My laptop is going to the Castle! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My laptop is going to the Castle! My laptop is going to the Castle!

Unread 04-13-2007, 09:45 PM
My laptop is going to the Castle!

Just thought I would throw this out there as I haven't read much on here about it...but I have found out that my hospital offers wireless service "free", so I will be bringing it on my trip. I figure even if I don't feel up to getting on here while I am there it will give my husband something to do while I am there knocked out on the first day!! But my goal is to get online and service my hystersister addcition at least once whilst I am in the castle!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2007, 10:01 PM

Haha, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one worried about being without my laptop for a few days. I would so much rather be on my laptop than watching TV when I'm out of it. I can read gossip sites for hours!

Can you share how you found out that your hospital had wifi? I can't figure out if mine does or not. I'm thinking about just driving down to my hospital and seeing if I can connect from outside the building. Their website seems to be silent on the subject.

I'm worried about DH being bored as well. I do know that there is a nearby park with free wifi, so I suppose he can always go out there for an hour or two (I will probably be none the wiser).
Unread 04-13-2007, 10:13 PM

Well...I went to the hospital and asked to see the rooms as I needed a visual of the place where I would be healing...they thought I was very weird...but I felt better the next day and since...so woo hoo! Any-ga-who while I was there it was one of the questions that I asked the ever so baffled nurses. She said she didn't know much about it but that they had just started it...and she lead me to a brochure they had posted on a wall that no one would ever casually see! I bet if you just called the hospital operator and asked they could either tell you or connect you to the right place!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2007, 10:33 PM

Oh yeah - you were the one who the nurses thought was a loon!! I really got a kick out of your story.

I was seriously thinking about going by my hospital and getting a tour until I read your earlier post, now, no way! But I will call the hospital operator beforehand and get the details on wireless if they have it. I can imagine it being something that hospital staff don't want to deal with if they don't have to - they have enough to do without being IT for patients as well.
Unread 04-13-2007, 10:53 PM

LOL...actually now that the event is over, I am super glad I went since that part of my stress has completely evaporated!! I got a post from another of our sisters who is going to go check out her hospital too! LOL however, I completely understand why my story could change your mind! On the other hand if you think it would help settle your nerves, go into it knowing that the nurses maybe completely caught off guard and being prepaired for that it should make the trip a breeze!
Unread 04-14-2007, 05:18 AM

Halfie,
My roomie in the hospital brought her laptop and used it for work and e-mailing . I thought it was great. I had never even thought about bringing mine, but then I didn't know that I could.

Good luck with your upcoming surgery
Unread 04-14-2007, 06:08 AM

I also brought my laptop with me, didn't know if my floor would have wifi or not, but as they were wheeling me into my room I saw router on the ceiling!! woohoo! hahaha. Had my hubby bring it to me and my roommate and I stayed up all night shopping! hahaha! (neither of us could sleep so we kept sharing sites and getting each others opinion!) It was fun!
Unread 04-14-2007, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersgal
Halfie,
My roomie in the hospital brought her laptop and used it for work and e-mailing . I thought it was great. I had never even thought about bringing mine, but then I didn't know that I could.

Good luck with your upcoming surgery
Yeah, I wondered how many people would even think about it...so I thought I ought to post it! I love my family, I love my pets but I also love my laptop!! I am so encouraged by hearing both flyer & grovers experiences...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grovegrrl
I also brought my laptop with me, didn't know if my floor would have wifi or not, but as they were wheeling me into my room I saw router on the ceiling!! woohoo! hahaha. Had my hubby bring it to me and my roommate and I stayed up all night shopping! hahaha! (neither of us could sleep so we kept sharing sites and getting each others opinion!) It was fun!
I hope that I will feel up to getting online and playing around...that is one way to enjoy alone time in the castle! LOL
Unread 04-14-2007, 09:50 AM

I brought mine, but the castle didnt have wifi, thank goodness I still have a very old aol account that allows me 10 hrs of dial up service free. So I just connected mine to the phone line and away i went. I only used it once in the two days but the teens enjoyed having it there while Dad visited me.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register