Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 117 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-09-2007, 09:31 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Nope, can't help with that question, Debbiefej. Maybe start a new thread in post op labeled 'smell' and see how people weigh in on it. It's good you called to check. I do notice an 'odor' when i have very faint tinging.... but I don't notice a strong smell unless i literally push my pad up to my face, which i don't recommend to anyone!

Take care.........good luck getting answers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2007, 09:32 AM

Good luck w/the post op appt. Gemini3. Let us know how it turns out.

Father of one of DD's used to use melatonin to sleep at night. He also said it was good.
Unread 08-09-2007, 10:26 AM

No problems with spotting or smell here, Debbie, so I'm afraid I can't help. However, it seems to me that you should call the doc again and mention the smell -- unless other Sisters are experiencing the same thing and know that it's normal. I think I'm going to have two good days in a row, which would be a first. Yeterday was great, and today I went for a half-hour walk in the woods. By the time I got home I was a little sore so I took 200 mg of Ibuprofen and put my feet up for 45 minutes, and that was all I needed. The walk in the woods was wonderful. I find being out enjoying Mother Nature is very therapeutic. I always take my camera along because it forces me to slow down and enjoy the beauty. Good luck, Debbie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2007, 11:15 AM

I do love to cook. It has been alot of casseroles and easy foods in the crock pot lately tho!

How did your appointment go? I hope well, I know when I wasn't able to drive it drove me nuts!!!

It is beautiful in WI Aweful dry here right now tho!
Simply Me
Unread 08-09-2007, 11:33 AM
question

debbiefej- I also had a vag hyster on the 13th. At 2and a half weeks I still had a brown discharge. Quite a bit I thought and it started to have a foul odor. By the time I went in to the DR at almost 3 weeks he did a vag exam(ouch) and yes, I did indeed have a vag cuff infection! I was very tired and had zero energy also. It was a switch because I had too much energy from day 3 after surgery.(that got me in trouble a few times)
I go for my 4 week check tomorrow. I have been on cephalexin 500mg 4 times daily since last Thursday.
36 hours after taking it...I felt back to my normal self

My moto is: You are paying your DR for a service. They would rather know your concerns that not know.

If you have not called... i would. It may be an infection and it is better to catch it early.

Hope you feel better!
Unread 08-09-2007, 12:08 PM

Hi everyone. I haven't posted in a while becuse I've been working. My recovery has been great. No one can believe I had a TAH on July 9. I went back to work on the 25th. I have my own privete practice (Clinical psychologist) so I just scheduled in a couple of patients. I started my other job (in a school) on Aug 1st. Students came in today, so I've just had meetings, workshops, etc. I must say...I still have swelly belly. Towards the end of the day I look a little bit pregnant. I do tire easily. At around 11:00 I go back home and rest. However, on Mon. I'm supposed to stay from 7:30-3:00. I won't be seeing patients in my office after school, because I don't think my body or mind can take it just yet. I've been driving short distances since week 3. Overall, good recovery and looking forward to not having the swelly belly.
Take care,
Ashley
Unread 08-09-2007, 12:24 PM

Wow, that's great news/great recovery, Ashleyluz! You have two jobs, too! I can't imagine, and I 'only' had TVH v. your TAH!! I'm glad you recovered so nicely and also glad no nasty storms out your way have materialized so that you have had a peaceful time of it out on 'la isla' as you heal. I still get swelly sometimes by nightfall and sometimes I even wake up and still can't 'suck in' like I did pre-surgery. You sound in great shape. Thanks for checking in.

Take care..............E.
Unread 08-09-2007, 12:43 PM

Elefante, you are funny. Pad to your face!
I haven't seen a drop of blood since one wk before surgery. Then again, I had the LSH. Anyway, I did get a yeast infection (or so they say) prob from the anti-biotics in my IV. I don't know if it was that or not, but I stopped itching in there. I am also careful to use only sensitive dove or sensitive oil of olay on all my skin. That helps a lot. Those deodorant soaps can burn. I haven't had my pelvic yet, but went in as u know a couple of wks ago to look at my 2 half inch incisions and tell me what was found. I have a whole bunch of ? for his a** when I go back since it is the last visit. I am going back to work next wed. Only complaint I really have is a little swelly belly at night and I AM TIRED>
It was 102 here yesterday and now it is 98 and I am going to do a few laps on the sidewalk. It is a couple of trees out there though. I still don't sweat except for between my (36D, TMI) and a little on my tummy lip just like pre-op. I try and walk every other day at least. I am not obsessive like elefante though.........LOL
Unread 08-09-2007, 12:53 PM
checking in

Ashleyluz- WOW, you are doing great! Working already sounds like you watch yourself and don't allow yourself to overdo it.

elefante64- You are doing great also, and you always have a way of keeping us on the group upbeat, yet making us aware of what our bodies have gone through.

I am a RN, but not on the floor. I teach outreach programs for a hospital. When teaching, i am on my feet for 3-5 hours straight. I go back the 21st.

I am in pants today that DO NOT have an elastic waist band!!! I still have the swelly belly but notice it sweels more in the eve or when I am more active that day. I am still cautious when pulling in my stomach as I get twinges of slight pain...and I don't want it to get worse.

It is sad that I am finding it easier to relax now that I am almost 4 weeks post op. I couldn't sit for the first 2 weeks. The entire 3rd week I delt with the infection symptoms. Now, when I will probably be released from the DR tomorrow, I want to still be able to have the permission so to speak... to take it easy
The crying jigs have stopped. I slept great last night with taking Advil PM before bed. Hope that helps with the insomnia I was having.
This forum has taught me so much. thanks to all who have shared their stories, aches and pains. It has helped me to learn what is normal and not normal.

Simply Me
Unread 08-09-2007, 12:57 PM

Good luck, or should I say: Stay prayful, Gemini. Let's us know. I only met my surgeon once before I decided on the surgery. My regular GYN only did the TAH. Then I saw him before surgery, that night, that morning @ release and then my first post-op. He is an alright guy. The conversations got less & less each time. After the surgery, I just asked about the surgery and the right ovary thing.
Law, be careful with those melatonin. I did research on them last night. Shoot, I research everything cause I am home......LOL. I might get some after my son goes back to college (yr 2) since I have a hard time sleeping when he leaves. It is just he and I. BF lives about 20min away. I am divorced. Anyway, this little pill will work. I will get the 3mg, but they say don't use everynight or eventually they will stop working. Also, they may be good for IBS and your immune system. Walgreens have them.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register