Staple removal | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Staple removal Staple removal

Unread 03-06-2003, 08:58 AM
Staple removal

Ok, I know the dr said I would have them and would have to go to his office to have them removed. But what are they and do they hurt and how do they remove them? All I can think of is my office staples and the staple puller..and ewwwwwwww that hurts? Help.....need some comfort here please...signed the big
Nan-c
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2003, 09:28 AM
Staple removal

Well, the good news is that it does not hurt to have staples removed. That's the truth.

Other than that, you have the right picture. Although the tool used is not like your office stapler, it's more a little flat thing that goes under the staples. And the staples are not folded back like they are in your office. They go straight in and come out very easily.

Remember: it really does not hurt!

Joselle
Unread 03-06-2003, 09:30 AM
Staples and remover

Hi,

I never wanted to actually see the staples stuck in me. Don't think I could have "taken" it. I would guess that staples are in you with "prongs" (side bars) just straight down -- or maybe only slightly bent towards each other to grip. The medical staple remover doesn't look like office staple remover -- but it works on the same principal.

Removing staples does not hurt.

I kept both my staples and remover as a souvenier.

Mary D.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2003, 09:40 AM
staple removal

ah thanks Ladies...I was using my stapler this morning and that's when it hit me...aghhhhhhhh you mean it tucks under? Will it rip and hurt coming out! LOL....one more thing less to worry about...thanks again..geesh thank God for this list or I would be nuts! I will be so glad when it is over...6 weeks waiting has been the pits! But I have had so much comfort here and will be back to comfort others after I hope!
nan-c
Unread 03-06-2003, 12:09 PM
Staple removal

I had a TAH Jan 31st. I had 22 staples on the abdomen.

Ive had surgeries down there before on my ovaries and had stitches. The staples hurt alot less. There was less pulling. (Although they look a tad frankenstienish) I didnt feel it at all when my Dr pulled the staples. It just felt like she was touching my stomach. Ive heard some ppl feel a tug but thats it. They dont get the tissue stuck to them they some stitches do.
Unread 03-06-2003, 01:16 PM
Staples

I have had 5 caesarean sections and have experienced sub-cutaneous stiching, clips, stitches,a running stich with beads on the ends, and staples!!!!

I can assure you that the staples were the most comfortable to have in and the least painful to take out!!!!

Vicki x
Unread 03-06-2003, 02:00 PM
Staple removal

I had 43 staples removed and if it weren't for the fact that medical student removing them had the little remover thingy upside down for the first 2 or 3 I wouldn't have felt a thing. It was so much relief after they were removed....I felt SO much better. Put it out of your mind because it is absolutely NOTHING to worry about.

Hope you have a speedy recovery!

God Bless!
Unread 03-07-2003, 05:17 AM
Staple removal

Hi Nancbird, last surgery I had and an 8" vertical incision that was stapled. I didn't feel it at all when they were removed. Liked them better than stitches I've had in previous surgeries. Good luck, Pat
Unread 04-03-2004, 08:03 AM
Staple removal

How long should I have my staples in? I had my Hyst. on the 22nd and my incision feels and looks Ok, the problem is with the staples! On each side of every staple it is tugging at the skin and making it red, it looks as if I am starting to get an infection from a few of them.
Unread 04-03-2004, 08:12 AM
staples

Catalog,
I had my TAH on 3/30 and left the castle on 4/01/04. The nurse took my staples out before I was discharged. And I can honstly say there was no pain involved. I thought the incision would look a lot worse than it acutally does. If your experiencing redness maybe you should contact your DR.
The best to you and take care.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register