Stenotic Cervix - considering hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Stenotic Cervix - considering hysterectomy Stenotic Cervix - considering hysterectomy

Unread 03-24-2014, 11:32 AM
Stenotic Cervix - considering hysterectomy

Hello all. I've got so many questions, and thanks in advance for y'alls help.
I'm 48, and I've had heavy, painful cycles my whole life. Had ablation 10 years ago for severe, debilitating painful periods, with very heavy bleeding. It helped for a while, but just like they told me, the tissue will grow back.
I also have spotting during ovulation. every. single. annoying. month!
Last fall I had an ultrasound and attempted hysteroscopy and biopsy. Only a small amt of endo tissue was seen. But, the cervix was so closed that the saline wouldn't go in...it all just ran right out and the whole thing was extremely painful. We had to abort the procedure; didn't get a look inside the uterus, and didn't get biopsy. "We'll just wait and see what happens." Of course, something did.
In February I had excruciating cramps, without bleeding, for one day and was told to go to the ER, but I couldn't leave my fetal position. Then 3 days later, lots of clots. Had another ultrasound and discovered a very small spot in my uterus that wasn't there last fall.
Then in March I had 4 days of cramps, then one day of bleeding, then on, then off, then on, then off...you get the point. Seems as if the cervix is so closed, it won't let anything go easily.
I've scheduled a hysterectomy consult for April 2. At this point, I'm ready for a hysterectomy. I've been told there really isn't any other option appropriate for me. I'm not naive about it, and I've been doing my research. Just ready for the pain to end.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2014, 01:39 PM
Re: Stenotic Cervix - considering hyst

It sounds like that is the best option for you! It's come to that for me as well. If nothing else has worked I say you are doing the best thing you can for your body. I haven't had my procedure yet but these forms are extremely helpful in letting you know how much better people feel after they have had a hysterectomy. I mean you get the rare instances but that's for everything! Good luck on April 2nd! I'm having my Hysterectomy April 8th so around that same week.
Let us know how the appointment goes.
Lisa
Unread 03-24-2014, 07:45 PM
Re: Stenotic Cervix - considering hyst

Oh my! Your date is coming up quick! I'll be watching for an update from you. Good luck!

Anyone have an opinion on this:
I read somewhere that you should take your husband/significant other with you to the consult so he can understand what is going on and what is going to happen. My husband is SO naive when it comes to the human body, and I'm afraid when he hears all the details it will sort of freak him out/confuse him even more, and I really have no patience for trying to educate him on all this stuff. Not sure I want him there.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register