So angry, frustrated with GYN | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

So angry, frustrated with GYN So angry, frustrated with GYN

Unread 07-23-2008, 08:10 AM
So angry, frustrated with GYN

I had an endometrial biopsy yesterday. I keep telling her that I have painful sex, horrid periods, back pain all month that gets worse with menses, the wirks. She refuses to even consider endo as a source of my troubles. Also I have a tipped uterus which is causing back pain also. I just could scream * now where is my insurance provider list so I can find someone who gives a hoot about my troubles*

I am 31 , done with kids and want a hyster, is that too much to ask?BTW< I am in NW MISSOURI. Anyone else have a similar story?

Kerrie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2008, 08:41 AM

I, too, was very frustrated with my gyn because he didn't want to listen...I fired him. I talked to several people at work to see what they thought about their doc then looked up the list of "approved" docs with my insurance and she was there!! Unfortunately, this doesn't help you much because I'm in Florida! But this doc took an hour for my first visit and listened to all of my concerns. Good luck and best wishes on your search!
Unread 07-23-2008, 08:48 AM

you should definitely find another dr..one that will find out what kind of diagnosis you have first before considering any options. a hysterectomy is major surgery and a whole new set of problems can occur with that...especially if the source of your problems arent diagnosed correctly. find a dr that will listen to you and run the proper tests...maybe someone that will do a lap and see whats going on. good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2008, 09:02 AM

My first gyn, would take my hand and say "there, there, it's your age, it's perimenopause, take Evening primrose, go out with your girlfriends, do you want me to put you on an anti-depressant, well you get the picture. He never ordered an ultrasound, or a transvaginal ultrasoumd. He once made a remark when I went to him for the ump teenth time, complaining of periods every two week, cramps, and heavy bleeding, "did you call the funeral parlor yet?" Well, he never saw me again. Some docs, do not deserve MD after their name.
Unread 07-23-2008, 10:45 AM

I went through hell for 33 years and a few doctors (my DH was military) many of whom had the "its in your head" theory. I found my present gyn through the Endometriosis Association website. They listed docs in my area and then I found one of them that took my insurance. Now that there is more info on endo, there are more doctors familiar. I think some of the MDs think that the D stands for deity and would never admit that they just aren't knowledgeable enough to deal with your particular issues. You are the customer, so keep looking til you find the right one!

Best of luck.
Unread 07-23-2008, 11:17 AM

I thank God every day for my new doc. Words can't describe him, (actually then can, in the polling section of hystersisters....Male/female gyn.) I was very fortunate to find him.
Unread 07-24-2008, 07:37 PM

I hope you can find a doctor that will help you. Each one is different, there is a great one out there for you. Good luck.
Unread 07-24-2008, 08:01 PM

My first Gyn never offered me any tests either. No ultrasound or anything. It would have been so simple to just order the ultrasound. He gave me birthcontrol pills and had to give me high dose ones before they seemed to give me some relief. I was on these high dose pills to long. The last time I saw this Gyn he told me we could schedule an ablation (no ultrasound needed). It would have never worked. I had a giant fibroid. My husband is the one who suggested we see another Gyn. We shopped around and I am so thankful that we did. Now I can see that my old gyn was useless.

When I found my current Gyn he wanted me off the pills RIGHT away. He told me at my first visit that we should do an ultra sound to find out what was causing the problem. Such a simple suggestion. I should have been offered the ultra sound earlier when I first started having all my problems. I could have been spared a lot of trouble and would have never taken the high dose birthcontrol pills.

So lesson learned for me. ALWAYS get a second opinion.
There is a reason why we say that doctors are PRACTISING medicine.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register