hyperplasia with atypia | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

hyperplasia with atypia hyperplasia with atypia

Unread 08-10-2004, 09:02 PM
hyperplasia with atypia

I have recurring atypia, 3 times in 8 yrs!!! I have taken Megace and Provera both of which reversed the atypia. I was taking Aygestin(progerterone) daily for a few years and the atypia returned in spite of it. Has anyone had this problem??? OB has mentioned the possibility of a hysterectomy. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2004, 09:38 PM
hyperplasia with atypia

That's what I have, along with large fibroids (see my tagline).

This is the first that the hyperplasia w/atypica has been diagnosed, though. Since the 'broids are growing, I decided to go the hysterectomy route. I know I'll feel much better once it's all done.
Unread 08-10-2004, 09:54 PM
hyperplasia with atypia

HI ~
I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH ENDOMETRIAL HYPERPLASIA W/ ATYPIA MAY 18th AND BETWEEN MY INFERTILITY DOCTOR AND MY OB/GYN THEY BOTH SUGGESTED AN IMMEDIATE HYSTERECTOMY (WHICH I HAD ON JULY 6th)- AND LET ME TELL YOU........ IT WAS THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER DONE- NOT ONLY BECAUSE IT HAD TURNED TO CANCER, BUT I FEEL LIKE A NEW PERSON !!! MORE ENERGY, CALM, I HAVE EVEN LOST 16 lbs IN THIS LAST FIVE WEEKS. I DID ALOT OF RESEARCH ON THIS DISEASE PROCESS AND HAVE LEARNED THAT IT IS VERY COMMON WITH WOMEN THAT HAVE TOO MUCH ESTROGEN AND NOT ENOUGH PROGESTERONE TO COUNTERACT IT- AND EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE "TEMPORARY" TREATMENTS TO KEEP IT AT BAY- MOST LIKELY IT WILL ALWAYS RETURN AND IF LEFT UNTREATED WILL TURN TO CANCER. SO PLEASE DO YOUR "HOMEWORK" ON YOUR INDIVIDUAL PROBLEM SO YOU CAN MAKE THE BEST DECISION- IF A HYSTER IS WHAT ENDS UP HAPPENING- JUST HAVING THE PIECE OF MIND THAT YOU WON'T GET CANCER IS ALL WORTH IT !! BEST WISHES IN WHATEVER DECISION YOU MAKE !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2004, 10:00 PM
hyperplasia with atypia

HI ~
I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH ENDOMETRIAL HYPERPLASIA W/ ATYPIA MAY 18th AND BETWEEN MY INFERTILITY DOCTOR AND MY OB/GYN THEY BOTH SUGGESTED AN IMMEDIATE HYSTERECTOMY (WHICH I HAD ON JULY 6th)- AND LET ME TELL YOU........ IT WAS THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER DONE- NOT ONLY BECAUSE IT HAD TURNED TO CANCER, BUT I FEEL LIKE A NEW PERSON !!! MORE ENERGY, CALM, I HAVE EVEN LOST 16 lbs IN THIS LAST FIVE WEEKS. I DID ALOT OF RESEARCH ON THIS DISEASE PROCESS AND HAVE LEARNED THAT IT IS VERY COMMON WITH WOMEN THAT HAVE TOO MUCH ESTROGEN AND NOT ENOUGH PROGESTERONE TO COUNTERACT IT- AND EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE "TEMPORARY" TREATMENTS TO KEEP IT AT BAY- MOST LIKELY IT WILL ALWAYS RETURN AND IF LEFT UNTREATED WILL TURN TO CANCER. SO PLEASE DO YOUR "HOMEWORK" ON YOUR INDIVIDUAL PROBLEM SO YOU CAN MAKE THE BEST DECISION- IF A HYSTER IS WHAT ENDS UP HAPPENING- JUST HAVING THE PIECE OF MIND THAT YOU WON'T GET CANCER IS ALL WORTH IT !! BEST WISHES IN WHATEVER DECISION YOU MAKE !!!
Unread 08-15-2004, 02:03 PM
hyperplasia with complex atypia

HI. I'M NEW HERE. I'VE BEEN TOLD THAT FOR THIS CONDITION (Endometrial hyperplasia w/complex atypia) I NEED TAH/BSO. I'M 56 YEARS OLD, POST-MENOPAUSAL, STILL HOT FLASHING. I AM AWARE THAT THIS CONDITION IS PRE-CANCEROUS. I AM OK WITH PARTING WITH UTERUS, BUT HAVE RESERVATIONS ON OVARIES. I'D APPRECIATE HEARING OTHERS' EXPERIENCES IN SIMILAR CIRCUMSTANCES..................RAYZEL
Unread 08-15-2004, 02:39 PM
hyperplasia with atypia

I was also diagnosed with hyperplasia w/atypia and my dr recommended a TAH, since I'd also been suffering with fibroids for many years. We discussed not removing my ovaries and she agreed as long as they were healthy, which they were and I have no family history of ovarian cancer or other cancers. I had made sure she knew how I felt about not removing my ovaries and was very grateful that she listened. Every dr has their own opinions on what is best, we can only hope they do what is also best for us. Best of luck to you.

Deb

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register