how much more? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

how much more? how much more?

Unread 03-22-2010, 06:50 AM
how much more?

My TAH is scheduled for March 31. Just got a call from the mammogram I had last week and they saw a .1 something I don't remember in my right breast and density in my other. So now I go Thursday and have a ultrasound and some kind of compression test. I can't handle all this at 1 time! And I'm trying to quit smoking before my surgery. I need a nerve pill!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2010, 06:58 AM
Re: how much more?

I'm sorry.... It is alot to deal with. I would feel the same way though. All I can say is hang in there...it will all work out. As for the quitting smoking I applaud you! The doc told me to try and cut my smoking in half at least and I am finding that hard! Its hard to stop when ur stressed and anxious...I am sending you big cyber hugs!!!!!
Unread 03-22-2010, 07:02 AM

Big cyber hugs from me too. I had a mammogram not long before finding out about this surgery and luckily it came back clear although both breasts have a lot of density but I was told that's nothing to worry about. Hang in there!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2010, 07:09 AM

Also wanted to send big hugs. That's a lot to go through all at the same time.
Unread 03-22-2010, 07:18 AM

Thanks guys! I'm just really scared right now. The hugs help!
Unread 03-22-2010, 07:36 PM

I understand how overwhelming it can be to deal with one medical issue and have another sneak up and sideswipe you .
Just wanted to send you lots of hugs and best wishes. Let us know how things go on Thursday.
Unread 03-22-2010, 07:57 PM

I'm actually having a tumor removed from my breast during my hysterectomy. As far as I know it's benign. Regardless, it's just one more thing I have to worry, and think about. Some days it gets to be too much. There are moments i have told my husband that I should pre schedule my doc appts. because I know there will be some medical issue that arises during the week. ;-) Please know you are not alone in this. ;-)
Unread 03-22-2010, 08:11 PM

That is a lot to deal with all at once but try not to worry as perhaps there its nothing serious and just due to your body reacting to all the stress of our upcoming surgery...My thoughts are with you.
Unread 03-22-2010, 10:20 PM

I understand the emotions. All over the place! Just a few weeks before my TAH-BSO, I found a few hard lumps in my left breast. I had just had my annual mammogram a few months before, and they weren't on the films. So the doc took a needle and pulled all the fluid out of them. He said what happened, was that a few of my mammary glands had become infected. How, we don't know, but I haven't had any problems since. Don't stress out, and have faith. Things will work out for you.

Lots of Gentle Hugs are being sent your way!!!! Let us know what the doc says. We'll all be here for you.
Unread 03-23-2010, 07:50 PM

You are definitely not alone! My situation is similar, but reversed. The day after I had a cyst aspirated and a mass biopsied on my left breast, I found out I have a 9cm mass on my left ovary!! Fortunately all is benign with the breast and I meet with my gyn/onc tomorrow morning for results from a ct scan of my abdomen and pelvis I had last week. Not sure what to expect with the results.

Try to think positive thoughts and visualize good outcomes. We can be our own worst enemies! Quitting smoking would be absolutely fabulous!!! I wish you the best!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register