Considering hyster for horrible bleeding & pain with adenomyosis - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Considering hyster for horrible bleeding & pain with adenomyosis Considering hyster for horrible bleeding & pain with adenomyosis

Unread 05-15-2011, 08:49 AM
Re: Considering hyster for horrible bleeding & pain with adenomyosis

HI -- Because of the internal bleeding I was extremely weak..I thought it was because I just came home from my lavh..which wasn't the case. I was also bleeding..not hemmoraging - so again, I thought it was normal due to the surgery. During the night I was getting up to pee constantly - and each time it hurt more and more. I thought maybe I was getting a UTI ..by morning I could hardly stand up. The pain was thru the roof and I passed out 3 times - I was alone with my kids - both teenagers. My son called 911. My blood pressure had dropped really really low. When I was in the emergency room the dr there suspected internal bleeding and possible hematoma. An ultrasound - internal - UGH!! confirmed it. I guess it is not uncommon to develop hematomas - especially after lavh. However, mine was growing because I was bleeding internally. It was kind of a nightmare, but at the time I was too sick to really think about it..that surgery took longer than my lavh, and I have a 6 inch bikini line incision, and I had a drain placed. I was in the hospital 4 days - on constant antibiotics, and 2 blood transfusions. Scary. If you are in a lot of pain - or you are bleeding, DEFINITELY call your dr or just go to the emergency room. TAKE CARE!
Melanie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-15-2011, 09:20 AM
Re: Considering hyster for horrible bleeding & pain with adenomyosis

Melzijune

I've had 3 episodes of bleeding ....one was just glood running down my legs, the 2nd one was large clots...the size of oranges and golf balls....the last one was the worst....it started with a steady stream of blood then it changed over to like a thick paste then it changed over to clots! I passed out before I could get to the phone and call 911. Oh by the way this last episode was at 6 wks post op. I was home alone and woke up on the bathroom floor...very scary!!

I finally got to the phone and called 911. They got to my house really fast. My blood pressure was 70/52, it took them 3 times to get it because it was so low. Got to the hospital and had to have more surgery to put in more stitches vaginally.

After reading several post today I'm wondering if it was a hematoma. The doctor never said it was... just said I had a vaginal tear, but how I have not ANYTHG to have a vaginal tear!!! I now wondering if I have a vein that was knicked and that's what's causing the bleeding. I am so scared I'm going to bleed again! I don't have any symptoms before I bleed just a little stomach cramping is all I've noticed. It will be a week tomorrow since my new stitches, the longest I've gone without the bleeding disaster is 10 days!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register