retroverted uterus with fibroids | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

retroverted uterus with fibroids retroverted uterus with fibroids

Unread 10-25-2003, 02:47 PM
retroverted uterus with fibroids

Hi Sisters!
Anyone out there suffering from retroverted uterus filled with fibroids? I wonder if it alters how "invasive" surgery is. I would think they would have to dig deeper and things would be on/near/around the bowels. I'm so ready for this....the pressure is very uncomfortable.

Heidi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2003, 02:59 PM

Heidi,

Just answered your question re: support, on another thread.
What is a retroverted uterus? Mine's tipped back against my tailbone and causes me alot of back pain. Also filled with unwanted tenants.

peg
Unread 10-25-2003, 03:03 PM

Peg,
That's it! Tipped backward toward the tailbone. Darn thing is supposed to be straight up or a little forward. When it is heading back, guess where the cervix goes.....as the tenants get bigger? You got it....toward the bladder. I am so ready for this! How about you? Did your doctor say if anything would be special because of the tipped uterus?
Heidi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2003, 03:32 PM
Retroverted uterus

I have one too, but the gyn never mentioned that it may be problematic at all. Maybe after all the over stuff, it didn't seem important?

I shall mention it to her next time I see her. She is getting used to me long lists of questions!
Unread 10-25-2003, 03:36 PM

Yada's cousin,
Yes, let me know what your doc says when you ask her. It just would make sense to me that it would be embedded deeper in and around the bowels. Don't know though, maybe it doesn't make a hoot of difference. Time will tell.

Heidi
Unread 10-25-2003, 04:24 PM
Retroverted uterus

Heidi,
sure, be happy to update you.
Unread 10-25-2003, 07:31 PM

Heidi,

I made my doc draw me a picture! I wanted to see what and where a "tipped" uterus was. Also wanted to know where ole Boris (I named it!) and all his little buddies were residing. Cuz originally she was planning to do a Myomectomy. Instead the House of Boris is getting demo'ed in order to evict the unwanted squatters!

The doctors have always called it "tipped" I had never heard the other term you used. What happens to me is after ovulation my uterus naturally swells and I get shooting pains in my backside like i sat on a bicycle without the seat!

I am 49 and have re-decided, after discussing it with various "sisters" and doing my own research, to have my ovaries taken as well. It's what my doctor recommends but it was still my decision, cuz I originally told her no.

and yeah, I'm pretty sure that nastiness we are experiencing down here is the Rancho Cuca. fire. At least our homes are not threatened.
peg
Unread 10-25-2003, 07:58 PM

Hi Heidi,
I had my TAH/BSO in June, I had fibroids and a tipped uterus and the reason that I ended up having my surgery was that my bladder was being cut off and I could not urinate. I remember the pressure too and I am so glad that I had the surgery.
My "gyne" was also my "surgeon" and did not say that the surgery would be any more difficult because of the tipped uterus.
Good Luck!!!
Unread 10-25-2003, 11:51 PM

I had a retroverted uterus with fibroids but don't recall my gyn ever mentioning it as an added factor. Of course, my fibroids were so huge I don't think it really mattered anymore. When your uterus is the size of a basketball, I don't think there's enough room left for it to matter whether it's retroverted or not! However, my largest fibroid (mine were all outside the uterus) was pressing directly on my spine, which I suppose could have been because my uterus was retroverted, but probably was more because it was huge.

Kathie
Unread 10-26-2003, 10:32 AM

mochacrazy: This inability to urinate has happened to me just a few times. I figured it was related! I hope I don't have another episode of THAT! If so, I'll schedule my surgery sooner than 11/25.

Bewilda: OMG !!!! Now I feel fortunate....I'm only 12-week size. A basketball? How in the heck did you even function?

Peg: You are hilarious! House of Boris being demo'ed?
On the "leave or not leave the ovaries" issue.....Can you tell me your reasons? I am struggling. Doc says take 'em (they'll atrophy soon and it'll protect against ovarian cancer). I am sort of "neutral" on it. No "mentalpause" for me yet (when??? when??? I'm 52!). But it's gotta be soon. I am confused about the HRT. Am tempted by the Vivelle Dot, but it seems to run out for some gals sooner. I'm not real good at recognizing my body signals, so am wondering if the pill form would be better. I'd love to hear your thoughts

ttfn, Heidi

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register