Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 - Page 24 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

Unread 11-05-2007, 09:55 AM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

I'm home alone with my 20 month old twins, and have been since day 6. I've been driving since day 6. I had a tah, leaving my ovaries... but cleaning out the endo, and adhesions. I'm still having a lot of pain upon urinating, and bm's. My dr said it's all bruising that I suffered cleanin the endometriosis up. I did however have a seroma pop up, and have had to pack my own wound now for 2 weeks, and dr said I'm doing great. Had a minor infection in the beginning, but have finished antibiotics and all looks great. I'm just tired of literally crying thru a bathroom break. Am I the only one going thru that???? Oh and this whole 6 week pelvic rest thing, is for the birds. I miss it.

teri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2007, 10:09 AM
oh my god!

Teri
I cant believe you are on your own with babies and driving so soon after. Isn't there anyone nearby that can help you? aren't you afraid that you will burst your internal stitches? I am worried for you
Liz
Unread 11-05-2007, 10:24 AM

Oh boy I feel so sorry for you.I am 3 weeks and 3 days out and stil afraid to drive.I don't have twins either though.And I have to agree with Liz..isn't there anyone that can help you?Can you get someone from an agency to come in with you so you can rest?My kids are both 12...nope not twins...feels like it sometimes though...and thank GOD they have been wonderful.I don't know how you are doing it as for me...even at this point am tired as heck and can't do much.I do realize that it is a have to with you...cuz of the little ones....but your body really needs to heal.My head wants to do lots but my body won't go with it.I sleep alot.I think because you haven't been able to just rest...that's why you are having so many problems.My heart goes out to you.And please try to rest when you can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2007, 10:31 AM

Teri,

Be careful.....there are reasons we need to slow down post op.
Any friends or family that can give you time to rest. There must be some sort of respite that offers you free help. Did you contact your health insurance. Home attendent perhaps.
Just worrying about a fellow sister.
Unread 11-05-2007, 10:44 AM

Thanks....I read a response that it is referred to as 'rust colored' stuff that passing through...I've read many testimonies of discharges of various colors, including the red spotting. I think the bright red is a signal to consult with your DR, or at least the nurse on call. I'll be Praying for you....Much Love!!
  Quote:
Originally Posted by paininthe
Free4ever, not sure about the orange discharge. I know I peed orange for several days post op, because of the dye they used to look inside my bladder. I have heard of a yellowish discharge that some women get post op........

I posted a new thread on this but wanted to post it here as well. I am close to two weeks post op. I had NO bleeding, discharge or anything since day one. Nothing. Tonight I started bleeding, bright red. More than spotting, but not what I would call "heavy" either. I did have some odd pulling/stretching type feeling pains earlier, and may have overdone it with too much walking Friday, but have been off my feet all day today. Not sure if I should be concerned or not??? Anyone know?? I'm planning on monitoring it til morning and see what happens. I will definitely call if it gets heavier. It's kind of scary and I'm curious as to why this would start NOW?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks ladies!!

Christine
Unread 11-05-2007, 11:00 AM
Tender incision

Hi there....I'm experiencing the same thing. Today I'm 18 days postop and it is very, very sensitive. My staples were removed @8 days postop, steri-strips were put in place. While the staples were in, it burned and tingled alot. Once they were removed, they began to itch like crazy in spots, but unbearable to touch. I keep a washcloth in place over the area, as a layer in between my undies. At my DR visit last Friday, she said it looked great...but it doesn't feel the way it look!. She said the soreness gets better with time; each women's body is different. I also had to lay nude for several days, without anything touching it to get relief. Try placing a towel in the dryer and allowing it to get very warm...then place it on your tummy...maybe that will help.....I'll be Praying for you to get some relief...As always...Much Love
  Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves
TAH a little over 2 weeks ago. I had dissolvable stitches with sterie strips. During my 2w post op office visit the DR said it was ok to remove the sterie strips, which I did. The incision is closed and looks great but it is very tender and my clothing rubbing against it feels like a sunburn. Any suggestions? I've tried covering it but the covering feels like it rubs against it too. It is very irritating and hurts all the time!
Does anyone else love gaining an hour?
Unread 11-05-2007, 11:06 AM

Sorry to hear about that...hope you're feeling better....make sure you get pleanty of rest...I'm been pushing myself to move around; the more I do, the more painful it is. Today is 18 days postop, and each day seem to bring a different 'twinging' sensation with movement. Hugs and well wishes to you!!
Unread 11-05-2007, 11:13 AM
2nd surgery

Well wishes to all my sisters.....today I'm 18 days postop and was told grade 1 cancer was found in my uterous....so they need to go back in and take out ovaries...of course, I'm full of fear now! I will have upcoming imaging to ensure I'm clear; was told surgery can be within the next year. Has anyone out there experienced this? I will feel a lot better once I've had my visit with the Oncologist. It's unimaginable thinking of future pain, while experiencing the present. Any feedback would be appreciated.....Sunny, pleasant, pain-free day to all!!!
Unread 11-05-2007, 11:19 AM

AgyAgy12: Thanks for your well wishes...surgery went well. Today I'm 18 days postop and I have weird sensations too. They come sporadically; sometimes sharp, twingeds up my vagina...or a sharp pain in the left or right side of stomach area. They pop up in a variety of places. It seems that this is all in the process of inside healing. It seems like sometimes I may move abruptly and shortly after, I get a weird sensation. So....hope you feel better soon and have a great 'healing' day!! Much Love!!
Unread 11-05-2007, 11:25 AM

Hi Stirstick: I had the ' rust' colored discharge too....it seems they come in a variety of colors. Yes, indeed...always call the nurse on call or the DR and make them aware. My rule of thumb is anything that looks peculiar, I call and ask. Additionally, this website has answered so many of my questions....I'm going to recommend it to the OB/GYN department at my hospital, to see if they can implement into other patient's homegoing instructions for support. The sisters on this site are awesome; I'm so overwhelmed with enthusiasm each time I log on. Even though we've never met, I feel close to everyone I correspond with. Blessings and a Happy Recovery Day to You!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register