What's going on with me.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What's going on with me.... What's going on with me....

Unread 11-05-2007, 03:04 PM
What's going on with me....

Hi There:

I am scheduled to go for a hysterectomy in May 2008. I am 48 and experiencing heavy blleeding during my mens cycle and pain most the month like cramps. I have a small fibroid in the wall of my uterus. I have experienced pain where I cannot move. Recently things have gotten worse. My stomach is bloated most the time. I do not have gas cramps but nausea. i have burning back pains sometimes where I cannot walk. My ovaries hurt at times.
I have been to the emergency at the hospital and they tested all my major organs, blood and urine. These all are fine but I am not fine. I am in pain most the day to some extent and I cannot wear tight clothes. I am under the care of my GP but I cannot get in to see my GYN. Any ideas of what is wrong?

I am worried......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2007, 03:32 PM

You need to see your GYN. You need to call the office and be very insistent that you are in PAIN and you need to see the Doc or you need a referral to someone that can see you in a reasonable period of time. You need to be an advocate for yourself. No one will fight as hard for you as you yourself will and since your level of insistence is usually in direct proportion to your level of need, it should help move you forward in the appointment mix.
Unread 11-05-2007, 03:37 PM

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that you are going through all of that.

You need to see a gyn. A lot of these "pelvic" conditions cannot be diagnosed with xray or even ultrasound. Many need laparscopic surgery to diagnose.

Make an appt with your gyn....maybe you can get your hyst done sooner........??

Take care of yourself.........

Christine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2007, 03:45 PM

I must agree with my sisters, You need to get in to see your doctor as soon as you can! This is your body and you only get one of those. If you are put off again, then you need to let them know that you will get a second and possible third opinion. To have to wait that long seems a bit much! Go get em!!!!

Bobbie In Idaho
Unread 11-05-2007, 04:49 PM

My goal here is not to terrify you but to strongly urge you to see a gyn as soon as possible and don't let them brush your complaints off, perhaps attributing what you're experiencing to menopause. Insist they take you seriously and ask if they will run a CA125 test.

All of your symptoms could be because of the fibroid you mention - it may have grown - or any number of other things. However, what you describe are also symptoms of ovarian cancer.

Early ovarian cancer may not cause obvious symptoms. But, as the cancer grows, symptoms may include:

Pressure or pain in the abdomen, pelvis, back, or legs

A swollen or bloated abdomen

Nausea, indigestion, gas, constipation, or diarrhea

Feeling very tired all the time

Less common symptoms include:

Shortness of breath

Feeling the need to urinate often

Unusual vaginal bleeding (heavy periods, or bleeding after menopause)

Most often these symptoms are not due to cancer, but only a doctor can tell for sure. Any woman with these symptoms should tell her doctor.

Please insist on seeing a gyn - and let us know how you're doing. s
Unread 11-06-2007, 04:22 AM
Thanks!

I have considered that it could be something serious. My GP is wonderful. She has at least helped me eliminate many other things. I am going to walk into the GYNs office and speak face to face with the person making my gyn's appts. Thanks for all the support and advice!!! I wish you all the best.
Unread 11-06-2007, 04:46 AM

I have very similar issues as you, the fibroid in the uterine wall, the all day every day cramping. Then I started having this nasty discharge, this scared me, since this started happening after we scheduled the TVH, then was called with an abnormal pap, never had one abnormal..but, I did call the DR and they told me all of my symptoms was from the fibroid. I am not one to harp to the DR but in your case since it is hard to get in to se Dr I would insist on pushing the surgery up and getting in to see the DR.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register