Really not feeling well today:-( | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Really not feeling well today:-( Really not feeling well today:-(

Unread 02-02-2004, 12:04 PM
Really not feeling well today:-(

I'm soooooo tired of not feeling well:-( I'm still going through my last period (Day 7), I'm tired (got out of bed at 9:00a.m...laid down for a nap at 11:00...up at 1:00...ready to go down AGAIN), and I'm having horrible cramps (spasms in my groin radiating through the uterus [feels like labor or the pains I had when the doc dilated my cervix to do endometrial biopsy] finally ending at my bowel/rectum). I'm feeling weepy even though the Lexapro should be taking care of that. I feel like I've "bored" everyone I know personally with how little energy I have...for once I'd like to appear energetic and upbeat instead of draggy and old. I only have 10 days 'til surgery...I'd go tomorrow if they'd have me.

Thanks for the space.

Rhonda<--TAH scheduled 2/12 due to humongo fibroid and pelvic adhesions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2004, 12:11 PM

I had the same problem before my surgery .. I knew my friends and family had heard enough from me .. they were good about listening but you can only say 'I'm so tired' so many times and then you hear yourself repeating it. All I did was work and sleep before my surgery.

I got through it by telling myself each thing was one of the last times they would happen ... When you get to Thursday you will be able to say .. this is the last Thursday before my surgery .. and then the last Wednesday, etc .. that was the big one that got me through. I even used the line my Granddaughters use when they are counting days .. they say, only 9 more sleeps before that day ... I promise you that will get you through .. !!

Good luck and try to sleep all you can .. you need your strength .. !! Best wishes for a good surgery and great recovery ..
Unread 02-02-2004, 12:14 PM
me too

I am sorry that you are not feeling well. I am also struggling with really bad aches and bleeding today (figures) and I go in for TAH on Thursday 2/5/04. The aches and pains just reaffirm my decision to be done with this.
Just got a call from Dr. We were going to try for vaginal but after further review of the information collected when I had my tubal ligation we can't. There is scar tissue around my bladder and too much risk, so it will be abdominal.
That brings up a whole different set of feelings for me. I had complications with a c-section (infection) and am fearful that it may happen again.
I know that the next 3 days are going to be so long, gonna try and keep myself busy.
Thanks for listening also.
Laura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2004, 11:26 PM

I echo your sentiments exactly. I am so tired of being so tired! I just want to get up and feel good, I want to go one day without pain, I want to have one day where I am not so exhausted I don't know how I will get through it! I am so tired, and that makes me even more emotional, I feel like no one really understands even though my boyfriend and daughter have been really great. I would be at the hospital tomorrow if I could. I don't have an exact date yet, but will probably be toward the end of this month. I am looking forward to a new beginning!

Good luck and best wishes!

Wendy
Unread 02-04-2004, 11:34 PM

Hey all you sisters in waiting - I felt the same as you for a good 6 months prior to my surgery - irritable, in pain, totally freaked out about surgery etc but as the day came nearer I became more positive, I celebrated by last visit from aunt flo, I looked forward to the new me that would emerge after surgery and suddenly things looked better - I am now 13 weeks post op and have to tell you I AM A NEW WOMAN!! No more pain, bleeding, cramping, irritability ... I have a renewed outlook on life, my spirit is restored and my general personality has brightened - please try and stay positive - you haven't got long to wait - it will all be over and you can start afresh - with the support of us punctured princesses - best of luck - my thoughts are with you from Australia - love Sharon xx
Unread 02-04-2004, 11:49 PM

Hi all of you ladies in waiting...
I am happy to say that I am now exactly 5 months post op. I have to say that I can't believe I waited so long before this surgery and can't believe what I put up with before I made the decision. I didn't know how much I had been dealing with until I wasn't dealing with it anymore.

I know that waiting for the day is unbearable! I couldn't even stand for more than about 2 minutes without being in absolute agony for about 2 months before surger. Believe me when I say that I felt better before I got out of the hospital than I did before surgery. I couldn't believe it! Now, don't get me wrong..there have been time when I have thought..okay..I am now 4, 6, 8 12 weeks post op and why am I still a LITTLE tired or sore. Think about it, and compare it to how you felt before. Then realize that you had major surgery. The little soreness or swelling that I see now is sooo much less than before surgery. Unfortunately, ?or fortunately?, you forget.

I am so happy that this surgery was an option for me, even though it took me 3+ years to make the decision. I know it was the right one.

Best of luck to all of you. Just keep positive thoughts and you won't need it.

Pandora
Unread 02-05-2004, 01:31 PM

I feel your pain sister. I have been in so much pain for so long too. I was tempted this morning to call one of those 1-900 numbers. I thought that maybe if I were paying someone I wouldn't feel so guilty about whining so much. I am taking Davarocet for pain now and though that makes me feel better, I am so loopy...I have a hard time doing ordinary things. I can't drive and can't remember anything. I am sorry that you hurt. At least, you only have 2 more weeks. I have a month. Yuck. I will be thinking of you. **It wierd that all we want out of life is to live pain free, isn't it...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register