedure. Anyways, hope that there are others out there w/ dates close to mine. :hair:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2005, 11:12 AM

Hi, I am am having my surgry on July 11th, I just found out last week and I am so nervous. I am having the surgry done vaginaly which the doctor said is less recovery time. but I am Scared.
What are you doing to prepare?
aar
Unread 06-13-2005, 12:44 PM
July 7th is my day

Hello dlw,

I am scheduled for July 7th for a TVH or TAH. Good luck to you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2005, 12:55 PM

Aar...I haven't really done anything to prepare yet. Mostly just been laying around in pain. That and trying to make a list of questions for my preop visit. I am soooo nervous that I will have to have a bowel prep. I had what they call a hi enema when I was in labor w/ DD and barely made it to BR. Hate the idea of having to go through anything nearly like that again.

I really need to start getting things together and getting my shopping done, but taking 4 kids to Walmart is not fun at all. I dread doing any kind of shopping if they have to go with me.

I have been taking a yoga class at my church. Does that count as something being done to prep for castle visit?

Have you done anything yet to get ready for visit? Hope you have done more then I have. I am the worlds worst procrastinator. Just ask my DH.
Unread 06-13-2005, 01:15 PM

I'm scheduled for a LSH on July 5. I've been too busy traveling for work to really worry about this yet. But I've just realized that the date is coming up fast and I'm starting to get a little anxious about it.

Patti
Unread 06-13-2005, 01:36 PM
I'm July 11th too!

I'm having a vaginal hysterectomy for third-degree prolapse on July 11. Also, having repair for third-degree bladder prolapse. I'm nervous because I've never had any kind of surgery in my life! I'm trying to prepare though by staying positive, eating well and resting - as much as my life as a single parent and full-time employee will allow!
Unread 06-13-2005, 01:50 PM
16 days to surgery 7/5

I feel you on being scared I'm very scared myself, I'm having a hyster done on 7/5 and I grow nervous by the second but I know at least I heard that after the surgery I'll feel much better. I pray alot to help me work through my fears because I know GOD haven't given me the sprit of fear. So with all that said I'll add you to my pray list and have faith that we'll all make it through.
Unread 06-13-2005, 02:06 PM
HYST in July

I am due to have my surgery during the first 2 weeks in July. As soon as I get the results back from the uerodynamics test we will set the exact day. I am a nervous wreck. I have a bladder, bowel and ueterine prolapse. I also have to have reconstructive surgery on my vaginal canal. I go from being relieved and feeling like this is a positive thing to being scared of the outcome. I worry that something will go wrong and I will no longer enjoy sex. I worry about bladder and bowel problems. Is their an area that I can post to where I can get any advice on the reconstruction part of the surgery?
thanks vickie
Unread 06-13-2005, 03:32 PM

dlw0420- My day for the castle is on july 12, & yes I am scared, & yes you are normal, from the readingI've done on this site, pretty much everyone is scared, the waiting is the hardest part, that & not knowing what will happen before & after. Read through everything you can on this site, It has kept me sane, most of the time. I still panic once in awhile, & run around the house flapping & clucking like a chicken! HA HA
Just do the best you can, no one can ask anymore of you! You are not alone!

Bonny
TAH due to large fast growing fibroid, keeping ovaries.
Unread 06-13-2005, 06:49 PM

Bonny, my surgery is scheduled for the same day as yours, July 12. I was hoping to get it sooner, but there will be a urologist involved too and it looks like that's the earliest date that will work for both surgeons. My surgery is because of repeated severe dysplasia.

I'm not really scared right now. My faith gives me a lot of comfort and strength, and I really believe everything will work out fine.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register