Freaking out a bit.. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Freaking out a bit.. Freaking out a bit..

Unread 01-13-2013, 06:15 PM
Freaking out a bit..

T,or row I go in for a colposcopy and possible biopsy, and then on the 22nd I got for my hysterectomy... I a more scared for tomorrow than I am my surgery!!! Help me relax... Anyone have a colposcopy and biopsy done prior to hyster?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2013, 06:28 PM
Re: Freaking out a bit..

Not really right before I was scheduled for surgery....but if I'm thinking of the right procedure I've had one. I have hpv and after the abnormal paps I believe that's what they have me to make sure no cancer. If that's what I'm thinking of....it really wasn't bad at all
Unread 01-13-2013, 06:29 PM

I did not require the colposcopy but the biopsy I insisted be done during my surgery next week.
I have been told Motrin(Ibuprofen) is helpful if take prior to the procedure.

Best wishes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2013, 06:34 PM

BTW my doctor was fine with the biopsy being done during surgery. He said that most pt's want to know their cancer status b4 surgery. I told him he was taking it out anyway so why should I worry for weeks and still have the same result...hysterectomy!?!

sending your way!
Unread 01-13-2013, 07:37 PM

I've had both procedures. For the biopsy you definitely need to take 600 mg of motrin before hand. That will help with the cramping. I'm not going to lie the cramping is bad but it only lasts for a few seconds. I went right back to work after I had mine. You will bleed a little for a few days but it's not bad.

As for the colonoscopy you will be pretty out of it for that. But that depends on the type of anesthesia they use. Some doctors give you more of a twilight rather than put you completely out. I had a twilight but my DH was completely out for his. You will be fine for both. The bowel prep for the colonoscopy was way worse than the procedure. Hang in there. You will be just fine for both.
Unread 01-13-2013, 08:30 PM

I had one doc in a practice pushing for biopsy .. even though I knew I was more than likely going to have to have a hysterectomy. There was no "reasoning" (no family history or other indications of cancer, normal pap etc), staing that "if I had cancer it would change the way they did the hysterectomy and the cancer treatment". The other doc (the one who I felt more comfortable with) did not feel the need for a biopsy, and agreed that it would be done after the surgery during pathology. I have to admit I did not ask too many questions of my doc about the whole op, after reading these boards it seems everyone was so much more informed than me about their issues and the actual op. You may not get ALL the answers, but ask your doc what you need to, and feel comfortable with the answers or ask again. We all "freaked out a little" .. some "more than a little .. you will be just fine!!
Unread 01-14-2013, 12:31 AM

I had a colposcopy with biopsy done in Sept and a hysterectomy in Oct. The main reason for doing the colposcopy was to confirm no cancer in my cervix. The type of hysterectomy would be different if cancer was found. Fortunately,no cancer was found and I was able to have a total hysterectomy leaving only my ovaries.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register