Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 22-Jul 28,2013 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 22-Jul 28,2013 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 22-Jul 28,2013

Unread 07-22-2013, 04:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 22-Jul 28,2013

If your hysterectomy was between Jul 22-Jul 28,2013 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns instead of including the question in your update! There is information on how to start a new thread in this link: New Here? or you can use this link: Post a New Topic in the Post-Op forum.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

We hope you are recovering well with plenty of rest and water and a bit of walking. Don't forget to pamper the princess!

How to use the Recovery Progress Reports thread:

• 1. This thread is for the purpose of sharing updates on your recovery as you heal from your hysterectomy.

• 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress and to share encouragement with your surgery week Sisters.

• 3. Remember to start a new thread on the Post-Op message board to ask your questions.

• 4. The Progress Report threads now begin in our special forum for all Hysterectomy Recovery Reports and will remain there for you to always find your discussion.

• 5. Remember all the love and support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in the Pre-Op Hysterectomy Support forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of women helping women!

• 6. You can also share support and experiences with post-op members in all phases of recovery in the Post-Op Hysterectomy Support forum by replying on the new threads they create.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-22-2013, 05:44 AM
Smile - Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 22-Jul 28,2013 Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 22-Jul 28,2013

WELCOME TO YOUR RECOVERY THREAD BRAVE NEW PRINCESSES...

A warm welcome to you sisters who have finally made it to the "other side". Your new journey is just beginning and I hope the support you find here will help you navigate the road ahead a bit easier.

My name is Marcia and I, along with a very experienced Hostess Molly50, will have the privilege of helping you on your way to emotional, physical and mental healing...which honestly can prove a bit challenging at times. This thread is here for you so that you may share and continue to update your own recovery with others and know that you are not alone.

In January I went for what I believed would be a "routine" well woman exam, and ended up having a radial hysterectomy one month later. I was full of doubts and fears, so my own Recovery Thread really pulled me through a lot of hard times as well as elated me when others had good news to share. There are days when the posts will actually be joyful, when someone else shares a positive experience or shares a great tip for gas pains LOL.

I cannot emphasize enough how the healing and recovery process is different for everyone. While there are Progress Checkpoints, they must only be used as a guide. Initial recovery is between 2 to 8 weeks, but full recovery may take up to one year. I am an "official card carrying slow healer", so I have learned to be patient and listen to my own body. Our healing must be taken seriously and cannot be rushed, so please start off by being kind to yourselves and please accept help from your family and friends and co-workers! Retire your superwoman cape temporarily to allow yourself to focus on just YOU- a unique concept for many here who are so used to be independent and helping others.

There may significant things that you may feel both emotionally and physically...running the gamut from gas pains and bloating, to emotional distress and panic. This site was a lifesaver for me, so hopefully you will also come here for answers to questions as well as much needed emotional support.

Your thread is what you sisters make it as you are the sole authors for this journey unfolding. You can feel comfortable knowing no one is here to judge you and you can feel free to just vent in a safe environment.

Try not to worry about what is "Normal". You and your sisters on this thread will be going through these milestones together, so you are not alone.

Also the Post Op Forum is a great place to post questions that you might have to sisters that are further along in their recovery, who may have different perspectives and experiences to share.

Please NOW is the time to begin your healing. Rest, rest, rest and drink and eat healthy food. The Articles on this site on food and diet tips are amazing and really helped me. Just as our recoveries are different, so are are appetites and level of pain. So please try not to worry if you are experiencing something new.

Again, Molly50 and I hope to assist you in your journey and assure that you are not alone.

"Life is NOT about waiting for the storm to pass, it is learning to DANCE in the rain". Vivian Greene

I can't wait to hear from you. Welcome to Recovery!!!
Unread 07-22-2013, 11:41 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 22-Jul 28,2013

Hello

Welcome to your recovery thread. My name is Molly50 and I will be your hostess on this thread along with MarciaMae as your Sunshine Sister. This thread is for you to post your recovery progress and support other sisters who had their surgery in the same week as you.

You will have questions about gas, BM's , and do's and don'ts during recovery until your doctor releases you.

You may experience hormonal issues , feel tired or have aches and pains as well as bladder issues. Remember that it is okay to ask questions and we will often encourage you to call your

MarciaMae and I will be here to cheer you on as well as help guide you to other resources here at HysterSisters.

If you have specific questions or problems during recovery that you need help with, remember to post your question on the Recovery forum to get feedback from other sisters who are further along in their recovery.

I look foward to journeying with you and remember to PAMPER THE PRINCESS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2013, 07:55 PM

Hi...surgery was yesterday. Laproscopic Supracervical. They kept me all night and I'm glad as I had a hard time sleeping. Nurse finally gave me addl meds in my IV and I went to sleep.

Got homeabout 11am. Swollen especially on l left side. Drinking lots of water and juice.ate some dinner.

They told me its important to take a stool softener because the Percoset can bring on constipation.

Nurse also put an estrogen patch on me immediately after surgery.

I've been a bit gassy today but not too bad.

More later...off to sleep!
Unread 07-24-2013, 09:09 AM

Hi all, I had a TAH on Monday and all I well. I am in the UK and have had a really positive hysterectomy experience despite having an incredibly difficult an anxious time beforehand. I have been relatively pain free since waking up from my op. yesterday afternoon wa the worst time as I had an awful nurse come intoy room whilst I was trying to get off to sleep and forcibly remove my PCA from my arm telling me that I was not havin any more pain meds until later that evening. I was extrely distressed and kept trying to tell her that I had seen the RMO who had prescribed further pain meds for me as I was suffering with right sided ovary pain a the surgeon had also removed a fibroma and a cyst had ruptured. She refused to listen to me and pinned my arm down on the bed, pulled everything out and left me we blood all over my gown and sheets! Apart from this one individual, who in my opinion should not be allowed to practice as a nurse, the care I have received has been great. I got prescribed something to help me sleep last night and today I've had all tubes removed, I've had a shower and I've even got dressed and sat in the hospital garden and had a drink. I just want to say that the operation and the pain afterwards has been nowhere near as bad as I thought it was going to be. I had a C section 12 years ago and Mu hysterectomy pain has been much less than my C section pain. I am much more mobile than I was lost C section. I think you just have to take all the pain meds you are offered. I was offered a spinal anaesthetic as well as a GA and they also put a do amorphous injection into my spine at te same time - I think this is what has enabled me to have such a positive experience. Today is day 3 an my catheter and drain came out this morning and my bladder is working and I am weeing. I'm passing wind but haven't pooed yet. I have started taking lactulose so hope this happens by tomorrow. The pain I have now is like a heavy band from my lowere back all the way round - just like heavy period pain. To everyone who is currently weighing up their options I can honestly say that my experience has been a lot more positive than I thought it would be based on everything I had read from other people beforehand. I plan to take it really easy for the next 4 weeks and then gradually do a bit more after that. I'm sure I'll have a few bad days too, but right now, the fact that I'll never have another heavy, painful, erratic, gushing, flooding, episode again an no more clots the size of lemons exploding out from between my legs just puts a smile on my face.
Unread 07-24-2013, 09:11 AM

Sorry about all the typos!
Unread 07-24-2013, 09:44 AM

Out of surgery ! Hurting but ok!
Unread 07-24-2013, 11:12 AM

Total hysterectomy yesterday via Da Vinci around noon...I'm fortunate to have a GYN who does them often. My care from admission to discharge could not have been better...even the hospital food was good. Pain was so well managed my doctor could not believe I was standing to eat breakfast this morning (I needed to stretch) so he discharged me several hours early. I'm so relieved to be fibroid free and even with the swelling, my giant uterus poof is gone. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.
Unread 07-24-2013, 11:16 AM

to the other side, ladies. I am sorry for any pain you are having but so happy to see you checking in! Remember to rest, drink fluids and follow your post op instructions. Here is the link to the Hysterectomy Checkpoints Week 1/2
Unread 07-24-2013, 01:12 PM

I had surgery Monday and also stayed overnight.
I am in a small amount of pain that is coming from one incision. It is the one just left of my belly button.
No one told me about constipation or prescribed anything for it so I had to order something from Amazon since I am on my own and can't drive.
I keep having episodes where one minute I am fine, and the next minute I am covered in sweat. I still have both of my ovaries so I don't understand why this is happening.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register