I need advice on recurrent ovarian cysts and lupron... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I need advice on recurrent ovarian cysts and lupron... I need advice on recurrent ovarian cysts and lupron...

Unread 09-14-2002, 08:26 PM
Lupron User :-)

Hi Sophie,

My issues are a bit different, but I am getting Lupron shots right now, just had my third one yesterday. I am having the shots as a trial to see if hyst (removing overies) will succesfully kill the endometriosis that I have everywhere.

Maybe I am different than most, but the side effects (which are all menopause symptoms - hot flashes, a bit of insomnia, etc) do not even come close to the level of pain I was in before. I did a ton of research on Lupron, including all the scary victims sights, and almost decided not to do the shots.

Now, I am actually a bit angry at all the bad press (some of which is from a competing pharmaceutical company) that is scaring women away from this. Lupron has given me back my life. And it has removed my immense fear that a hysterectomy might not work.

It is still a difficult decision for most women to do this, especially since the effects last a full month and if you react really badly, you are stuck. But I asked my gyne how many women she has treated with Lupron successfully, and she said 'hundreds'.

For me, the minimal effects far outweigh the total lack of pain.

Sophie, I wish you all the best as you work through this decision,

Susan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2002, 07:41 AM
I need advice on recurrent ovarian cysts and lupron...

I too was on the Lupron shots. Mine was for endo/cyst.I myself did alot of esearch also but the problem is just because it works for them doesnt mean thats its going to work for you.I took it for 4 months the first month was really nothing special but the next two months really helped,but by the forth month my symptoms worsen and the pain can back and the side affects were unbearable(hot flashes,night sweats,sweats sweats, mood swings and then depression) I foud that it was a temp fix and that it just worsened.i had a lap in May of this year and find that i had more endo and another cyst. Septemeber 16 i went and had a lavh with the findings of yet another cyst the size of a golf ball and endo fully hidden and in full swing under the cyst.Im only 9 days post so i cant really say if the surgery was a good idea but it has to be some type of relief.You should no about the shots within 2-3 months so all you can do is try then you will never have to wonder IF it would have helped.
Unread 09-24-2002, 08:55 PM
I was wrong

Hi, I posted before that Lupron did not help me, I was wrong, I am 2 weeks post op , had TAH/BSO radical , everything is gone. My doctor found very little endo and my cysts were gone, the only bad thing i found with the lupron was the side effects but if you can get through the series of injections you are suppose to take, with the side effects then you are home free,lol
If i hadnt of taken the injections then the endo would have been horrible and my doctor would of had a heck of a time getting what he got out, my bladder was attached to my uterus and i have a curve in my bowels, but my bladder being attached to my uterus had nothing to do with the endo , it was because of my previous c-sections , the adhesions stuck them together, at least that was what i was told, if you have severe endo i recommend the shots because if you do end up having a hyster then your doc will not have to much of a rough time getting around your organs.
I wish you the best of luck and keep us posted on your outcome with the shots and what you decide to do.
Big 's to you ,
Misty
Unread 06-04-2005, 11:31 PM
I need advice on recurrent ovarian cysts and lupron...

Sohpia,
I to have been sufering with cyst and lots of pain. I have been to four different doctors before one would beleive that the pain I was having is real. The doctor wants me to start the lupron shot this coming week and I am somewhat scared. But I know that I can't deal with the ongoing pain. It is robbing me of time from my family and work. I just logged on to the net tonight to see if I could find out more about the shot and was happy to see that I am not alone!! I don't have any words of wisdom, but I know its nice to find out that there is a place where I can go to get feed back from other women who have some of the same things going on.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register