LSH Video of surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

LSH Video of surgery LSH Video of surgery

Unread 03-22-2005, 10:38 AM
LSH Video of surgery

For those of you that can handle surgery type stuff, I found a website that has videotaped the entire surgery! It uses Real Player, so if you don't have it you can download it for free. It takes a little while to get the video loaded, but it will give you an appreciation for the phrase "you might be a bit sore". I found it to be interesting, scary and informative. I go in for my LSH on March 29, so it wasn't so bad that I changed my mind!
View at your own discretion.

http://www.or-live.com/borgess/1205/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2005, 02:18 PM
LSH Video of surgery

Yuck!! I could only look for a second... but I bet this would be a great viewing for those sturdy individuals can can handle it. My sister has a 3 month uterus, and doesn't want to do the hysterectomy. The site also shows other options. Thanks!
Unread 03-22-2005, 03:24 PM
LSH Video of surgery

Hehehehe....call me morbid,but as a medical professional who has seen more than I care to over the years and the fact that the workings of the body fascinate me.....that was wayyyyyyyy cool...Thank you for the link...I wish they'd have had a TAH procedure there...just to kinda see part of what I went thru.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2005, 05:28 PM
LSH Video of surgery

lreid,

I watched that same video prior to my LSH. I always thought I was squeamish, but I guess since it was what I was about to go through myself I paid close attention. I didn't find it hard to watch at all. I had been surfing the web for pictures prior to that. After seeing a picture of a TAH incision clamped open I prayed for laparoscopic surgery!

I jokingly tell people the Dr's played foosball in my abdomen. The incision where the morcellator was used was very bruised (red and purplish). The rest of my abdomen had pastel colored green and yellowish bruises. The only time I felt the bruises was when somehow I pushed on them. Other than that I found the surgery not to be painful. When I awoke in recovery my pain score was zero. A few hours later after swelling and bruising increased I was a little uncomfortable. I told them my pain score was a 2, maybe 3. I had IV Toradol (super NSAID) while overnight in the hospital, and only required Motrin thereafter. The only time the incisions smarted was when I twisted my torso to get in and out of bed. I found the whole surgery and recovery to be very easy to handle.

I am so glad to be on the post-op side and feeling great. My back problems disappeared, and I no longer have the gas, pain, pressure and severe bleeding from my fibroids.

I wish you the very best and will pray you will have a comfortable time at this! Remember what all of us post-oppers say "the waiting is the worst!"

Linda
Unread 03-22-2005, 07:16 PM
LSH Video of surgery

Hi Ireid,

Thanks for posting the link for the LSH hyst.

I am 11 months post-op now from my LSH and unfortunately, I "faint" at the site of my own blood&%$#@, so I probably will not check it out. I am such a baby!!

And, I am ~very~ glad you posted it for ladies to look at!!

Best wishes,

Mary
Unread 03-22-2005, 07:34 PM
LSH Video of surgery

THank you so much ! That made me feel better, oddly enough. Oddly enough had a laprascopic sugery 11/04. I have pics and my endo is like 20 times worse.... So now I have NO doubts! THANK YOU THANK YOU!
Unread 03-22-2005, 07:56 PM
LSH Video of surgery

Very cool video. I'm glad that you posted it.

Patti
Unread 03-22-2005, 08:12 PM
LSH Video of surgery

I am having a LAVH in the morning, but this was interesting to see.....these are some talented people to manipulate the instruments as they do!
Unread 03-22-2005, 10:55 PM
LSH Video of surgery

Thank you for posting this!! I found that to be VERY informative and interesting.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register