Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 166 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-30-2007, 10:45 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

everyone,
Sorry I haven't posted for a while. It's just that I've had restrictions for a while and been unable to do anything. No lifting, bending, twisting or driving
All i've been able to do is Therefore have really had nothing to report, I have been soooo bored. I have been keeping up with all you guys and am so touched that I've been missed...thankyou all so much for caring. Can just send each and every one of you
a huge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2007, 10:58 AM

Hi ladies! Thanks for being so welcoming! Nice to see you, Lucky2BeHealthy.

I am feeling pretty good, feel like my HRT (Premarin) maybe kicked in, have been on it for two weeks. I was on HRT before the surgery but it was a combined one and obviously had more than a week without anything, before resuming the Premarin which is oestrogen only. Good tip about reading Hormone Jungle though, will take a look.

I still feel rather woolly-headed around general things, fine to drive but am being extra careful, taking it easy and only doing short hops in the car (all I ever do anyway which suits me fine). Hadn't thought of it in terms of the anaesthesia though, but at almost six weeks out?

You ladies are something else, with all your gym stuff and fitting into skinny jeans. I feel pretty fluffy, as you say - do I ever love that word! - and am still in the tracky bottoms as they are comfortable on the incision. But am having longer and longer periods of time when I almost forget that I had the operation!

Just saw a copy of the evening newspaper in a newsagent saying something about our Prince Charles flying off somewhere on holiday with his wife the Duchess of Cornwall - whose hyster was a couple of weeks after me - to Scotland I think, so not that far (have to wait till DH comes home with the paper) - obviously flying for her is allowed then - it is a private plane though and unfortunately I am not going anywhere at the moment though wouldn't fancy flying right now anyway!

Louise
Unread 03-30-2007, 11:07 AM

Hello Happynow how are you? Was it a prolapse that you were suffering from?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2007, 11:12 AM

for you Happynow! Glad you're back and sounds like you're on the mend once again.
Unread 03-30-2007, 11:15 AM

Hey ladies! I am so sorry I haven't been able to post. I have been so busy here at work. I just wanted to pop in and say hello.

I saw my GP today and she said I look better than I have in the last 5 years so that was refreshing. I hope you all have a great weekend and I hope to read over all your posts and log in this weekend.
Unread 03-30-2007, 11:25 AM

Hi girls, yes it's a prolapse....
I started physio and I'm hoping it won't need surgery (surgery has a 25% failure rate!), but will be on long term restrictions for lifting and certain excersises.
I still have swelly belly but just when I think it's less, up it pops again!!!
But girls other than that, things are improving.
It is so good to read all that you are all doing, it makes me feel that there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Good to talk to you all.
Bye for now.....but I will be here.. (boy I wish I could move like him!!!)
Unread 03-30-2007, 12:24 PM

Happy Now - so glad you are on the mend again.

On the Couch - Thanks Caroline for the good thoughts. I was at the school this morning because they performed for the 5th graders. All the kids did a really great job. I am so proud of my son. The red vest the woman made for him came out great. I am going to buy her a box of chocolates to thank her. I have been thinking about you since I have not seen you post so much and was wondering how you are doing? To me it is a very slow process? Now am I suppose to post that on the other thread? It does get a little confusing.

I think we are all starting to get spring fever even though I am still not allowed to lift or bend for another 1 1/2 weeks then I will do it slowly. Because I have had so much back and right leg pain problems which I guess being so sedentary the past 7 weeks has beome worse I am going to see the neurologist on April 10 to discuss getting the shots in my back. I want all pain gone and to truly be back to normal and do what I want to do.

Hope everyone has a great day. My 13 (almost 14) has a school dance tonight.

Caroline - How did the birthday party at Chucky Cheese go and are you back to doing everything? When you get a chance please let me know what restaurants are by the Rockaway Mall. One of my closest friends (we have been friends since I was 16) lives about 1 1/2 hours away from me and we are going to try to meet in the middle when we are both feeling up to it. She slipped on the ice a few weeks ago and can't drive now because she broke her wrist. So I know there are some places right by the mall but I can't remember the names of them.

Bookah212 - So glad to hear you are doing so well. It must have felt great when the dr said you haven't looked this good in 5 years. Congratulations!

I am still hoping some of us can get together somewhere in the middle maybe sometime towards the end of May or beginning of June before everyone gets busy with their summer plans.

I truly do think we are an amazing bunch of women.
Unread 03-30-2007, 12:27 PM

On the couch - I hope you check the other site. I left you a long message and will also say thanks for the good wishes for my son's show. Hope you are doing well. Do you ever go to the Crossings Mall up by me?

To everyone fitting in their skinny jeans - Congratulations!!!!

Everyone have a great day and will talk later.
Unread 03-30-2007, 12:30 PM

Hi to all. I been doing some spring cleaning today. Made a cake and now I am just relaxing for a bit. Feeling ok sore but better than I have been. I hope to be going back to work soon. I am also scared about going back. My job is very phisacal sorry can't spell it. I can work up to 7 days a week fun fun. Well hope you all havea great day bye!
Unread 03-30-2007, 02:07 PM

Hi Princess48 - Have not seen you post for a while. Glad you are doing so well. I think you should ask your dr about how physical you can be when you go back to work just to make sure you don't do anything to hurt yourself. Since I still have a week and a half before I can lift or bend I can't do any spring cleaning yet. It is a little frustrating. Take care.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register