I think I might be crazy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I think I might be crazy I think I might be crazy

Unread 07-26-2005, 09:03 AM
I think I might be crazy

Hi all,

I think I just might be losing my mind. I am near the point of marching into my dr.'s office and demanding a hyster. I have lived with 9-12 day periods forever. In Feb., I had my right ovary removed and started Lupron for endo two weeks later. I'm nearing the end of my second injection (2 three month injections) and nothing has changed. I still have horrible periods and disabling pain. Am I totally out of my mind to WANT a hyster??? I feel like I am at the end of my "deal with it" abilities. I want to feel good and be able to spend quality time with my three (5,4,and 3 year old) girls. I have been through hot flashes, mood swings and night sweats with the Lupron so I feel like I could handle anything. Am I wrong to want to get rid of all of it and finally live a life not having to worry about horrible pain and wondering if I soiled my clothes in public? Any feedback on options or next step would be wonderful. Thanks for listening to my ramblings.
Cath
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2005, 09:30 AM
I think I might be crazy

Cath,

Are you serious!!? You are NOT going crazy and are certainly NOT wrong for wanting the pain and incoveniences over with! If you are at your wits end with suffering daily or even monthly with debilitating pain and you feel you've tried everything you want to try-then why not? YOU know what is right for you. Decide for yourself, but make SURE you are making the right decision. Research, research, research.

I've done my research and I know that a hyst is the right thing for me. Now, I just have to see the doctor. It's hard and scary coming to the conclusion, but for me at least-I'm going crazy dealing with the way my pain RULES my life. I'm done not being able to take part in LIFE. Heck, it's been this way so long, I don't even know for sure what life is anymore!

It's your decision and it's NOT crazy to want it to be easier. It's not crazy to want to enjoy all that life has to offer!!!

Take care!
Unread 07-26-2005, 09:41 AM
I think I might be crazy

I only had the symptoms of endo for 5 months before my hyst. and I still don't know how women can deal with that kind of horrible pain for YEARS...5 months was more than enough for me!! I went to the DR first..had the xrays n bloodwork..he didn't find anything, so I called the Gyn. and had the ultrasounds n more bloodwork..went thru 2 more periods, then told the DR that I wanted the pain to end..I couldn't work, stand up straight, goto the bathroom, or deal with the kids ( I have 4). So we opted for the hyst. best decision i've ever made. I don't ever want to go thru that kind of pain again.
But it's you're decision to make, make sure that it's what you want to do, because there's no going back once it's over.
Hugz
Bernadette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2005, 09:49 AM
I think I might be crazy

Dear Cath

I only had to deal with pain and an enlarged uterus for 7 months and I wanted a hysterectomy! I went into the gyn expecting it, and got what I needed.

You are not crazy! It's normal to want relief from pain and suffering. I think you would be crazy to want to continue this and not find a solution to the things you are dealing with.

Unread 07-26-2005, 10:09 AM
I tooo

I too felt that way I felt like jeeze someone knock me out so that the pain will just go away , I agree you need to do some research , I found out after two surgerys that I had Fibromyalgia , But my doctor never ever told me about anything , he just gave me a hyster to shut me up , I do not take hormones because prozac and Marlboro Lights keep me calm but the Hot flashes , Oh MY GOODNESS , I am 27 I am going threw menopause before my grandmother and my mother that sort of weirds me out !!!!! Pray on it , and research , research , research it is key !!!!!!!! But after my hyster I still feel the same pain , But one good thing NO MORE PERIODS !!!!!!! YEAH
Unread 07-26-2005, 11:16 AM
I think I might be crazy

Thanks everyone for the input. I have researched it, the good, the bad and the could happens. I go back to the gyn in Aug. I am for sure going to discuss the possibility of hyst. I have to do something! Thanks for letting me know I'm not nuts!
Unread 07-26-2005, 01:00 PM
I think I might be crazy

Cath,
I agree with the others. There is no sense in living with pain when you can have it taken care of. Dealing with your doctor may not be a problem, but dealing with insurance is. Insurance companies demand that doctors try A, B and C before they will consent to paying for a hysterectomy. In my case, my hormones became so out of balance that I became suicidal during my period. I had flunked a pap in January, so I was scheduled for a follow-up in July. In May, I called my doc and told them I couldn't wait until July. They saw me on May 25. I went in, and while my feet were in the stirrups, I told the doc "it's coming out and it's coming out NOW." I was so busy telling him my story, that I don't even remember him doing the pap. I was FIRM with him, so he listened. I was unwavering in expressing my feelings and desires, and he knew I meant business. He glanced at my chart and said there was enough documentation of problems thru the years to warrant my insurance approving the procedure. Truthfully, other than flunking paps in the distance past (other than January, the past 8 years or so had been ok), there was only one other time where he prescribed me a medicine because I was having severe cramps and clots -- and I only took the medicine a week because it made me sick to my stomach), my physical problems were minor. I am not sure if the word "suicidal" made my doc listen, or if it was the way I talked to him. I just know that in 35 days, I became a princess. My advice to you is to be firm with him, but not hysterical. State the facts: how long you've been feeling this way, what has been tried and when, and what procedures have not worked. Make sure he understands that you realize this is a permanent decision, and that you have thought it through. Once doctors realize you know what you want, they know how to "juggle the numbers" so the insurance will approve. Remember your doctor works for YOU, and you ultimately have the control over your own body. Good luck in your quest for the crown!
Rene

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register