Scared and Nervous and too young! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scared and Nervous and too young! Scared and Nervous and too young!

Unread 11-17-2010, 08:44 AM
Scared and Nervous and too young!

Well tomorrow I am getting everything taken out. For years I have suffered with cysts and cramps. My whole life people thought I was bipolar till I finally realized I could predict my episodes with a calendar and it was just PMS. Bad but nothing more. Now I have clolestasis that will not go away! The itching is driving me nuts and i am tired of sleeping with ice packs on my feet. I have tried so many meds and combinations of meds that I have a folder to keep track. So tomorrow EVERYTHING! is coming out. I turned 24 mid October of this year. MY mom sits there and says how unfair it is that I am hitting menopause and she is not. I tell her I would trade her. I do not want to hit menopause at 24. I want to just be normal and have my period and avaries that work! I do not want the ability to have children taken away from me! I am supposed to be young and healthy and full of life. This is all a big cosmic joke i think!You know I just want this all to be over but I want to be able to cry too. My DH just gets mad when I show any emotion. He does not get how hard this is for me. I know I need to leave him but I cant. Thank god for this website and So sorry this got so long. I just need to vent Thx Girls!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-17-2010, 08:50 AM
Re: Scared and Nervous and too young!

First of all, you have every right to cry (and sometimes it's actually therapeutic to do so). I was 27 when I went into surgical menopause and completely understand how hard it is to be going through something that you weren't supposed to have to face for another 30+ years. I want to wish you the best of luck tomorrow and I will be praying for you. As hard as it seems right now, you will get through it and we are all here to help you on your journey.
Unread 11-17-2010, 12:57 PM

You are in my prayers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-17-2010, 01:04 PM

You have every right to vent, to be angry, to cry and to do whatever makes you feel better before and after your surgery. This is about you and no one else. Unless, a person is going through something like this they can't understand. Know that your hyster sisters are here for you. I prayed for you and will be praying for you tomorrow. Let us know how you are Post OP. God bless you today, tomorrow and forever!
Unread 11-17-2010, 01:50 PM

I was 26 when I had a radical hysterectomy and I felt the way your describing. It's been 2 1/2 years and I still get upset about not being able to have children. I know it seems like the people around you just don't get it and can't fully understand but you're going through some of the worst of it right now. So cry, vent, heck, even throw things if that makes you feel better. There's nothing wrong with expressing your pain, anger, and hurt. It helps.
Unread 11-17-2010, 02:37 PM

Just want to send you support. I'm 25. I know this is difficult, very difficult and most people cannot understand at all. It does feel like this is not something one should be dealing with at a young age, I've went through that anger too, both with the pain for the past 6 years and with having to make the decision to have a hysterectomy already. I understand and I know it's a very painful and stressful thing. I am hoping the surgery does give you relief and that you can just move forward and have the happy, healthy life you deserve.

You do need to express yourself. I tried keeping a lot in because the people around me don't listen very well, and my partner started getting angry everytime I even brought up my fears. He still does, but I've worked it out with myself and am comfortable now.

Wishing you the very best in your surgery, please let us know how you are doing.

Hugs
Unread 11-17-2010, 07:12 PM

WOW. I will keep you in my prayers. I am 47, unmarried and have no children. I always wanted them but not unmarried. I totally understand your emotional state. My LSH is scheduled for Dec 6 and I cry everyday. I know I'll be better off once it's done but it pains me to think about it. I know this is hard and you deserve the right to cry all day and all night if you want to. Take good care of yourself and I hope it will help you to know that there are folk pulling for you! Best wishes.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register