tomorrow is looming. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

tomorrow is looming. tomorrow is looming.

Unread 09-02-2013, 08:28 AM
tomorrow is looming.

So im scheduled to have my LSH in the morning. That being said, surgeon said he would start with that procedure but as I've had 2 previous c sections, I may need a full abdominal hysterectomy if the scar tissue is too close to the bladder. Im due to have a total hysterectomy due to my diabetes control and severe pms. Im busy running my own childcare business and still have my bag to pack. Have also just found our that my son is due his first day in college tomorrow too. Have to make sure my other son has new lunch box etc for school as he returns on Thursday. Im dreading leaving in the morning. On top of this my mum lives with me and I'm her carer. Thinking of cancelling my op until life slows down a bit but then again, as soon as its done and ive recovered, the sooner I can move forward without being pulled down 2 weeks each month. ...sorry for moaning. Just needed to 'talk'....good luck to all who are also having surgery. Will post again as soon as I can. Xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-02-2013, 09:36 AM
Re: tomorrow is looming.

I. Understand the fear here! It will be over before you know it I am sure. I have had mornings I wake up and am scared to death then by the end of the day I am looking forward to it again because im back to hurting. Lol. So just try to stay positive and focus on why you are having it done! Wish I had more advice.
Unread 09-02-2013, 10:11 AM

Thank you. I know exactly what you mean....just want the next few months over. ...will post again when it's done. Xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-02-2013, 03:06 PM

Hi gaynzie -

No need to apologize for the 'moaning' about your current life situation and your surgery. Where else will you find a group of ladies who understand!

Only you can answer the question of whether or not you can do surgery tomorrow, with the required downtime, versus how much your life is disrupted given your current situation.

BUT, whenever you do this MAJOR surgery you will need some time to rest and heal. You have to think of recovery in terms of weeks, not days. This applies even if you have LSH, and even more so if you have open abdominal surgery. You will also be VERY EXHAUSTED after this surgery, and you will need help around the house with cooking, cleaning, dishes, laundry, shopping, driving, etc. You will not be able to drive for probably 2 weeks. You will not be able to lift anything greater than 10 lbs for 6 weeks.

Recovery will disrupt your life, and you an only SLOWLY move back into it when your body is ready. How long that will take is unpredictable.

Just know that you are not alone, and we are here for you. We will support whatever decision you make.

Unread 09-02-2013, 03:22 PM

I wish I could show how appreciative I am for all the support and advice you give. Feeling very sorry for myself atm. Going ahead with surgery but feeling very alone.....However, tomorrow is the beginning of the rest of my life. Thank you x
Unread 09-02-2013, 09:21 PM

Oh Gay...I will say an extra prayer for you tonight. I am scared too...my surgery is on the 17th...so...I totally understand what you are feeling. I will be looking for your notes on here to get the good news of how you are doing!! Sometimes we are so overwhelmed taking care of everyone else, that we have a hard time stopping and taking care of ourselves. I understand that feeling too!! Sleep well tonight and God Bless.
Unread 09-05-2013, 03:36 PM

Just to let you all know. ....its over and I'm home! Surgery a success. Im up and walking around and doc thinks I will be fine in a few weeks. Thank you for all your help....im now off to the post op area. ....please don't worry. The day following surgery, I felt like a new woman. Good luck all x
Unread 09-05-2013, 03:52 PM

Gay..I am so HAPPY you are doing so well!!!! I will run over to post-op to follow you along, but, wanted you to get this message before you left. What a relief for you, and, us. I hope you continue to improved quickly..just take it easy...remember right now it is "ME FIRST"!!! Hard to wrap yourself around but necessary!! Good Luck and God Bless.
Unread 09-05-2013, 04:08 PM

Ty! My tummy is swollen and ive justice read its down to wind and doing too much. ...so will take your advice. Keep in touch xx

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register