oh my gosh | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-19-2004, 03:56 PM
oh my gosh

Hi everyone. I have ea question. I found out I had a bad pap 4 weeks ago, had a cols. came back level 2 and 3 this was on friday we talked said a hysterectomy would be best I have tubes tied and 2 children heres the thing I have read a lot of storys and it seems like a lot of women have had weeks to months to prepare. He called today and said we are going to do this on Tuesday my pre op is this thursaday, Why so quick was any one elsde this quick??????
Confused
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-19-2004, 04:08 PM
oh my gosh

Ok ,here's my opinion only. I would love to have gone in right away, than I wouldn't have had time to stress out, and rethink my decission over and over and over. Once you have decided to do this , the sooner the better. Of course it all depends on if your insurance will cover it,if you can get the time off work, and gets your kids daycare organized. I got called 4 days before I was to go in, and it was awesome, until they cancelled the day before and rescheualed me for two weeks later. The waiting was the worst.
GOod luck
Unread 10-20-2004, 07:15 AM
oh my gosh

Hi laurie230;
I saw my GYN on January 6th and had my surgery on January 8th. I sensed "urgency" as my doctors were cautiously optimistic about what they were seeing on my CT SCAN and MRI and CA-125 tests.
You could just be lucky and got a fast surgery date. Perhaps there was a cancelation for that day. I do think if there is something your doctor is seeing he or she would let you know.
I think you can take a deep breath and try not to worry about it so much. ( easier said then done right?)
I actually thought going so quick was a good thing, I didn't have any time to think about it.

Best wishes to you!

Sybie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2004, 07:44 AM
oh my gosh

Hi!! I too had my surgery quickly after seeing my doctor. I went in on a Thurs. and had my surgery the following Mon. I had so many things going on, and my doctor didnt really have any idea what her was going to find when he went in. I had these complex cysts on my right ovary, and I had fluid in my abdomen. I am kinda glad that it happened so fast because I would have driven myself crazy with worry if I would have had to wait weeks or months. Please try to relax and be thankful that you have a doctor who is being so aggressive with your care. I hope everything goes well!!
Unread 10-20-2004, 07:55 AM
oh my gosh

I had surgery 10 days after seeing Dr - would have been sooner but Dr was scheduled to take son to college and had to wait on him to return, of course I knew this was the Dr I wanted to do the surgery so I was not panicked to get second opion and insurance approved in less than 72 Hr. Dr also advised I not wait to long for my surgery as I was already having trouble bending my leg caused by Brenner tumour on ovary, my health was declining quick. It really depends on what you have going on and the Dr schedule as well as insurance, I was at peace with what was going on so I just went for it - no looking back, feeling great 6 weeks post op now. Ask queations and make sure you are comfortable with what is going on - good luck.
Unread 10-20-2004, 09:29 AM
oh my gosh

Thanks its so nice to have all these women here with the samr things going on. I bet I have lost 10 pounds in just a few days good thing I guess that I dont have to wait to long I think I would go crazy although wouldnt mind losing more weight.lol. My dr hasnt said if he thinks there is anything else but last year I had a dnc with a historostopy and he said he saw a tuma but it did not look like anything to worry about. I didnt think anything of it becasue I have never had a problem I hope they dont find anything else and if he does I hope that it wasnt something that could have been taken care of last year.
6 days and counting
thanks again to everyone
Unread 10-20-2004, 11:01 AM
oh my gosh

Laurie:

You and I have the same surgury date. I saw my Dr. on Oct. 1, had an ultrasound on Oct. 6th which revealed ovarian tumors, bi-laterally (on both ovaries); had a CT scan the following day, surgery was scheduled on that day for the 26th; I had follow up with my Dr. on the 18th along with my pre-op, so I am ready to go. There was no "rush" as such, but the Dr. just had an opening.

I agree with many of the other posters, the faster the operation the better, so I don't drive myself crazy thinking about the what ifs.

I am ready and truely hope there are no issues which cause the cancelation of the surgery.

We can get through this!

Michele

P.s. I wish I was losing weight, I think I found the 10 pounds one of you lost! :

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register