Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 27 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 03-24-2008, 09:18 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

I had a huge reality check last night... I can't take care of the kids and me this week. No way, no how, don't wanna, can't make me do it! *pouts* That was the hardest thing for me to admit to myself that no, I can't do it all and I must think of myself first. I certainly didn't realize how hard that was or would be.

Thank goodness the DH can take another week! The kids have been performing their best nit picky bickering show yet which absolutely drives me bananas. The DS is in "let's push and push mode". I've threatened to hang him up by his toes to the ceiling fan and turn it on! They are on Easter break this week. And I thought I could handle it. HA!

To add icing to the cake, the day I came home from the hospital we had to swing by school to pick up DS. He tossed his cookies and was out the rest of the week sick. DH also caught a bit of it I bet you can't guess who woke up with coughing, sneezing and a runny nose this morning. UGH!

And because I do consider myself to be a Ms. Positive Pants, I had to find a ray of sunshine or two.

The hubby is home so I don't have to deal with the kids by myself. Boo ya!

A friend is bringing over a casserole for supper. I've learned to say "yes" when someone wants to help.

I haven't cried at all today.

And the chills I had earlier are now replaced with "hotter than habenaro can I sit around 'nekked all day without frightening anyone?

Takin' it a moment at a time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2008, 10:06 AM
Two Weeks Out, not so good.

Well, today is the two week anniversary for my TVH, AP Repair, and Overlapping Anal Sphinteroplasty.

Sadly, I don't feel that I'm doing well. I've had maybe two, what I would call, good days.

Today, I'm struggling with massive depressing, bright red blood coming from the rectal area, a little more blood in the drainage from my wound, slight nausea (which is a new development), and absolutely utter exhaustion to the point where I can't lift my head off the pillow. A trip to the bathroom just to pee beats me down. God forbid this turns into a BM.....at that point I just want to crawl under a rock somewhere and die. I'm in my bed 24 hours a day everyday. I can't even force myself out for awalk anymore. Sleep is difficult at night. I'll fall asleep in unnatural positions, wake up in a lot of pain and try to find another position, and develope a headache every night. This is a new development over the last three nights. I'm disappointed in myself. I worried about disturbing the medical staff (I don't want to come off as just a whiner)....and I'm absolutely at a loss what to do. Do I struggle through 'til my doc gets back into town next Tuesday (4/2) or do I go to the ER. I just don't know anymore.

I emailed the nurse practitioner on my case with everything I am going through right now. I'm awaiting her response now.

I honestly do not feel I'm getting better. I feel like I'm lingering.
Unread 03-24-2008, 10:16 AM

Hey Denise:

No one covering for your Doc???? It sounds like ER time to me. As much as it is a miserable experience if there is something wrong you could be making a big mistake waiting. I can tell by the way you sound you are not ok.
You have certainly been trying...you need to pay attention to the alarms in your head.

If this is part of healing then you will know and you can go back to healing instead of worrying.

Get your sore butt up missy and move along!!!

My jewish mother in me sorry. We adore you take care of yourself.

Ilene
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2008, 10:17 AM

Back from Physical Therapy. Driving was a piece of cake! I am 100% better than this time last week. Got 3 new exercises to do for my muscle problem in my left leg and even walked on the treadmill for 8 min. more that a quarter mile. I'm going to walk 1/2 mile by the end on the week. You can take it to the bank. I may eat those words, but I'm pretty pumped right now. Two more therapy sessions for leg, then move on to the herniated disc in my neck. When it rains, it pours. This on top of LAVH, AP repair, and TOT sling. At least the sun is shining today, but it is still a bit cool.
Unread 03-24-2008, 10:51 AM

morning girlies!
well today is day 7 for me and I feel pretty dang good!!!! had my 1st post op with my doc today got alittle yeast infection going on no big deal meds for that! I stayed for 5 days at the castle! I enjoyed my roomate so much I asked her to stay a extra day with me.. told her we could have spa day...hehe..hot tub right down the hall the nurses could give us massages...but she was ready to go home...lol...she will be back in 2 wks for another surgery so you can bet I will be there! I had a medicine ball when I came out of surgery so basically NO pain! and now I only take 1 pill a day for pain...poopin good, all blood levels are where they are suppose to be!! can't beleive after all the blood they took while I was there I have any left!!LOL... o and one of the best parts I have already lost 7 lbs!!!! my doc tooka pic of the polup and gave it to me, he told me he found the "easter egg" I had hide..LOL...that was the size of it...uterus was 8-10 wks prego size...glad its out! good luck to ALL my sisters and Imissed you guys and thought of you everyday!
Unread 03-24-2008, 11:04 AM

Hi girls,& special hi to you Denise you don't sound so good at all.Hope you call the Doc on call.
I had my big first day out of the house.My two week point is coming Wednesday so I wasn't supposed to be out ,but could not sit home on Easter.So I showered got dressed,fixed my hair it was my first time in clothes real clothes since going to the hospital.I chose to wear a panty girldle it is kind of like spandex short shorts it did feel kind of good when I put it on. So as I stood all dressed & ready, bundled in my winter coat clutching my pillow waiting for my man to pull the car up for me I got a wave of nausia,weakness & cool sweat on my face while feeling hot!!! I thought of pulling off the cloths & going to bed but I resolved to go.I went & it was good the food was so good I managed to eat a plate of it the most I have eatten since I have been home.When I got home & took of the panty girdle I fealt like I unleashed the blubber & it hurt.But at least I went out for easter!
On Wed my boyfriend is gonna start taking me out for some vists & walks in stores to get some strength going so after my followup on the 1st I can feel confident about taking myself places.He is such a sweety on that stuff.My doc said no driving til after the follow up & no going out til two week point. So my only pains are when I have to bm and my incisions they feel like I am being skewered sometimes ,I have three holes covered in what looks like clear nail polish,& if I sit to long in one position or walk or stand to long I feel like I am being skewered.I did make it yesterday on half a pain pill for the day & night.
Unread 03-24-2008, 11:08 AM

Afternoon ladies! I'm feeling so much better. My incision is still draining though. Last night I broke down and took a percocet and had a nice soak in the garden tub. It was absolutely wonderful. I finally got to bed around 3am. Sometime after that apparently I was mumbling to my hubby in my sleep. He has no idea what I was saying. Funny thing is I heard myself doing it, but couldn't stop it. Weird! And of course more wild dreams

I had to laugh when someone commented they hope sex wasn't like throwing a hot dog down the hallway. It's actually the thing I'm scared of most at this point.

I'm going to venture out later this evening to get some pants without buttons and some new tops. Yeah!!

I've managed to cook breakfast and clean a little today. Doing the laundry. My kids are off of school today so they carried it down for me.

My 9 yo daughter is driving me up the wall. She has been so moody and unpleasant. Anything you ask her to do is followed by some groan or eye rolling or crying. Lord help me...I have 3 daughters. My 6 yo daughter cleaned bathrooms for me today. God Bless her. My 6yo made lunch without me asking. It was kind of funny. She made sandwiches with a tiny piece of turkey and pepperoni. Some chips, jelly beans, and cranberry juice. Very thoughtful!

DeniseS I would go to the ER. Sounds like you're in bad shape. You know when I got my infection and my incision started to drain I started feeling really bad. Antibiotics helped immensely. I will have to tell you that I would be such a big baby if they came anywhere near my back end. Keep us posted.
Unread 03-24-2008, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseS
Well, today is the two week anniversary for my TVH, AP Repair, and Overlapping Anal Sphinteroplasty.

Sadly, I don't feel that I'm doing well. I've had maybe two, what I would call, good days.

Today, I'm struggling with massive depressing, bright red blood coming from the rectal area, a little more blood in the drainage from my wound, slight nausea (which is a new development), and absolutely utter exhaustion to the point where I can't lift my head off the pillow. A trip to the bathroom just to pee beats me down. God forbid this turns into a BM.....at that point I just want to crawl under a rock somewhere and die. I'm in my bed 24 hours a day everyday. I can't even force myself out for awalk anymore. Sleep is difficult at night. I'll fall asleep in unnatural positions, wake up in a lot of pain and try to find another position, and develope a headache every night. This is a new development over the last three nights. I'm disappointed in myself. I worried about disturbing the medical staff (I don't want to come off as just a whiner)....and I'm absolutely at a loss what to do. Do I struggle through 'til my doc gets back into town next Tuesday (4/2) or do I go to the ER. I just don't know anymore.

I emailed the nurse practitioner on my case with everything I am going through right now. I'm awaiting her response now.

I honestly do not feel I'm getting better. I feel like I'm lingering.
Denise - your REALLY MUST get yourself looked at by a doc! my heart so goes out to you!! with the problems of "massive bright red blood", "absolute utter exhaustion", "in bed 24 hours a day", and"can't force myself out for a walk anymore" - when you are 2 weeks out from surgery, and are doing worse rather than better - you need help! Don't even think of waiting until a week from now before you see a doc! Is the ER the only option - can be a big wait there. Isn't there a doc on call for your doc that you can go see? Hopefully the nurse practitioner will give you good advice and help you in your suffering! Don't even consider that it is disturbing the medical staff and that you will come off as a whiner! That is what the medical staff are there for: Your health, getting well and taking care of these medical issues before they get even worse!
Hope you get some help from these problems soon! My prayers are going out for your! Keep us posted!
Unread 03-24-2008, 11:43 AM

I agree with you Lubee she could be so tired from blood loss
Unread 03-24-2008, 11:47 AM

im going

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register