can't believe it | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

can't believe it can't believe it

Unread 10-02-2006, 11:54 AM
can't believe it

waiting is the hardest part - so true
so many messages on this board pertain to the waiting...
it felt like it would take forever to get to THE day and I wanted nothing more than to just get it done and over with...
TOMORROW - Tuesday, Oct 3rd, my day is here.
IT COMES SO MUCH FASTER THAN YOU THINK IT WILL!!
And now I have switched from wishing about just getting it over with to wishing it was not for another week or so, so I can be sure everything is done - well, and to escape this fear that eating me alive, and to give myself self some more time to get rid of this hacking cough I have since I quit smoking a week ago (Not sure it was such a good idea - the timing of it - as I I know it is just gonna be killer to cough as bad as I am after the surgery)

Anybody else have an overwhelming last day fear set in? So much so that they wanted to postpone it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2006, 12:03 PM
can't believe it

Hi Cindy, Best of luck tomorrow. I know all will go great and soon you will be a princess. I didn't have any real nerves until I was in the pre-op holding area and they started to wheel me back to the OR. Then I wanted to jump off the stretcher and run, but I realized to feel better I needed to do this. Congratulations on quitting smoking thats wonderful. My suggestion is that you do something special for yourself today and get a good night's rest tonight. Take care and best wishes! Melanie
Unread 10-02-2006, 12:15 PM
can't believe it

Good luck...and make sure you have lots of cough drops for after! And that pillow to hold on your belly!. I know what you mean about waiting. I still have close to 3 weeks...but it is getting closer and so much still to do. BUT, it comes and goes just as quickly. So fear not! I know you trust your docs and know that this is the best thing for you. Knowing that is half the battle. You will be a proud princess soon and we are eager to hear your story. May the castle trip be speedy and your recovery speedier yet!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2006, 01:20 PM
can't believe it

I'm so glad to hear you're hangin' in there on not smoking!!
You'll be fine tomorrow -- best wishes and look forward to hearing from you on the other side!!
Unread 10-02-2006, 02:08 PM
can't believe it

The last day for me went quietly... becuase of bowel prep! Woohoo! But it was a busy day. I didn't really take much to the hospital with me so it felt wierd not really packing. So I got everything ready for me return from home.

Best wishes ~
Unread 10-02-2006, 02:20 PM
can't believe it

I gave up smoking years ago but when I went in for surgery I had a bad allergy wet cough that got worse. Don't worry, the coughing is not that bad. I was sneezing and coughing the day after, I still am. Just put that pillow on your incision and hold it when you cough. The surgery will be over before you know it and you will be on the mend. I feel great, wished I had done this sooner.
Unread 10-02-2006, 02:40 PM
can't believe it

I'm having those "last days" nerves too!!! I think it's getting worse by the minute. As I'm finishing some shopping and cleaning and just getting things in place, I'm realizing more and more how close I am! Man! It's hard not to think about it constantly isn't it? Luckily, my 2 oldest offspring have some school activities in the next few days so that will take my mind off of it somewhat. I'm just hoping I'm not a complete basket case before I head out to the castle!!! I'll be thinking of you...have a happy recovery!
Unread 10-02-2006, 03:28 PM
can't believe it

Congratulations on quitting smoking!!!! I wasn't able to, well, not strong enough to try I guess. That last pre-op day is the longest AND the shortest day all at the same time. I remember feeling paralyzed with anxiety. I had a million things to do of course, didn't get most of them done. Just think, tomorrow, that anxiety will be gone & you'll have a whole new experience. Good luck tomorrow & we'll see you on the other side.

Make sure whoever is there with you, family member or nurse, sees to it that you have a pillow on your belly to grab when you wake up. I have no idea if there is something you can do to make that cough go away. You do not want to cough, it's going to be very painful on your belly, as well as laughing & sneezing. Sneezing still hurts me after 4 months.
Unread 10-02-2006, 06:18 PM
can't believe it

Good Luck, Cindy.....
Prayers & Hugs comin' at ya....
Unread 10-02-2006, 06:45 PM
can't believe it

All of us have been there and it is totally normal. But just think about life on the other side!

Good luck and let us know all about it afterward.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register