Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 20 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-18-2007, 01:38 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

I agree on the focus problem. My brain is just so fuzzy. I only take 1 darvocet before I go to bed but I may try to skip it tonight. Dh goes back to work tomorrow so I need to be a little more clear headed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2007, 02:13 PM

Phillipians446 - My MD said since I still had one ovary that I didn't need any hormones. I go back to see him on Aug. 7 and plan to ask him then what preparations I should make for an early menopause. The strange thing is that I was going 3 and 4 months at a time without having a period before my surgery. MD said it was that the pill was thinning out my uterine lining and that's why no periods, but with fibroids I would think I would have had even more bleeding. I'm looking for a separate forum to post this question, but if anyone has any thoughts about lack of periods at age 37, I would like to hear them.

It's good that you are listening to your body, Phil. It will let you know when it's ready to venture out!
hurrydog
Unread 07-18-2007, 02:19 PM

Captain crunch,

I can relate to you about dh. My 13yr. old ds offers more support than dh. I'm on week 3 and I just wanted to let you all know, I was doing too much, even this far along. Jennice41 tried to warn me! I came down with a nasty flu-like virus, chest cold and diarrhea. Our defenses are down, so make sure you rest, when your tired and listen to your body. I haven't been sick in so long, so I know it must have been that I was doing too much too soon. Going to the grocery store alone, beach w/friends, restaurants. There's lots of time to do that stuff, later! Been watching lots of movies, netflix. "Golden Bowl" was really good chic flick, "Cold Comfort Farm" real good, "Mothman Prophecy" awesome!

As for dh, I don't depend on him anymore for health issues. He can't be there for me, cause he hates illness, hospitals etc. I can't even begin to figure out why, but it makes me a stronger person all the more. I get the feeling he thinks I'm a hypochondriac, but I know I just got dealt a "bumb deal" when they handed out bodies! So thank the Lord I can vent on here. We're not all alone ladies! And it is a blessing when we can be supportive of each other! Take care gals!

Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2007, 02:54 PM

Men just suck in general! OK, OK....sorry but ya know....I've done the dishes, laundry and even cleaned the shower. (I asked him to clean out the shower in our laundry room as it has a built in seat and thought that would be nice for me right about now). But he does do all the cooking. I do love that. (plus he works 12 hours a day).

I haven't ventured out as I'm afraid of getting dizzy and falling. I am pretty much alone here except for my bf's 12 yr old son, but he pretty much avoids me.
Tomorrow is my post-op and looks like I'll be driving an hour each way by myself to go....(sigh).

I even thought about going back to work next week (a week earlier than supposed to) and he said I should stay home and paint the bedroom!!! ARGHHHH!!! I could have slapped him and said ok, lets take your testicles off and while we're at it a few other organs inside ya, and see if you feel like f$%^&* painting the bedroom!! UGH, getting myself a little worked up right now. Hmmm, maybe a walk outdoors w/ some fresh air is just what I need.

Have I mentioned I love this sight? You all are so wonderful!! THanks for letting me vent (dang , didn't know it was bothering me that much till I reread it. OOPS!!)
Unread 07-18-2007, 03:10 PM

You mentioned the "testicular surgery" too? LOL I did too! My DH shut right up after that and left me alone! I've been cleaning and cooking since day 4 and he just stands there like an umpire watching me walk by with wads of laundry. He doesn't do ANY housework or cook, but he's good-lookin, great in the sack and goes to work each day, so after 25 years...I may as well learn to live w/ it!! LOL
Unread 07-18-2007, 03:18 PM

LOL!! Unfortunaltely mine didn't shut up when I said that. His reply (and oh, such a man reply), "It's not the same thing..." ugh
25 years? Wow, thats pretty awesome. Maybe someday I'll get married again.....
Ya know he was good while I was in the hospital, but now that I'm home, hmph, oh well, I spose I put some of that on myself.
Think I'm gonna go take a shower in my now finally clean shower!! Now I can Shave!! Woo-hoo!!!
Unread 07-18-2007, 03:53 PM
Thank you!

Well ladies I thank the Lord everyday that I have my DH. He has been wonderful. At least as wonderful as I would expect. He says "if you want something done tell me" don't over due anything. He has been very understanding with my crying jags (even though I know he does not quite understand what is going on with me). A great listener. Loves that I have this site to go to ...AS DO I after working his 13 hour days always calls to see if I need anything and runs to the movie store. He started me on the Soprano series. After 18 years I feel pretty lucky. I think as women we tend to act like hero's and we take care of things. That's just what we do, I am very guilty of that. Men are not mind readers they need to be told what to do and how to help us. If that don't help kick them in the b*** LOL

But this site is a godsend.
Unread 07-18-2007, 03:58 PM

Hi ByFaith. You're exactly right. We just have to let them know. And that is a lot of my problem. I admit it. I "expect" him to know what to do.....
I see your in Minneapolis. My 6 year old is up there now w/ a good friend of mine. I miss him terribly. She called me this morning to tell me he was sick
I'll be driving up there this weekend to get him
Unread 07-18-2007, 03:59 PM

Here's an email I came across today. I love it! Here's to you all!!

THIS SAYS IT ALL:

Time passes
Life happens.
Distance separates.
Children grow up.
Jobs come and go.
Love waxes and wanes.
Men don't do
what they're supposed to do .
Hearts break.
Parents die.
Colleagues forget favors.
Careers end.
BUT.........

Sisters are there, no matter how much time and how many miles are between you. A girl friend is never farther away than needing her can reach.

When you have to walk that lonesome valley and you have to walk it by yourself, the women in your life
will be on the valley's rim, cheering you on, praying for you, pulling for you, intervening on your behalf, and waiting with open arms at the valley's end.

Sometimes, they will even break the rules and walk beside you...Or come in and carry you out.

Girlfriends, daughters, granddaughters, daughters-in-law, sisters, sisters-in-law, Mothers, Grandmothers, aunties, nieces, cousins, and extended family, all bless our life!

The world wouldn't be the same without women, and neither would I. When we began this adventure called womanhood, we had no idea of the incredible joys or sorrows that lay ahead. Nor did we know how much we would need each other.

Every day, we need each other still. Pass this on to all the women who help make your life meaningful. I just did. Short and very sweet:

There are more than twenty angels in this world.
Ten are peacefully sleeping on clouds. Nine are playing. And one is reading her email at this moment.
Unread 07-18-2007, 04:07 PM
Wow SaraJean

I love the poem and it's so true.

I am sorry to hear your son is sick, hopefully nothing serious. That will be quite the drive for you take it easy and I hope it all goes well. Is that about 3 hours I forgot the last time we were in IA?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register