HELP: Upcoming hysterectomy 11/4 - Advocate/ spouse allowed with you before surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

HELP: Upcoming hysterectomy 11/4 - Advocate/ spouse allowed with you before surgery HELP: Upcoming hysterectomy 11/4 - Advocate/ spouse allowed with you before surgery

Unread 10-27-2020, 07:08 AM
HELP: Upcoming hysterectomy 11/4 - Advocate/ spouse allowed with you before surgery

Hello everyone.... I'm really nervous about going into the hospital without my spouse/advocate. I am hoping that we will be able to be together until I am taken back for surgery and that she will be there in post op recovery. I've been told by the surgery scheduler, that I would be dropped off at the door and no one could go with me. Anyone else have this experience/concern? During my hystoscopy, I went in alone and remembered nothing coming out, received no verbal discharge instructions, just wheeled to the car by a tech. Any conversation regarding this would be greatly appreciated. I have Pre-Op this afternoon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2020, 08:11 PM
Re: HELP: Advocate/ spouse allowed with you before surgery

Hi ymmiller -

I hope your pre-op went well.

Unfortunately, in the age of COVID19, hospitals are placing many similiar restrictions on patients. You may not be able to have your wife with you before or after surgery. I also understand how important it is to have that extra set of ears, and I am sure that it will be unnerving as well as frustrating not to be able to have that support. From some of the posts I have read, the hospital staff is well aware of all of this and are extra attentive when possible.

Maybe ask for written instructions, or perhaps your wife can call in and your doctor can go over everything together with you both.

Just know that you are not alone in this.

Unread 10-28-2020, 12:23 AM
HELP: Upcoming hysterectomy 11/4 - Advocate/ spouse allowed with you before surgery

Hi and thank you SO MUCH for responding. The Pre-Op appt. went well and the Dr. went over all of the information and my wife was able to call in. The Dr. was not sure if she would able to be there before I go in as policy has recently changed to allow 1 person to be there. We will say a little prayer and hope that all goes well.

Thank you again,

Yolanda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2020, 01:41 PM
Re: HELP: Upcoming hysterectomy 11/4 - Advocate/ spouse allowed with you before surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymmiller View Post
Hello everyone.... I'm really nervous about going into the hospital without my spouse/advocate. I am hoping that we will be able to be together until I am taken back for surgery and that she will be there in post op recovery. I've been told by the surgery scheduler, that I would be dropped off at the door and no one could go with me. Anyone else have this experience/concern? During my hystoscopy, I went in alone and remembered nothing coming out, received no verbal discharge instructions, just wheeled to the car by a tech. Any conversation regarding this would be greatly appreciated. I have Pre-Op this afternoon.
Hello,

I had a D& C with a scope 2 weeks ago and my hysterectomy is scheduled 11/4! When I had the D & C with scope, my spouse was with me until I was wheeled away from the pre surgery area. Then he was in the waiting room after I recovered and took me to my car with the technician. I hope you can have your spouse with you as well for your surgery.
Best of Luck to you!
Unread 10-28-2020, 01:54 PM

Thank you for sharing. So far it looks as if I may have to go it alone. I'm still praying for a different outcome.

Thanks again,

Yolanda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register