Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 112 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-08-2007, 07:36 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Simplyme, I haven't had a problem with insomnia, but I used to have major problems with it when I was going through menopause a few years ago. You really should discuss this with your doctor. You need to heal, and there's no better medecine than a long, deep sleep. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2007, 07:38 AM

Bopper, don't feel wussy. I just did 3 miles (6 laps) in the cool morning air. I was feeling good and then the pesky left breast area pain kicked in again. I am not happy about it because I know I am a generally healthy person. Before the surgery I walked 14 miles on a Saturday and 6 miles the next day in a training walk w/one sister and her buddies as they get ready for the 60 mile 3 day cancer walk later this month in our area. So I know I can walk and not get pain. It's GOT to be related to the surgery, it MUST be because I didn't feel it before............unless the anesthesia destroyed more than just my brain cells. (** ** hopefully just kidding).... So if you had 'the works' done, then I'm sure there is a LOT of healing that has to go on inside your body. I only had the uterus and cervix taken out and look at me. I had light (very, very almost you couldn't see light) discharge yesterday and I am sure it was from going to work for a few hours on Monday.

Today I am staying around the home working on syllabi here. Good luck to me as my brain is d-e-a-d. Walking is mindlessly easy. Sitting here thinking of activities and assignments and scoring rubrics for a new class is almost impossible. Luck to me. And a good Wednesday again to all of you as you continue to heal. Drink lots of water and take it easy.

E.

55/TVH/CIN3/CIS good path report
Unread 08-08-2007, 07:53 AM

Thanks, E, I needed to hear that. What would I do without my HysterSisters? Have a great day, everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2007, 08:19 AM
Simlyme

You sound just like me. I went to the doctor and she prescribed me Lunesta in order to sleep. For me it was every night I could not sleep until wee hours of the morning and then I still only slept 2 hours at a time before waking up again. What's even funnier is that this Lunesta is supposed to keep you asleep for 7-8 hours. Well, this hormone thing is pretty tough. I go down 4 hours at a time. It's much better than 1 or 2. I wake up and usually fall back to sleep within 45 minutes and wake up in 1 1/2 to 2 hours later. At least I am getting 4 straight hours. IT'S ALL HORMONES.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyme
The past few days I have felt much better other than a few aches and pains that remind me I just had surgery 3 weeks ago but the insomnia is terrible!! Two days this week of not getting to sleep til 3:30am and 4:30 am. Then I have ad to get up by 6:30.
Today i have appointments for window cleaner here and the refrigerator repair man. I do not have the oportunity to go back to bed til after 1:30 pm.
Anyone else out there with this problem?????
Simply Me
Unread 08-08-2007, 09:08 AM

Wanted to let everyone know that those of us 3 - 4 weeks post op still have to take it easy. I've been recovering so nicely, only took pain pains for two days once I got home, didn't have any bleeding, felt pretty good the next week. Well today for the first time I had some blood when I wiped. I heard from this site that that could be normal but thought I'd call anyways. The nurse said yes it could be normal but to call back if it continues. Seems like it is my bodies way of saying that I am doing too much. And I have to admit I have. But I have been good and have not lifted more than 10 lbs and have not vacumed. But I have done other cleaning and probably bend over to much and going up and down the stairs all day. I was going to go to work today for a half a day, but I guess my body says I shouldn't. I was going to go in yesterday but we got this big rain storm (Cleveland area) and so many areas were flooded, I decided not the risk it. And then today the spotting. I also had a little pain yesterday when I urinated which reminded me I have not been drinking my water.
So everyone please take it easy. I think we need to all definently take our 6 weeks off. Next week will be 5 weeks and I still plan on trying to work two half days, but if my body says no, then I will wait.
I thought since I only have an office job that it would be o.k to go go back to work. I felt guilty because I have been out a lot lately (which is maybe why I started spotting - my daughter and I went to lunch, Target, and I took her to get her hair cut and then stopped at the grocery store and then we visited my mother-in-law in the hospital and then saw a movie. - Wow - I guess I did do too much. I would have been better off going to work!
Debbie
Unread 08-08-2007, 09:12 AM
Hi, Debbiefej

Yes, it is interesting how the body reminds us to slow it down. I've written about the pesky left breast area chest ache i get when i do my laps. I get frustrated w/it because I did not have it pre surgery. And today now i've noticed my left lower gum/teeth are aching. Probably all that crunching i've been doing w/popcorn and salads! Phooey! You are right about the water. I ate my breakfast and did six laps (3 mi) this a.m. and felt good until the last lap, which frustrates me. Then I came in and chugged 16.9 ounces of water, which was good. I'm going to drink some more, too. I run around a lot, too............and got some very very hardly detectable discharge. I don't let it bug me as I'm used to it all since LEEP. Take care.........glad you checked w/your doc.
Unread 08-08-2007, 09:14 AM

Reliefisdue - it is 30 years anniversay for us. We renewed our vows at 25 years too, same church and same pastor (he was retired, but he came to do the ceremony). What a great idea to renew your vows on the anniversary of your first date!! Our first date was June 28 and we always remember that date too each year!
I was able to keep my ovaries because they looked good. I am 49 so I don't know when I am going to go through menopause. Maybe we can keep in touch and see how that goes for the both of us. Are you around my age?
Debbiefej
Unread 08-08-2007, 09:20 AM

elefante 64
I had spotting today for the first time. I was going to go into work this afternoon, but I think my body is telling me not to.
I think I have been doing too much. I walked on my treadmill yesterday because it was too hot to go out. Maybe that is why I'm having spotting today.
I guess I better take it easy today. I also haven't been drinking my water, so I guess I should do that too.
Maybe your discharge is telling you not to go back to work either.
Unread 08-08-2007, 09:38 AM

Well, I must go back to work by 8/22 and that will be 6 weeks post op.. my students will be kind to me. I know they will! I've already posted in the D2L that I had surgery this summer (how I spent MY summer vacation) and since most are from other countries (my main preps are ESL) they will be very loving and caring, I know. As long as I grade all their work!

Wish I had a treadmill for inside walking. That would be sweet! It is very hot and just won't rain here in the Twin Cities area. It's so sad.

You are right, though.........my body is yakking at me all the time. Happy Healing..............
Unread 08-08-2007, 11:36 AM
Sleep?

I went to the doctor (my PCP) and he informed me that my hormones are way off whack -- "Gee, really?" I said My husband too was in shock (LOL) He really felt sorry for me. He even showed me the numbers telling me how inconsistent they were and the best thing to do is see if I can wait it out for another 8 weeks until my body adjusts. I agreed and went straight the store to stock up on some kleenex!

He wouldn't even give me back my driving privileges due to the fact the cardiologist took them away I am waiting to hear from the dear to give me some good news very soon. My blood pressure is still very low and meds were reduced to see if that will bring it up again.

As far as sleep goes -- Wait -- I haven't slept in over two weeks. My doc prescribed some ambien. Tonight my poor honey will get some and so will I! SLEEP that is! I, too, would have no problem falling asleep, I would sleep sound for two or so hours and then wake up and stay up until 5:30 - 6 in the morning.

Has anyone out there had a yeast infection and didn't even know it until their postop? I found out last week and I think it's back. I don't want to go back to the surgeon and Iam not sure it's back or not. There's some pulling and a slight shooting sensation -- Sound familiar?

Have a cool day -- it's HHH here in CT.
Moe

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register