Scheduled TAH Hysterectomy is almost here (9/22) and im freaking out!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy is almost here (9/22) and im freaking  out!! Hysterectomy is almost here (9/22) and im freaking out!!

Unread 09-20-2014, 08:00 PM
Hysterectomy is almost here (9/22) and im freaking out!!

Omg! Its happening Monday and I am freaking out! I have all these what if's going through my mind and im having nightmares now! My husband keeps being supportive and amazing but im scared of bad things happening. Im so worried about not waking up. My heart keeps racing when i think about it. I was ok a couple days ago, even excited! What happened!!! UGH!!! IM FRUSTRATED SCARED AND SHAKIN IN MY BOOTS!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2014, 08:15 PM
Re: Its almost here and im freaking out!!

Dear headstrong, iv been in your shoes. Im 5 months out from a total abdominal hysterectomy. All out including appendix. I too had the same fears. Before you know It it will all be over with. I cant
believe its already been 5 months! My bikini incision is looking good and my recovery has been great. It was the best decision I made. To be pain free in that area. No more ovarian cyst pain or periods or aganizing pain! Just take a deep breath and know you are strong and can get thru this. I had a good overall experience. Wonderful surgeon and hospital stay. I just put
faith in my creator and have loving support from family and friends that helped get me thru. This is a wonderful support site. Keep us posted and my thoughts and prayers are with you in this new journey. Many big Tx hugs to you.
Rebecca your Tx hyst sis
Unread 09-20-2014, 08:57 PM
Re: Its almost here and im freaking out!!

Hi Headstrong Chic.
I remember all too well what the last few days are like waiting. Worst thing ever. I ended up having panic attacks the three days prior to my TAH.
I must echo what our sister said above - I'm so glad I got my TAH. Best thing I've ever done. (Living without constant pain is wonderful!)
I'm a little further down the recovery road - my TAH was June 2013, so I'm 15 months into my recovery and I'm feeling better than I have in decades. My scar is so very slight you can barely see it, my anemia is gone and I feel incredible!
Hugs, sister! You're going to be okay!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2014, 05:28 AM
Re: Hysterectomy is almost here (9/22) and im freaking out!!

Yep. Tomorrow's the day for me too. Going back and forth between calm and totally freaked out. 😑 I just keep reminding myself that there is a 20cm alien inside of me that has got to go!!
Unread 09-21-2014, 08:57 AM

Thank you for the support, sisters! :-) I eill have a vertical incision due to the size of these fibroids. Its five of them too. I think the reason that im flipping out is because of the bleeding i have had this past week. I keep worrying that its goinna cause complications. I had complications when i had my gall bladder removed a few years back so im still very apprehensive about this.
Unread 09-21-2014, 11:49 AM

I did the same thing! I was home in 24 hours and it hasn't been 1/10th what I was afraid of....Enjoy the day with your supportive husband. We will be praying for the easiest recovery possible.
Unread 09-21-2014, 12:29 PM

I think what you're feeling is natural. I felt exactly like you. Excited in anticipation of the surgery, but about a week before my surgery I got so emotional, crying, scared and started thinking the worst, got my affairs in order thinking I may not come out of this. But then I started asking friends and family to keep me in their prayers. Went thru with a total laparoscopic hysterectomy and after 5 hours of surgery and a couple off recovery hours I was sent home the same day, even had the appetite for a cheeseburger and the pain hasn't been that bad. I'm so glad I went thru with this because I keep thinking no more pads and rushing to the bathroom or curling up in pain from the cramps. My prayers are with you and you'll be so glad you went thru with this. Let us know how it goes :-)
Unread 09-21-2014, 12:36 PM

Thank you! I have gotten most of my affairs in order to. I have kind of been preparing just in case. Im going in there tomorrow with my jammie pants, my punk t shirt and my slippers and im going to "put my big girl panties on" be brave and do this. I hope that everything will be ok but im prepared for the worst. I appreciate all the prayers! <3
Unread 09-21-2014, 01:52 PM

It is so normal to be nervous and freak out. I think everyone who has been there has been to some extent. My biggest fear was of being put to sleep and feeling out of control and being in a nightmarish state. This surgery was the best experience I have had in the recovery room. I explained to the anesthesiologist and told him my fears and they changed one drug out. Don't be afraid to discuss your fears and concerns with your surgeon and pre op nurses. They are there for you and dedicated to taking care of you.

You are not alone. Your sisters are here for you.
Headstrong.chic and ayncup626 -- please join us in your post op recovery thread and let us know how you are. Your wait is almost over and tomorrow you will be on your road to recovery. See you on the other side.
Unread 09-21-2014, 04:32 PM
Hysterectomy is almost here (9/22) and im freaking out!!

I know the feeling. The day leading up to mine, the day went in slow motion. And right up to the moment they wheeled me into the OR I was telling my husband let's just go. I'm over this let's go. I don't do well with the anesthesia. There is a reason you have gotten to this point in your life and focus on the end game! What it's going to be like to live post operation. What scared me the most was looking for validation from a very close friend and never got it. But I'm here to tell you what ever your reasons and what your doctor's reasons... IT'S OK!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register