Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007 - Page 40 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007

Unread 12-02-2007, 08:08 PM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007

well goosey...thank you so much for replying to me so fast...the doc does have me on xanax for panic attacks...lately I have been taking them more than usual...I used to be on paxil for depression but doc felt I didn't need them anymore...so I have been off of them for about 4 months.He felt alot of my problems stemmed from me being so ill for so long.I have great days then all of a sudden I get the crying jags and the heart palps...then it turns into I'm having a heart attack...which I have had a stress test for...and my heart is pumping just fine...its in my head.And if you have had panic attacks you know exactly what I mean.And I am happy that you got to keep your ovaries.Mine were covered by endo so I had no choice but to have them removed.I am going to give it until after the holidays and if I'm still having these crying bouts I'm either going to go on something or get some therapy.It can't hurt.I have no surgery pains but still tire quite easily..depression or hormones???In time I will find out.We just need to give ourselves some more time I guess.And I do get headaches more often now too.Our bodies????How much can they take!!!!!We will make it thru.I have a wonderful fiancee who has been my rock.Thank GOD for him and you guys.This helps me vent and see how many other woman are going thru the same feelings.I am also happy for you that your thyroid wasn't cancerous.You have been thru alot of ordeals yourself.I am glad I met a nice kind person like you on here.If you would ever like to chat let me know and we can exchange email addresses.BTW if you don't mind me asking....what is your age?I am 37 and feel like I am just too young to be going thru all of this.Some days I feel cheated.Well I'm going to spend some time with the honey before bed.Hope to hear from you soon.Thanks from the bottom of my heart.Anita
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2007, 09:57 AM

Hi Backontrack,
i pulled a couple of quotes from your last post to respond to. here goes...

panic attacks: "its in my head"
Panic attacks are not in your head. from all i have read and discussed with doctors and therapists it is a chemical imbalance, seratonin, that occurs in your brain. seratonin imbalance also can create depression. so these things are not always caused by situations outside of your control. if that is the case for you, meds do help. A LOT!

"alot of my problems stemmed from me being so ill for so long"
that is very real. i feel like i have also been ill for so long, and my husband feels that way, too. i feel sorry for him in that regard. he is always taking care of me!

"a wonderful fiancee"
bless his heart, you are very lucky to have him.

"exchange email addresses"
sure. or we can do private message through here, or we can chat on AIM if you use it.

"age"
i am 49. i was supposed to take care of this last year but the thyroid thing came up and that had to be taken care of since there was a risk of cancer. i have suffered for so many years with female troubles i can't even remember when it started! it seems like forever, though.

"Some days I feel cheated"
i'm sorry you have those feelings. i think it's completely normal but may also be adding to your crying jags. i think part of my crying has been about the loss. all our lives we've had these female parts and all the comes with it, good or bad, and suddenly they are gone. the point is, once we are healed we will feel healthier and happier. after all, that's why we needed to do this. the quality of our lives were being compromised.

try to focus on your future. you have a lot to look forward to with your new home and your man and all that comes with those changes. i have been meditating and visualizing on positive and healing energy to help me get through this. i have to say, it does really help. even 5 minutes makes a difference.

i hope you have a great day, today.
{{{HUGS}}}
~goosey
Unread 12-03-2007, 04:03 PM

punkin-
So glad to hear you are doing well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2007, 04:56 PM

Goosey...I just read your reply and it made me smile.Thanks for that.I am having a good day today.I still have to take those darn naps.But being that we just moved into the new house I'm not quite used to it yet so I don't sleep all that well here yet.So if I need a nap I sure do take one.And yes if I still feel this way after the holidays and the move has settled down I will take some kind of antidepressant.I just feel overwhelmed some days.And other days I feel great.Just am taking it one day at a time.And yes we both have been sick along time.It does feel like forever but we are on the mend now.I have aol and my screen name is herhiney35.So when you get some time IM me and we can chat.I do have to say I feel alot better than I did 3 months ago.So that is a blessing.And yes I was blessed with a great guy in my life.I was released for sex 2 weeks ago and still am afraid to try it.I mean I want to and all but I'm just scared to ruin the surgery.I know my doc says I won't but I certainkly don't want to go thru anything like this again.It was a rough road and I'm glad it is getting a bit easier.And you and your hubby have been thru alot so take sometime for yourselves and just be glad we are getting better soon.Thanks for all your kind words and advise.Keep in touch
Unread 12-04-2007, 06:24 AM

I've been back to work part-time for a week now. It's so tiring I can't imagine full -time; but I'll be there next week. I'm still not sleeping well but have just purchased Melatonon w/Theanine and will give that a try for awhile. I'm also going to get some Ovaltine and see if that helps.
I'm having blood work done this morning to check my thyroid levels to see if that medication needs to be adjusted. Also having iron level checked since I was anemic from the blood loss w/adeno. All in all, I AM feeling better than before, just not quite there yet. Incision is great and not too much pulling. Swelly belly is still present, but not as prominent this week.
Haven't done as much for Christmas; less decorating but my shopping was mostly done before surgery. Don't know about baking, I sure don't need the calories! Hopefully, I'll feel more like it in the next couple of weeks. Our company party is this Saturday so I hope it'll help me get into the holiday mood.
JudithL
TAH/BSO w/adeno,endo,cysts and fibroids
Just 51
Unread 12-04-2007, 06:31 AM

I have had a few good days and a few days where no matter what I did I was just tired. I ran errands with my family all wekkend so when Monday came I just rested. I return to work on Thursday. My co-workers say the miss me and my kids keep sending me letters telling me they miss me. I guess I'm ready. We are getting work done on our yard and trying to set up for Christmas. My birthday is on the 10th so instead of a "Birthday Party"...I decided to have a "No More Period Party". My DD thinks me and my friends and family are weird. She's almost 11 and hasn't started and after seeing all I've gone through she doesan't want to start either. I too have been cleared for sex but haven't done it yet. My hotflashes and night sweats are fading away. My bladder is still having problems but all in all it is doing better.

I'm glad that you women were with me on my journey to recovery!

Unread 12-04-2007, 06:43 PM

anirehs

So glad you are doing better!: I am an ex-teacher, so I know what you mean about your class missing you. (I was out alot on bed rest during a pregnancy). You are a brave girl, going back right before Christmas!

I've actually had two pain-free days! Woohoo!
Unread 12-06-2007, 03:33 PM
Back to work

Well today was the day that I had to return to work. I only worked 5 hours but I was tired when I left. One of my co-workers made me a special lunch. Everyone was very helpful and nice. I came home a slept for a couple of hours. It was nice to be back but I'm glad it's only parttime.

TAH-due to Adno:kept ovaries
Unread 12-06-2007, 07:13 PM
Back to work and sore back!!

Hi gals...I've been back to work since Monday..and boy do I have a sore back..It really has shown me that I wasn't as "recovered" as I thought I was. My tummy has been really swollen too. Today I did six hours and am supposed to be doing a full day tomorrow and full days all next week, but i think I will stick to 6 hours. I was really tired the first few days, but my stamina seems to be coming back...it's just that my back is really, really sore. I guess my abs/back are pretty weak (even though I didn't have an abdominal incision) and they really haven't been challenged until now (even though I'm on modified duties). I guess all the walking I did in Walmart and around the block just didn't duplicate all the actions I would be doing in my job. I hope I gradually improve, because right now I'm having more pain then I have had in the past 8 weeks! I'm trying to keep moving though because from what I know about back pain, the more you lay around the tighter you become. Hope everyone is doing okay.
Unread 12-06-2007, 07:26 PM

it's great to hear everybody starting to get back to a little normalcy. the past couple of days i have felt pretty normal, too. i've been walking WITH the dogs, and for longer distances. also going on the treadmill. i work at home and have started back at doing some of that work. i have been running errands around town, too. i get a little tired, a little sore sometimes, and still get a swelly belly, although i think it's going down a little bit. hooray! i'm cleared for sex but still too scared. poor hubby. he is being soooo patient. happy hysterhanukah! ~goosey

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register